Chapter 24

Beyond the smiling expression
I can't see through to the truth
I'm fine just smiling along with you
Even if someone wrote me a hint

- Glasses, IU

The once dim blue sky changed into a brighter palette coloring the whole land with its radiance. The once-mighty sun was about to fall into a deep slumber, the pearly white clouds stained in their brilliance as the sound of the streets filled the day.

After school is usually where students and workers from all around the land return to their homes. It was then that she finally finished their practice for tomorrow's play and left the school. Her friends were nowhere to be seen beside her as she walked into the familiar route of mabuhay where she would need a tricycle to arrive home.

(AN: Tricycles are one of the main vehicles for students and other people to arrive at their destined place)

After sitting inside the vehicle, it waited till it filled up to six people, they were short of one more person and that leads to him entering inside, his entire self flushing from the heat.

It was Eric.

She tightly held on to her bag, her face void of emotion though the reluctance and awkwardness were clear in her eyes.

The car started, smoke-filled her nose, and the perfume that she was very familiar with wafted into her making her almost squeeze herself into the vehicle itself. She didn't dare to look in her right, her eyes looking straight at what's in front of her, a small radio attached to the front side of the car, and a rosary dangling in her eyes. Her feet were tightly clenched together as the small space and the uneven road made her bump into him unintentionally.

She could even feel the warmth coming off from him and her mind soon travel back to what they had before, what they were a few months ago.

Then his phone lit up, it was like the green monster in her body wanted to be filled up making her look sideways. Her eyes captured what his screen presented, a message from his girlfriend.

Girlfriend.

She too was about to be his girlfriend but he was just too impatient to wait for a year that he decided that she wasn't worth waiting for anymore.

Her mind then begins to be filled with imaginations of how he and his girlfriend do, their private intimacy, and the way he cared and made her laugh. It was like she's torturing herself once more, putting a knife in her hand and plunging it to her chest, twisting it painfully till she gasps in pain.

The car stopped at 7-11 pantok where the passengers left the vehicle one by one. It was her turn soon and she moved out of the vehicle with swift moves, no longer want to be in the same area as him. They've been practicing together for hours just a moment ago and now he's in her comfort zone once more, it was both irksome and exasperating.

"Ange!"

Even amidst the rowdy streets she still could pick out his voice and it hurts that she was once his everything and now she's not anymore.

She heard him shout but she didn't turn back, she doesn't plan on turning back because she knows if she did, there's no turning back.

***
Chapter 24 is up!

Well, that was sad, Eric's such a bastard in here. Sorry, Eric.

Have a great day everyone! Stay safe and happy!

Make sure to VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!