Chapter 16

Everything's alright
If you hold me tight
I'm alright, only if I have you

- Everything's alright, IU

It was the second month of the year 2017, February blooms with its seasonal heat, and the mood between lovers became more pronounced each day February ticks.

Through the school's court, students from all different sections gathered to take on their final exam in PE, dancing. The sound of traditional dancing mixed in with the chatters of the students, leaders with their red angry faces who have attempted to stop their nonstop conversations, and those who were naturally hard-headed and didn't listen.

The practice stopped and the students gathered in their social circle while some went to the canteen. It's lunchtime and they don't have any class this afternoon, a meeting was held which delighted all the students.

"Your birthday is near Ange! You'll be seventeen soon which means there's only a tear left and you'll be eighteen soon!" Meryl, who came from the next class, came to me and shake my hand in excitement.

"Ehhh... there's still a lot of months, I wish Eric luck then" Irish mumbled while Faith nodded in agreement.

I also felt the fear that gripped my heart whenever I see Eric getting along with girls in his class. I do feel a bit jealous but I know I have made my intentions clear, I won't be with him till he waited for a year. Besides, my cousin attends school here and I would surely get an earful of scolding by my older brothers.

"Hey Alyssa, stop chatting with your boyfriend and chat with us!" Faith, the bitter one of the five of us say, she always murmurs how she can't have a boyfriend unlike us.

"It's February faith, don't be bitter you never know maybe your Mr. Right would come soon" faith decided to tickle Alyssa and stop her from getting her phone, she even went far as to confiscate it.

We laughed seeing Alyssa's bitter expression, our laughter was cut off when I saw Eric, he was smiling with one of his friends and he even petted her hair.

The jealousy in me clamored to be let out, I shackled it with my will even though I have no qualms about letting it out. I just don't want to let him see the ugly in me, after all every girl doesn't want the one they like to see the ugly moments in them.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk, minus one!" I heard Irish say and I asked her about it. "I have a set of points for Eric and now he's in nine points after that"

"You- you really are too much" I squeezed her face but it did let my mind washed its memories of Eric with a girl.

The music started and it was from Faith's class, she can only go there since she's one of the class leaders that teach them the steps for their dance, Itik-Itik.

(AN: Itik-Itik is a Philippine folk dance from Surigao del Sur that mimics how the itik walks and splashes water to attract a mate)

The rest of us went to our respective groups, my eyes met Eric's and I don't know what has gotten into me but I didn't return his smile. I just continued to listen to the leader of our class as she taught us Carinosa.

(AN: Carinosa dance is a Filipino cultural dance made for flirting, hence it’s a courtship dance in the Philippines)

Soon, the sun became bright orange as it colors the sky with its mighty rays. Practice finished as I waited for my other friends so we can all go home. As I sat at one of the stairs in the school court, I heard a series of steps beside me and I turn to my left to see Eric walking up to me.

"Ange, hi uh... are you and your friends gonna go home now?" He almost looks cautious and I kind of feel funny seeing him that way.

"Yeah we are"

"Um... can I uh- can I come along with you?" His voice was filled with nervousness as his eyes dart from everywhere besides my face.

"Why are you so nervous?" I couldn't help but ask.

He didn't respond and when I was about to divert the topic, he opened his lips and say.

"It's because it's been so long since... since I've seen you"

My heart tickled as if it was some cat's stomach being fondled, I can only shrug in indifference even though I could see a sliver of a smile filling my lips.

"Yeah" I answered but his eyes remained in question. "I mean you can come with us, yeah" I saw his eyes glittering against the pouring of light under the shade of the tree.

This time, his smile was directed to me and it was much more brighter compared to before.

***
Chapter 16 is up!

Fun fact: February is her birth month, along with her is one of our friends so we always celebrate their birthdays.

Have a great day everyone and stays safe!

Make sure to VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!