Chapter 109

The moment I enter the classroom everyone was busy doing their own things, today is after all the final defense. There isn't a class today since this day is dedicated only for the final defense of all HUMSS and GAS students.

"Faith told me that the panelist doesn't ask too many questions" I informed my group of friends. Faith is an ABM student and they have already finished their final defense. I have also asked Alysson and Eric but they all gave positive words that greatly relieved me of my nervousness.

"Are you sure?" Jamie asked, their group was one of the most focused by teachers since it deals with three schools.

"Yeah, I am, don't worry about it besides Alex's group has Alexia" Alex nodded at Jamie but she couldn't hide the anxiety in her pupils and I wouldn't blame her.

"We have Alexia, her mother also helped us on our PPT and she told us to make it shorter and more direct" Emil informed and Georgia soon looked at their PPT to make sure it fit into Emil's words.

Alexia is one of Alex's members as well as the daughter of one of the panelists for today's defense.

"Lucky you, anyway you wouldn't cry anymore" Jelinr teased Alex for her cries in the past months.

"How about ours? We don't even have tears left to cry" Espe mumbled and we all look at her in pity. It was their group that was the most pitiful, although they got some help from our new Immersion teacher it couldn't erase the fact that their research was changed for the third time.

"Does ma'am still chat with Willmark, Jamie?"

"I don't want to talk about her" she said in pure annoyance after all her boyfriend has been pitched by our teacher to her niece. Besides there's also the case of her always chatting with Jamie's boyfriend.

In the next three hours we practiced over and over again what we would say. The paper that I used to write on to what I would say and some questions that one of the panelist might throw to me and to my group mates were written in here.

"Have you readied your index paper?" Our leader Michelle asked, mine was already complete.

"Here's your name tag, put it in the left of your chest with a pin or tape" another one of my group mates said before giving me my name tag.

"Pael! Do you have your keys? We need to get the food for the panelist now!" Jan Mill yelled before Rafael, another transferee to our class came with his keys and left with her.

"We have an hour more, there's no traffic today I reckon" Berna says, she has already begun to look more energetic after all we have already finished the play and just needs a little bit more to complete our activities.

The rest of the class were out while the boys put the chairs behind the class. The girls were assigned to clean the room while arranging the chairs for the panelist and their wooden table were put in front. Rafael and Janmill finally arrived and put the food into the table.

After that the panelists arrives long with or adviser. We begin to feel pressured and nervous, I felt my heart beating so fast I feel like I'm gonna faint.

"Relax ange, you can do it!" My friends were cheering me on and I slightly loosened up.

"Group 1, ready yourself"

It was like the call from the purge, my heart hanging from my throat and I felt my nails sinking into my palm. I grip my black skirt tightly then made sure to adjust my collar before going in.

There's no turning back.

...

My heart went back to it's place after I return to reality. Clouds tainted in warm colors begin to move in a leisurely way while the sun begins to give signs of going to slumber. The ground trickled with little stones being pushed in each step we take.

We were merry on our way, the stiff uneasy lips of min were finally lifted into a smile and I find myself breathing into the summery air.

"Congratulations to us! We're now officially opened to have fun!" Kaye yelled boisterously and we clapped happily at her.

The rest of the girls brew plans for us to do, swimming this month and then going to a diner place. We relished on the little time that was only left for us before graduation arrives.

"We should go to Jamie's!"

"That's right, let's go!"

"Irish go get the food from your friends!"

"Hey! You didn't even ask for my permission"! Jamie shrieked while Jeline and Emil ran along with Pauline till they reached the terminal.

"Georgia, let me just head lock you, the lump on your neck seems to recede" Alex begged to Georgia after being head locked by her for the entire semester.

"Me too! I haven't tried choking you yet!" I said to Georgia who is now giving us death glares.

The twins started their usual fight, eyes looking fondly at the friends that I have made in the past two years. They were now a part of my family, the extension of my sisters that I never had and I felt so lucky that I met them.

"Hey, wait for me!"

***
Chapter 109 is up!

Have a great day everyone and stays safe!

Make sure to VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!