Chapter 64

July of 2019, twelve months have passed and a year has been created, they say that the relationship is the thing that should be prolonged and not the courting and they were right.

We're now on the first anniversary of our relationship- tomorrow to be exact.

As if the world blooms into my palm, I felt myself smiling all the way from my ears as I washed the dishes which I didn't like doing.

"Wow, didn't think that you two could make it into a year" my mother broke into my fantasy and I just snorted at her.

"Mom, we did, get over it"

"Yeah yeah, as if I haven't experienced that as well besides, you two should focus on your studies first and then your relationship. You need time management and yet you still struggle with that-" her eyes pointed to the unfinished assignment that I have on the table.

"I was about to finish it but you made me wash the dishes"

"Even so- study first! I mean congrats for hitting a year into your relationship but that's just the beginning, being in a relationship is like working. You need to work hard and put effort into it. A relationship doesn't just stay forever because of love- it's just one aspect of it. Communicate with him more, tell him your thoughts and fights- those are normal things, you would always fight with your partner but it's up to the two of you on how you would solve it"

I'm a newbie when it comes to relationships, I only have Eric as my boyfriend coupled with some kpop crushes and nonfictional characters I imagined being partners with. This is my first time being in a relationship and I am treading on eggshells, getting angry and happy based on the emotions of the other, fighting over some silly things, and making up before the night ends.

I knew relationships are hard to deal with but I just never knew the extent of how hard it is.

"Thanks, mom"

Her eyes fluttered their way over mine and gave me that knowing smile, I just shake my head and continued washing the dishes.

...

Today is Saturday, the sun is out on the horizon and the weather feels pleasant after showering the world for three days. I walk out of my home albeit with my brother's fruits whom I just ignored and held Eric's hands.

"Cough!"

"That was so fake brother" I glared at Kuya Jhonrie while he did the same to Eric who was now standing stiffly beside me.

"What time will the two of you return?" It was Ronnel and I just groaned out loud, we haven't even left yet and they're asking when we'll return, isn't that a bit too much?

"We're leaving now Kuya, bye!"

I dragged Eric with me and didn't wait for my brothers' protest, my mother would deal with the four of them and now I'm gonna be dealing with Eric here.

"Don't worry, my brothers are just joking" I tap his back gently while he caressed my head with his slightly rough palm.

"It's okay, I'll be the one dealing with them the next time"

"You can do it!" I gave him some confidence since all of my brothers are indeed quite scary when they're stern.

It didn't take us long to reach SM Taytay, the jeepney was crowded since it was the weekend today and the mall was even more. I held Eric's hand and the two of us decided to do some window shopping first- particularly me.

There were a lot of phone sellers who came into us to introduced their newly released phones, every time my eyes wander I would see different things, countless couples were also seen everywhere in the crowd.

We then decided to eat at Jollibee, we ordered chicken joy and spaghetti and talked about ourselves, what we did and some gossips that we heard from others, playfully banter around and whined about the teachers that made us do so many things.

"Let's play more?" He asked and I nodded happily, I have been stuck in my room and to the studies that I have not gone out to play with my friends.

We went inside a world of fun and play some games. He taught me how to shoot a ball into the net, let me drive even though I always bumped into the enemy, lost dozens of pennies, and earned some tickets which we converted to candies.

We then sat into an inconspicuous corner, the floor was cold and that believed my aching feet, the others have also done the same.

"Here's your gift"

I look down to see him giving me a paper bag with a heart pillow inside of it as well as an explosion box. When I opened the box, it was filled with different brands of chocolates and there was even a real rose stuck into it.

"Thank you" I held it in my chest and was in awe once again at his careful mind. I have wanted to buy myself a pillow and once has compared to him about it. I didn't know that he would remember it and give it to me as a gift.

I remember my gift for him as well and take the basketball shirt with his birthday number stitched on the back and put it in his arms.

"Thank you love" he then kissed me on my forehead, one that I was insecure about but has now begun to accept.

Even though we were seated on the floor along with many others, I still felt it was the most magical place in the world because he was with me.

***
Chapter 64 is up!

Have a great day everyone and stays safe!

Make sure to VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!