Chapter 72

My senses were tingling, just seeing this girl in front of me with envious eyes and a very clear hostile expression in front of me I already knew she was trouble.

I don't like her, I just know from the bottom of my heart that I don't like this girl nor would want to have any amicable meeting with her.

"So you're his girlfriend?"

His? You mean Eric? Now I'm beginning to feel annoyed but decided to be calm yet the throbbing of my heart pierced my facade.

"His? Do I know you?"

I was suddenly called out here after class and I just had this idea in my head which I really wanted to be known as false but now facing her, I felt I was just fooling myself.

"Desirae, Eric's ex" her tone was bitter and although I tried to control my expression it still cracked.

"Oh, do you need something?" I was being polite with her but all along I really wanted tojust get her away from me and from Eric's sight.

"I just wanted to look at his new girlfriend" I get irked by her emphasis on the word new but still gave her a polite smile. "Just wanted to say some advice. Take care of Eric and don't let him get tired. He loves carbonara and he's the sweetest guy so you better hold on to him"

My hands were clenched tightly forming a first behind my back. I took a breath, I don't want to give her the upper hand and act like a jealous shrew because of her provocations.

"Thank you but no need, his girlfriend would naturally take care of him. Besides Eric and I have a great relationship now, I really don't need any advice from... you"

I didn't intend to hear her response and just left her standing there with her mouth wide open in shock. My friends were still there waiting for me since three of them were assigned for the cleaners.

"What happened?" Irish asked as she suddenly appeared by my side.

"Nothing, just a bit uncomfortable " I was aware that Irish saw right through my lie but she didn't ask me more.

She was well aware of the fact that I was furious. Gloomy face and a silent disposition was two signs that could be attributed to my welling up anger.

Even at home I find myself getting angry at my brothers for not closing the door shut and yelling at them angrily.

"What the? Why are you angry?!" Jonnel frowned with an unbelievable expression, as if he couldn't fathom the reason for my out burst.

"Because you didn't shut the door! I've told you so many times to shut it!"

"You're crazy, you have mesntruation today- Oomph!"

I threw the pillow at my face and he was soon enraged with me and started to grab his hair and he did the same.

"Jonnel! What are you doing with your sister?! Let go of her hair now!" It was our mother who shouted and he immeidalty let go of my hair.

It was like a birds nest and I didn't get to clean myself up when I and my brother was reprimanded by our mother.

"What are you two fighting about huh? Acting like children, there's the knife in the kitchen, you two fight yourself to death then!"

I was fully conscious of my anger that is still boiling in the depths of my body and can only close my door and lock myself to sleep. Even though I tried my best to remain unbothered but that was me lying to myself.

I hated that I was affected but then if I wasn't it means I had fallen out of affection to Eric. I just hated his past even though I knew I shouldn't, I just do.

Falling asleep was an ardous task today and it was even more so when I woke up in the morning facing his hesitant and worried eyes.

***
Chapter 72 is up!

Fun Fact: yep, I'm not sure if they met but she is really Eric's ex.

Have a great day everyone and stays safe!

Make sure to VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!