Chapter 40

Just want to stay by your side
Don't need anything else

- Boo, IU

September was the month where Intrams started, a month later after being suspended due to the number of storms that passed in the month of August.

(AN: Intrams is a sports event in school where different schools have a match with each other, it is held in the biggest high school in the surrounding area)

It was one of the most exciting events that happen in their school, something different besides studying and doing school-related activities. All of the students included in the sports team regained their vigor, two weeks before Intrams started they were already practicing.

Every student was fired up for the event, their eyes only on the match of basketball and volleyball. The teachers would be given some time for themselves if they permitted the students to watch the game since some teachers wouldn't act like that and continue the class.

Like the one that they're zoning out of now, longing filled their eyes as they took sneaky pics outside the window where some students were now shouting their lungs out and cheering for their favorite players. The sound of sneakers making contact with the ground, the piercing shouts from the audience, and the referee whistling out remain in their ears.

"Eyes in here!"

They almost jump off their seats and looked at the now frowning ethics teacher, she sported a sour expression and continued her lecture. Her tone was flat and they wanted to cry but had no tears.

"When will this class end?" She heard from behind, it was her friend Meryl and she was anxious since her boyfriend would be playing in the next match and here she is, stuck in the class.

She was seated on the second row since the seating arrangements were alphabetical. Eric was seated on the fourth row, his eyes were also peering at the window.

We're like ants on a pot and the moment our ethics teacher finished her class and left the room, we ran out of the class and rushed to the bleachers where the number of students has increased.

"Come on!" Meryl dragged me on my arm as we rush to the school's court where the school's basketball team is currently about to start.

The volleyball match was placed in the gymnasium and on the stage where the school's court is connected, two badminton players are currently in a match though no one watches them that much.

"Go, Mark! Go, go, go!" She shouted and I breathed heavily after running, my eyes wandered and I saw Eric walking aimlessly.

"Eric! Here!" I waved my hand at him as his eyes sparkled after seeing me and jogged in our direction.

It was our Mapeh teacher that is scheduled for today's class but she already told the class that was free to watch the game and we can only be in the gymnasium or the court, warning us to not have the idea to leave the school.

"I was trying to catch up on you but you two were too fast"

"It was because of this gal" I pointed at the now screaming Meryl and closed my ears to avoid hearing her high-pitched scream.

He just smiled and stood next to me, he was one head taller than me, fortunately, we managed to find a good spot, or else we'll have to take the space in front of the basketball net itself and get the first of getting hit in the ball.

Some players were seated on the bench, two students acted as a commentator while the other was assigned to the scoreboard. The referee is a sports teacher from our school and soon the match started.

The players from the other team were tall and bulky while ours were more ok the leaner side but was still tall. I see a lot of familiar faces and well-known players that are well known in this area.

The game started and our school got the ball, it was intense than I naturally expected and the sound of sneakers coming into contact with the ground begins to get louder. They were all swift but ours were much swifter, a small guy with the number 7 attached on his back was like a horse as he runs from the other court and made a pass to a robust man before making a shoot.

It passed. It was our first point and everyone screamed. It went on like that for a long time, the scores were now 12: 11 and it shows a very tight match that has us gripping on our hands in nervousness.

I screamed as well after seeing our team earning a three-point shot, I was easily affected by the adrenaline and the excitement that I also began to shout names and forget about Eric.

"I'm also good at playing basketball" he suddenly mentioned and I just nodded at him before focusing on the game. "I'm much good than number 7"

I lifted my eyes and blink at him, I watch as his ears redden and he refused to look at me, his eyes frantic and I could see a hint of jealousy on it.

"Jealous?" I whispered and laughed out loud after seeing him shake had head vehemently then composed himself as if he didn't just pout at her in jealousy.

Times like this I could feel that he indeed like me, a sick satisfaction washed over me as I saw him trying to act cool but ruining it by the redness of his ear, an indication of his embarrassment.

"Don't worry, you're still the number one in my life"

I didn't hear him say anything that time and fluttered my focus to the game before I felt my hands being clenched tightly under me.
I look to my right, his eyes held seriousness and he purses his lips before saying.

"Me too"

***
Chapter 39 is up!

Have a great day everyone and stays safe!

Make sure to VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!