Chapter 67

Trust issues.

I'm having one, I mean aren't all people who have relationships does? Was it right to feel this way? I don't know by for some reason I felt that I was sinning if I even thought that Eric would cheat on me.

The matter of him losing interest and fading that spark kept me on my toes, even if we've been already been together for a year, I still felt so inadequate in my skin.

"We broke up" I heard Meryl say, we were having a girl's night today after countless persuasions from my brother's aide.

"Why? What happened?" Faith was quick on her feet and held Meryl's hand.

"He didn't cheat on you, right? Was he-"

"No he didn't" she cut Alysson, she was heaving from her cry and I gave her a glass of water which she drank in appreciation.

Our hearts hurt for her, it was also her first relationship, I could sympathize with her more considering Eric was my first and hopefully the last two.

"He lost his love for me he... he doesn't love me anymore" she then bowed her head and cried, tears fell from her lap as we consolidate her.

"Time will heal you," Irish said and she rebutted.

"For how long? How long will it take?" She vented her heartache to us but we take it all in, we knew she was hurt and all of this thing that is happening to her made her like this.

"Meryl, we're here for you okay? He's not just the other guy in this world" I said, girls would always pour garbage words to the boys who hurt their girl friends, no matter the country it was always like that.

I still remember how happy she was when the two of them confirmed their feelings, the goofy moments and habits that were formed into their relationship are nothing more than just a wistful of memories.

The four of us held her close, tell her funny stories to relieve her of sadness, bashed on her boyfriend - that poor boy but then again he hurt their friend, their conscience was thrown out of their window at that point.

...

"Is Meryl okay?" I heard Eric asked me, we were eating together after going home together.

"She is" I stated simply, it was awful to vent my annoyance at Eric since it wasn't him that hurt Meryl but then again it was his friend.

He shut his mouth, his brows furrowed but he didn't say more. I know it was wrong for me to do this to him but all the issues in myself and now facing my friend's heartache made me feel insecure about my own.

It feels like he's going to break my heart someday and I didn't want that to happen.

The two of us left the diner and proceeds to walk to my home and when we reached our tambayan, he tugged me in my sleeve and pointed to the seat.

I look in confusion and he just gently tug me there and made me sit while he crouches in front of me. Thank goodness there weren't too many people in the streets or else I would beat him in public.

"What are you doing?! Get up!" I hissed softly and yanked him up but he didn't budge on his position. 

I eventually gave up and look at him in defeat, he gave me that adorable smile of his showing his lovely dimple which made my anger lessen.

Tch, he truly knows how to act cute.

"You know I'll never do the same, I like you, so much. I'd be a fool to let our relationship weaken just because another fell out of love. We're not them, we still love each other, right?" His eyes pierced my thoughts and I can only chew my lips and nodded at him.

He was right that we shouldn't get so affected by other people, that I should focus on our present and worry about the future when it comes.

"I know" I mumbled underneath at my breath and tugged my fingers uncomfortably.

He then encased it with his rough and bigger hand, his palm was warm and I lifted my eyes to meet his.

"I'm sorry"

It was genuine this time, I'm truly sorry for doubting him, I don't want to but it always shows in my vulnerable moments.

"I'm sorry that I made you feel insecure" I held his hand tighter this time. "I promise that I won't break your heart"

At this time, I only know that his promise would follow till my old years but of course, that's another matter to be told.

***
Chapter 67 is up!

Have a great day everyone and stays safe!

Make sure to VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!