Chapter 2

Each minute, each second is so sweet

What is this man?

I can’t help but to fall in love

- Friday, IU

Eric.

He was a classmate in the past, he was unlike any other nameless and faceless person in my life but our intersections but rather the lack of it was enough for me to think that my friend was playing a prank on me.

In fact, he was just another boy in my eyes, not much of an acquaintance and we never exchanged our thoughts and ideas with each other. Nods and greetings and sometimes, none.

I look at her dead in the eye but she wasn't joking, the playfulness that was supposed to adorn her eyes were absent.

We were still walking down the slope, we decided to spend our time walking amidst the sun roasting our skin instead of paying the price of 8 pesos for the tricycle.

"What do you mean?" I can only ask, still ignoring the slight thumping of my heart and the flash of giddiness in my mind.

To know that someone likes you, any other person would feel a bit nervous and giddy, no matter if the guy or girl wasn't to your liking.

"What are talking about Meryl? Doesn't he like you? How can he like Ange" Alyssa, with her eyes like that of a bead, another best friend of mine retorted?

I almost forgot, Eric wanted to court Meryl in the past but she refused and now Meryl tells me that he likes me. If I wasn't sure that Meryl wasn't lying to me I would've taken this as a joke being played to me.

"He told me he likes you!" She said exasperatedly, her eyes big as if she wanted to let us see the genuity of her words.

But she wasn't lying yes, but it was still a rather strange matter.

I and Eric didn't know each other, I never had the impression that he likes me nor did he do anything that can lead me to that conclusion.

"Anyway, he wanted me to convey his feelings for you. He was just too shy and scared of you-"

I interrupt her words and ask. "What do you mean scared of me? Am I a  monster?"

"It's because you're too... religious! You're like the good girl in the class, kind and smart and he just feels too intimidated by you!"

I felt a slight satisfaction knowing that someone has a good impression of me and that lead me to think if that was the reason for his liking.

Nevertheless, we all went into our homes and finished our assignments while I lay there in my bed with an unfinished thought.

***
Chapter 2 is up!

Hope you like this chapter everyone! Stay safe and healthy! Have a great day everyone!

Fun fact: He did say those words about her hahaha

Make sure to VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!