Chapter 115

"Let's break up"

That was the first coherent sentence that I said. Tears fell straight to my clenched hands, I didn't look at him, I couldn't.

The only thought I have was that he'll leave me in the end. That we wouldn't work out. Before he abandons me I will take the first step and break this relationship with him.

Long-distance will only make us suffer, I don't want to be away from him and be filled with thoughts of him leaving me every day.

He would soon find a new girl, someone he would call his girl; I will be no longer his and him no longer mine.

"Ange, please don't do this" he stretched his hand to hold mine but I avoided him. The look of hurt that flashes in his eyes felt like a punch through my gut. His eyes were watery, my regretful face was reflected on his eyes but it couldn't take away the pain I brought to him.

And his to me.

"It's better to b-break up" I hiccuped along with my words, my throat parched as if I went to a desert. The words fell out of my lips despite the obvious rejection of my chest.

It's better to rip off that bandage than to let it stay and have long pain.

"Ange-"

"I'm sorry"

I ran away from my once solace, rushed to my home to get the tears out before my family sees it with my heart ripped along the way.

The room was strip off with its usual brilliance, the sun replaced the moon, and soon darkness greeted a figure huddled on her bed. Shaking from the suppressed sobs, her cries of sorrow were overpowered by the cicadas with her door and heart locked away from reality.

Her tears have long dried that night when the sun shone upon her tear-streaked face, a new day has begun but it was much harder for her to wake up.

"Oh, what happened to your eyes?"

"Wattpad" her voice hoarse as she answered her mother's question with the same excuse.

As she passed her brothers who were sitting down for breakfast, she heard one of them say.

"You look ugly"

Her third brother Jonnel says and tears just suddenly fell on her cheek- one that she didn't know she could still have after a night of wailing.

"You made your sister cry!" Her mother slap Jonnel into the back of his head while she heard him saying what the hell.

"You stupid! You made ange cry, she's not gonna cook your favorite Leche flan then!"

The three remaining brothers slap Jonnel on his back earning a playful groan from him. As she watched that scene she suddenly laughed, her brothers looked at her with wide eyes.

"She has become crazy!"

"It's your fault, Jonnel!"

"Take this- and that!"

Her teats stopped and the room was filled with her laughter, choking back the hiccup she wiped the tears away from her face.

She still has her brothers, her family, and friends. She can leave him- yes it would be hard but she'll do her best to stop herself from crying.

Maybe someday the pain would become numb and only the good memories of them would surface in her mind.

In the next week, she has become busy helping her mother, cooking for the family, and cleaning the house till it's wiped clean. She has also gone out of her house along with her friends, she didn't tell them about her breakup and wanted to forget about it for the time being.

"Free on Wednesday? Yeah, I am!"

Now she has scheduled to leave to Binangonan to go to Kalbaryo since the Holy week will be starting this week.

(AN: Kalbaryo is a place where residents of Barangay Poblacion practice “Pabasa” which commenced on Holy Wednesday evening with chanters alternately scheduling themselves until the Easter Sunday morning when the “Salubong” procession passes by. Holy Week, in the Christian church, the week between Palm Sunday and Easter, observed with special solemnity as a time of devotion to the Passion of Jesus Christ.)

***
Fun fact: She really did broke up with him and planned to go to Kalbaryo with her friends.

Chapter 115 is up!

Have a great day everyone and stays safe!

Make sure to VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!