Chapter 73

Her eyes suddenly had a tinge of red, it was evidence of what has transpired in her night.  She didn't want to appear as she's cried but she couldn't help it, anytime it was related to him she would lose her sanity and moved based on her emotion.

She couldn't think straight that night and until today the doubts that have taken seed in her heart bloomed the moment her eyes landed on his guilty ones.

"What?" It was harsh for the ears, something that would only show when she has lost her rationality.

"Did... Did you meet Desirae?"

Her mouth pulled into a tight line, even her name was like nails on board being played into her ears. What's more, she could feel her anger boiling just from hearing her name out of her boyfriend's lips.

"Yes, she was very curious about you. She wanted me to take care of you, funny how she's worried for you" she sneered at the end, her eyes fluttered to his worried ones and she couldn't help but sigh in irritation.

Her heart bleeds yet she's still concerned about him, so much for the oath of not making her cry anymore. That made her feel ironic, smiling contemptuously at herself.

"Ange, I have nothing to do with her, she's just my ex when I was in seventh grade and I didn't even stay with her for too long"

Just an ex? Then why is she still converted about you? I wanted to ask that to him but I couldn't, it was like a fishbone was stuck to my throat not letting any voice leak.

There's only a minute or so before class starts, I don't want to have a fight with him and turn back with tears on my face. That just screams gossip then if my friends knew and mostly Alex would lecture me again.

"Okay"

I didn't forgive him nor told him that we'll talk again later, I just assumed that it would be best to not talk about her again and hopefully burn this memory into ashes.

And boy was I wrong. So wrong.

...

I'm currently doing group work with my classmates for completing our research chapters 1- 3 in the house of our leader, Mark.

The others were mainly cooking pancit canton which is essential in every group meeting, the others giving some suggestions to him and the others just mainly looking on their phones.

I was part of the latter since I've finished giving mine to him, I have also typed the topic assigned to me, and is now sitting in their kitchen since they didn't have a couch with my phone with me.

Meryl: He and his friends had a challenge, the winner is determined by the number of girlfriends that he has.

That was sick and my teeth itched in anger when I saw it. I knew it was already in the past but I still wanted to know it.

Meryl was also Eric's classmate in grade 7 and that was like fate telling me to ask for his past relationship with her.

Meryl: Desirae didn't like Eric but one of his friends then Eric's friends dared him to court Desirae which he did.

Again, another sick satisfaction occurred in my heart after knowing that his relationship with her was based on a bet but then felt that I was too much to feel this way.

Ange: So why did she still came to me?

They've been apart for a long time and by Eric's words, they didn't even stay for too long. What could have made her so obsessed with him that she would come to me- his new girlfriend.

Meryl: Well... Do you know Eric's ex before you?

I do. It was the girl that he dated when he was still courting me and said that he would wait for a year. Bastard.

Ange: I do, wait- did she also came to her?

Meryl: She did and she also told her to take care of Eric.

Shameless. It was like slapping you in the face, it's just too much for her. Why did she even came to me and ask for that? It's like she's looking for a fight, instigating a separation with me and Eric so she can come to his rescue once his heart is broken?

Well, Eric better prays that his ex- Desirae- wouldn't flaunter her side to our relationship, or else there would be no more of us.

***
Chapter 73 is up!

Fun Fact: There is a challenge like that and they didn't stay too long, sigh. Eric, that's too insensitive of you.

Have a great day everyone and stays safe!

Make sure to VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!