Chapter 71

Christmas party is always a staple in elementary school, dancing to 2ne1 and performing carolings, and exchanging gifts are some of the occurrences that one may see at a Christmas party.

Today, our classroom has been transformed into a Christmas-themed room filled with diverse designs in the shade of red and green. Each of us was dressed and dolled up to perfection, each has food to share with everyone on their hand.

"Ange! You're too slow!"

"Well I'm sorry I don't have long legs like you, Jeline" I sneered seeing the triumphant smile on her face.

Before that our group of friends decided to wait in 7-11 pantok and hope to arrive at school together but of course, Filipino time!

"What you got, Espe?"

"Rice cakes" she simply stated and we looked down at her arms to see a box of biko.

"Is it heavy?" I on the other hand decided to cook rice, it was very heavy considering my small stature and I was thankful that Eric came with me.

"It's not, see?"

"Show off" I mutter but the smile on my face seems to disgust my single friends along with Jamie who already has a boyfriend. "What? What are you all looking at?"

"Blegh, that's ugh!" I rolled my eyes at Jamie and decided to just ignore them.

Eric was still beside me, his hand was held tightly to mine creating a cocoon of warmth on my hand. Those who were close to me and knew Eric teased us making me quicken my steps and drove Eric away.

It didn't take long for our classroom to fill up, our adviser Ma'am Eve was our new adviser for the second semester and hopefully till we graduate. She was a very compassionate, such a chill person, and also she gets so along with us that we started to treat her as our loving sister. Ma'am Eve arrives with a red bodycon dress which made us give some flattering words then it was time for the party to start.

"Layunan, thank you for having me as your adviser, think you for the months of laughter and stress-" that made us laugh. "But I wouldn't change a thing because you Layunan is the best class I've ever handled. Now let's go and start this party!"

Everyone started to let out their crazy side, those who were introverts decided to just stay behind and film those who were dancing like crazy in the middle. The rest formed a group and that includes us, just taking pictures of each other and dancing like wiggly worms being poured with salt.

Remembering the first day of senior year I would never have thought that I would have so much fun with the class. I've seen new people and got close with them, found the similarities and differences in each other, and created a bond so unique it couldn't be imitated.

I really am thankful for meeting them.

Then it was time for us to eat, the boys were the first ones to match over, it's like the saying women's first was washed away with the sight of food. Even Alex, the mouth warrior fled our group and slip her way into that tiny space just to grab food.

"Emil! Go and grab a bottle of coke!" Jamie ordered Emil and we laughed so hard tears fell from my eyes when we saw him walking towards us with a bottle of coke and a triumphant smile on his face.

I was lucky enough to get at least a piece of chicken, sad for those who were too lazy to get up though. I scooped some rice from the container that I brought and added some Biko and Cassava cake on the other.

"Here" I put down the plastic cups that I brought along when I finished gathering food for myself.

"Hey! Don't eat first! Let's take pictures!" It was Jeline and we all groaned but still posed as if we were models.

After filling up our stomachs it was time to exchange gifts. Ma'am Eve walk in front and with her lapel on, she announced the names that she took from the gift boxes in the center of the table.

"Angelica!"

I stood up and take the gift from my teacher's hand, it was shaped like a box and I prayed that it wasn't a mug or a picture frame like those gifts from elementary days.

I tore the gift wrap and after seeing the inside, my eyes lit up and a smile graced upon my lips. It was a perfume, it was much better than what I thought of and saw the tag, it was from Jamie.

"Jamie, I love you!" I flew to her side and suddenly hugged her.

"Ew! I'm not into girls, I have a boyfriend!" Her tone was filled with disgust but I didn't mind it.

"Sharing is caring Jamie, mind sharing Willmark with me," Emil said making Jamie shrieked which made me slap my hands to my ears.

"No! How dare you, Emil!"

I went to Pauline's side and saw a t-shirt on her place with the face of all the BTS members printed on it.

"Wow! Who gifted you that?" I was slightly envious since I also would like to have a t-shirt with Suho printed in front.

"Ate Je" she says in a bright tone and I wouldn't blame her.

I saw in the corner of my eyes the figure of Irish and soon Alex runs to her and hugged her tight.

"Irish! Great that you're here!

Irish has also integrated into our group and has become close with Alex and the rest. She would also come with us whenever we have practice or just leave school together.

Soon, the party finished and we all cleaned up our belongings, took the containers that were once filled with food, and went home after a fun and tiring event.

***
Chapter 71 is up!

Fun Fact: Our teacher did change when it was the second semester and she stayed as our adviser till graduation. In short, she's the best teacher ever.

Have a great day everyone and stays safe!

Make sure to VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!