Chapter 51

The stringer your hate is, the more the person you hate will stay in your head and heart. It was indeed true for I still couldn't take my mind off of him, I could only do so when I am submerged in my school works and chores but at the end of the night, he is all in my mind.

He was like a shadow that would only appear at night, something that I couldn't escape myself from.

It was at this time that I find the word shameless fitting for him.

"Ange"

I gritted my teeth and turned back, my veins pulsing in anger for both him and my friend Meryl for fooling me. They tricked me into their scheme, Meryl, my dearest friend just decided to act like a bridge and let Eric come into my world.

"Where's Meryl?" I hissed and stayed away from him, there weren't many people this morning, and only those who have shopped from puregold lingers.

We were currently seated near Puregold, our usual hang-out place, one that Meryl fooled me into going saying she needed me for relationship advice. I thought she was hurt because of her boyfriend and didn't think for a second that all of her words were just a lie to trick me into leaving home and coming here.

"I'm sorry, I just wanted to meet you"

"Meet me? Don't you want to meet her?" I exclaimed bitterly, I could almost taste the bitterness in my mouth.

He shut his eyes and opened it again, he looks like he was restraining himself and I was just dynamite about to explode.

"What did you come here for huh? For apologizing? No need, we're already over, I have nothing more to say to you"

"Ange!"

His eyes blatantly looked at me in both frustration and despair, I moved my eyes away from him, or else I'll find myself sucked into those orbits.

"I didn't love her, I just find myself fascinated by her faith that I suddenly find myself... liking her but you were the one I truly love. I really don't like her, I was just fascinated by her. I never knew that I love you after you said those heartbreaking words and break us off. I'm sorry and please, please, give me a chance"

I could feel my heart swaying and I hate myself for being weak. I hate myself for letting the satisfaction that his words brought. To know that he would always come back to me was just weakening the resolve I had for days.

"I beg you ange, give me a chance. I swear in my life that I would never let you cry again. If you need more time that's okay, I would never fall to someone again, I swear"

He was down on his knees and the sincerity in his voice finally took root on my already faltering resolve.

He was so sticky with me, even though he wasn't touching my hand I could feel the burning desire in his eyes to be near me. The suffocation in my chest lessened and I find myself being able to breathe.

I always advocate for giving people chances, my father wanted to change but it was just an unfortunate thing that the lord has taken him away. This time I wanted to give him a chance after all our life isn't always constant, it's changing and one should always know that we need to at least give people a chance to change themselves.

"Fine, one more chance and if you fuck it up, you're dead"

Then I was hugged tightly by him, I relished on his warmth- one that I've been missing for in the past weeks.

***
Chapter 51 is up!

Fun fact: Yep, Ange's friend really did that to her, and Eric was given another chance by Ange.

Have a great day everyone and stays safe!

Make sure to VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!