Chapter 45

The memory is falling down
Along the tears, just like a fool

- Raindrop, IU

Her phone kept on ringing, messages flashing on her screen until it darkened, a girl was lying on her bed with tears streaming down her face. She kept on biting her lower lips to prevent her voice from leaking out, the pillow she's currently lying on was damp with unending tears.

It was the first fight they had after becoming lovers, a fight that she initiated and regretted. It feels like a knife was slowly twisting its blunt tip to her heart, letting it bleed out in the cold air.

She never did want to fight with him, even though it's normal for couples to fight she doesn't want to have one with him. But she still did.

It left her feeling bitter and regretful, she wanted to take back her words but the damage has been done and there's no turning back.

"Ange, come and eat!" She heard her mother yelled down the stairs. She then went to the bathroom and splashed cold water on her face, her eyes were swollen red, evidence of what has transpired from her room.

"What took you so long and why are you crying?" Her mother immediately took notice of her swollen eyes.

"I read a very sad story on my phone" she excused, her voice nasally as she continued to sniff.

She heard her mother tsked and yelled at her brother who complained that his head was hurting saying it was because of his use of a phone that he was feeling like that.

After finishing the dishes, she went back to her room and instantly heard her blaring phone, it was Eric that kept calling for hours.
It seems like he isn't a quitter.

But she ignored him, she wanted to stabilize her emotions first before talking to him, or else she'll regret her actions again. She doesn't want to vent her emotions on him and wanted to just talk with him.

Night soon came and everything went quiet, it was this serene night that was broken by her phone constantly vibrating. She managed to fall asleep early and woke up because of her phone continuously vibrating on her side.

I'm sorry, please forgive me

Ange, I won't be close to girls anymore, just please forgive me

What do you want me to do? Tell me

Ange

I'm sorry

His words brought another batch of tears to my eyes, I held back a sob and scrolled down the messages that he kept on sending. He apologized. He promised. He's in pain and regretted it.

I know this wouldn't be the last fight that would occur in our relationship maybe it would be initiated by me or him, who knows I could also be the one in the wrong and would constantly beg for his forgiveness.

The future might look bleak but I know I would withstand it if he's by my side.

Ange: Okay

I sent him a message, my heart beating loosely as I let go of my pride and took the step to forgiveness. He immediately sent a reply and I almost snort in laughter.

Eric: Really? Are you sure - no, you're sure right? Thank you! I won't make you cry again I promise, I love you so much, Ange.

I know, I love you too.

Although our flight didn't last for a week, I knew I would have lost my will already if he continued doing that- begging and lowering himself just to get me to forgive him.

And that was the end of our first fight, one of many more that were solved.

***
Chapter 45 is up!

Fun fact: It was always Eric that constantly ask for forgiveness and he wouldn't sleep without letting them reconcile.

Have a great day everyone and stays safe!

Make sure to VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!