Chapter 21

I spend a while just reading
Reading your messages that have filled my phone

- The night of the first breakup, IU

The summer of twenty seventeen rushed in the hot aromatic air as the scorching rays of the sun bringing forth life to nature's gift. The summer infused breeze brush past over my scorched skin, cooling it with it's pleasant wind.

Pool resorts is where people mostly gathers when the summer heat blasted the land, men with their bare upper body walked into the narrow humid streets as several children of all ages scampered out of their home to cherish their vacations.

"Ange, come on, I'll hold your hand!"

"I don't want to!" I screamed at the top of my lungs when my brother, Jhonrie, carried me to the 5 feet pool. I held his neck tuglty in my arms almost choking him but I didn't care, I do not know how to swim and I certainly would drown if I let go of him.

"Let go!" He coughed out and when he almost pushed me into the water, I flail my arms around my other brother, Richard and clung to him like my life was on line.

"You bastard!" I glared at the now grinning Jhonrie before splashing him with water, I don't like to see his victorious grin.

We're currently in a resort, Ella Ville, just in Calumpang. It's already April and school finally ended here, my loving brother, Richard, decided to let us have some fun with our relatives. Almost all of my family and relatives are here, the food was brought by each family and shared with each other.

(AN: Ella Ville is a pool resort in Calumpang Binangonan)

It did take my mind off some painful things, although there's still a slight tug of pain in my heart, I think I can already handle it.

"Angelica is so big now ah, does she have a boyfriend?" My auntie asks and my mother shakes her hand and answer.

"Ange doesn't have one, she's too young"

"Finishing college is my goal tita" yeah right, I almost got myself into a relationship with someone.

(AN: Tita means aunt, it can also be called to blood related aunties or friends of your mother and father)

"Eh~ Ange is so pretty though" I know that and I appreciate your honesty. "But you're right, she's too young, it's better to finish your study first. If you're with someone you risk being pregnant at a young age"

There's some cousins of mine that got pregnant on a young age and I can totally see where my aunt is going but it doesn't mean that I don't know what being into a relationship means. I'm not planning to have a family this young, love relationships are mostly platonic at this age and yes there are some who doesn't have that kind of relationship.

It's my choice and my responsibility if I indeed got myself pregnant, of course the guy would also be responsible, he better be but I already know the struggles that I would face so I never had that idea even when I'm almost into a relationship.

Soon, the sun dips it heads down for a sleep, tints of orange and red mixed in the blue sky signaling the end of our activity. I knew for sure that my arms and my whole body would ache in pain, as if I got run over a truck.

As I lay on my bed, I scroll through the messages that we've exchanged for four months. Remembering the good days where my spring blooms and how easy it withers in front of my very own eyes.

My eyes prickled seeing the word 'I love you' funny how easy it is for him to say those things and later ended talking to me. He must he asking her if she has eaten as well or if someone bullied her, maybe he would also talk about his days to her and say good morning and good night to her every day.

I feel my eyes tearing up when I finally accepted that he would say I love you to another person, someone that isn't me.

And it hurts, damn him.

***
Chapter 21 is up!

Sigh, I've been telling all my friends that single life is the best, no heartaches and no fear for your relationship ending. But then again you wouldn't get to feel the love from a lover, the anxiety and giddyness that one would give.

Have a great day everyone! Stay safe and happy!

Make sure to VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!