Letter 5

The voice I long for even in my dreams
I call out the name but there’s no answer
Only the tearful echo returns
And I listen to that sound by myself

- Dear name, IU

Lonely.

I get lonely at times, every time I look at the pictures that we've taken that has now turned into a memory. The times where I held your warm hands and enveloped them into mine, where your embrace recalls me of that summer nights when we used to hang outside, those times called my loneliness.

Even if I was still surrounded by the people I loved, there were still those who have left. That existence I knew that I would never see nor hear again, it was just a fleeting memory playing in the back of my mind.

In this dark heated night, I saw a glimpse of myself, with tears still intact from my red-rimmed eyes. I saw the sadness and sorrow that penetrates the mirror, reflecting what I have lost in the past years and months.

I suffer loneliness amidst the ocean of people with me, pressing down the feeling of being alone when I'm with the people I love hoping that they won't notice.

Loneliness and happiness interact within me, sometimes it was the latter resulting and sometimes the former, but whatever emotion gets revealed in my eyes, I still have to continue on living.

***
Letter 5 is up!

It's okay to be lonely, it's natural for us to feel sad, do not suppress it or it will choke us out.

Have a great day everyone! Stay safe and happy!

Make sure to VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!