Chapter 70

The days trickled in like water, sometimes unhurried and at times rushing like a river, it was already December yet they could still feel the sweat rolling off their necks.

The school is now partaking in a mini-event that only the grade 11 students of madrigal can only participate in. It was time for the students to show their entrepreneurial side and present the products and food they have been researching and planning for in the last four months.

It was then at this time that I woke up at five, it was barely the time for our class and since there's an event that we students need to take part in, we have to wake up to set up our stalls and cook our food.

I was part of Michelle's group, she was our leader for our Entrep subject. She was a tall fair-skinned lady who has a strong personality and was a very active person in class and extracurricular activities.

I'm assigned to be the cashier and the rest were assigned to cook and to advertise our food, Mormon and our brand name is Mormon 5 from the Tagalog movie Moron five.

"Clyde, where's the plastic?"

"I need a knife!"

"Does anyone have a spare apron?"

We were rushing out of time and I could barely even feel my feet touching the ground. We just finished arranging our booth and plastered our brand name on the side.

"Change your clothes after coming inside okay?"

We are about to dress in a yellow shirt, there was a bit of a line before we could change our uniform and after that, we fled the scene and walk down till we reach the gymnasium. The rest of our classmates were there, I wander my eyes around and saw Jeline waving at me and soon sat beside them.

"Where's the attendance list?"

"Wait, I'll ask"

Soon the yellow paper that was crumpled in my lap had another name added to it. I gave it to our Vice President, Kaye, a very talented singer and a close friend of Michelle.

It didn't take long for the ceremony to end and we went on our way towards the school's court where several of our classmates finished arranging the booth.

Everywhere you look you could see a variety of booths ranging from food to handicrafts, some stalls were also arranged with a speaker to attract customers, the others have vibrant colors surrounding their tent, and some even dressed up.

It was like you've come to another world, a marketplace where everything you like and is curious about is here.

"The ceremony finished?" Michelle asked and we nodded. "Then let's cut these up and prepare ourselves" she then proceeds on her way after seeing our organized group.

"Ange, have you tasted Mormon yet?" Clyde asked, she was a lover of punk rock and is relatively silent but a great conversationist nonetheless.

"I haven't yet tried it" I remember, she was the one who proposed this kind of rice cake to us.

I smelled some food being fried and saw my friend Alex walking with Trishia and others with a plate of potatoes in their hand. The others have tusk- tusok, a street food that is composed of fishball, kikiam and kwek-kwek.

"Excuse me, coming through!"

"Can you back up a bit, thanks!"

Those are just some of the conversations I've heard, to be honest, it is a lot crowded in here, we're much thankful that we were on the edge of the school's court and not in the center or else we could even barely move.

"Hi, how much for this?" It was a customer, our first customer! Of course, we were excited and explained to her about our food and how delicious it is even though I haven't tested it yet and just heard about it from Clyde.

"It's ten pesos but it's enough to fill you up," I say and she immediately gave me her money after tasting it. We have a free taste on the corner and it surely adds up to its reputation.

When people see free taste, they would gather to that place and eventually buy some.

My feet were almost sore from standing for too long, it took us five hours for our food to clear out most of our main seller with a bit more of our gulaman. The others were still selling, the earlier animated ambiance dulled and after the bell rang the place became lively again.

Thankfully our products sell out in an hour and I could finally sit down. My friends were nowhere to be seen, some of them were still selling and the rest is out there.

"Here"

I looked up to see Eric, he gave me a glass of gulaman and also some fries along with turon. I thanked him and leaned on his back, I finally felt refreshed and breathed the fresh air.

I've been stuck there for a long time and my clothes must have the smell of various food but I didn't mind it anymore and just closed my eyes.

I didn't see the gentle smile that crept up on Eric's face and fell into slumber.

***
Chapter 70 is up!

Fun Fact: Yep, we did have an event in our subject entrep.

Have a great day everyone and stays safe!

Make sure to VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!