Chapter 25

I'm nervous, aikoo
Tiny whirlpools in my heart
A chilly, sweet wind makes me excited

- Shoes, IU

July came in after a long, tiring month of June. There hasn't been a day where the skies don't shed their tears off the land, who the wind almost rattle their whole house with its ferocious upbringing, and how the students enjoyed their free time after learning that there would be no classes due to the storm.

It has been a full month since I've become classmates with Eric.

Now it's been three days after I knew that he still likes me, even if he was still in a relationship.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have told you but- I just, ah! I should slap this noisy mouth of mine!" With a loud smack, Meryl slapped her lips after seeing me contemplate her words.

I still haven't figure out why he still has feelings for me even while he's still in a relationship with a girl he's supposed to like, the girl that he left me for. Knowing his true feelings isn't the easy part, accepting it and making a decision was.

"You shouldn't have told her Meryl, that bas- I mean he already has a girlfriend!" Faith angrily glared at Meryl.

"It was all Eric's fault, Angel wouldn't be like this if it wasn't for him hurting her!" Alysson admonished him with a hateful tone.

"No solution would surface if we blame each other, let's just respect Ange's decision"

I look gratefully at Irish and grip her hand on mine, Irish is one of the level-headed girls I've ever met. She would always say things that would calm me instantly and provide a deep understanding of my emotions.

"I'll think about it first"

Confusion and shock were my first initial reaction when I learned of his feelings then guilt upon learning that his feelings are much stronger for me rather than the girl he left me for. I feel bad for his girlfriend, she doesn't even know that her boyfriend has someone in his heart rather than her, it must have hurt her when she learns or if she will learn about this.

Lunch finished and classes resume, the moment I enter the class I met Eric's eyes and veer around the other way. Just relieving the fact that he's here and he hasn't gotten over his feelings for me was enough for me to feel awkward and guilty resulting in the unfocused manner of learning.

It didn't take long for us to finish classes, I was still muddle-headed when I was tugged in my sleeve by Meryl, she still probably felt guilty for telling me of Eric's feelings.

"Meryl"

"Yes?" We walked out of the class and decided to wait for our friends under the shade of the tree, just inches away is the stage connected with the court.

"How did you know that Eric still has feelings for me?"

She bit her bottom lip and decided to come out of her secret, something that I never thought she would have.

"Eric's friend told me on our chat we... we were MU and I decided to um... say yes to him later"

(AN: MU is a slang in the Philippines meaning Mutual Understanding, those in the ambiguous period who clearly have feelings for each other but didn't put any label onto their budding relationship)

"What? Why didn't you told us?" She winced at the alarm in my face and quickly recovered.

"It's because he's eric's friend and at that time, you were hurting because of him so I didn't dare tell you all. Besides faith would have lectured me so hard I wouldn't even dare chat with him again" her hands weren't still, it was clear from her movements that she's afraid.

What would she be afraid of? Because she liked Eric's friend? Does she think that I'll think of her as a traitor and feel betrayed?

"You-" I sighed deeply and continued. "I won't feel betrayed or anything, I honestly don't care, it wasn't his friend that hurt me. It was him so you don't have to feel afraid and hide this from us again"

"I'm sorry" I smiled and just teased her again after learning that she's about to have a boyfriend and gave her some advice to protect herself.

Our friends soon learned of it and as expected, Faith lectures her but it wasn't as bad as she imagined it to be. Alyssa put her in the group of people with a relationship and told us that they finally have an ally. Things turned out well, there's only my decision to decide whether I reject or accept.

***
Chapter 25 is up!

Fun fact: Yep, still got feelings for her but dang, don't do that to your girl.

Have a great day everyone! Stay safe and happy!

Make sure to VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!