Chapter-1

1. When love Scares you

"I'm not coming" Shreya asserted and wiped the sweat bends using her shawl

"I'm not coming" Shreya asserted and wiped the sweat bends using her shawl. The broad sunlight shimmering with proudness, making people to hide from it. 

"Come on" Avantika groaned at her friend.

"I have to study, remember." Shreya said nervously looking around for her nightmare. She heaved a sigh when there were no sign of him.

"You are scared of him, aren't you?" Avantika asked shreya with worried expression. 

A defeated sigh left pass her lips and she spoke, "You know about my family, We are middle class. Him following behind me will put a nonsense to my studies and you know my family, they are narrow minded"

"I know but You know Avyan too, He is been following you for six months. He won't give up" Avantika mumbled while her foot impatiently waiting for the bus to come. 

"I can't do anything against him, He have money, power while look what I'm blessed with. I don't have anyone to share my fear, feelings" Shreya said while gulping the lump.

"Maybe At least try to tell your father because lately Avyan has been crossing his limits. Beating a boy to death just because he smiled at you" Avantika said. 

Shreya passed her a disapproving look , her face marred with dejection and spoke, "I'm scared of Avyan but I'm scared of my father too, he will stop my studies"

"Makes Sense" Avantika said lowly as she couldn't help her friend. 

"Don't worry, I will deal with it!" Shreya said with a forced smile. 

Avantika squeezed Shreya palm assuringly and shreya nodded her head while adjusting her bag strap. The bus they waited for arrived and they both ambled inside the bus.

────────────

" Shreya, Get me water" Kabir, Shreya father spoke.

Shreya passed him smile before nodding and stood up from couch. Walking to the kitchen, She fetched a glass of water and strode back to the hall.

" How's study going?" Kabir asked her after chugging the entire glass water.

Shreya smiled softly before she spoke, " Good".

" I don't know, but I'm not feeling Good. It would be better if we see better groom for her. My daughter Anaya will be happy atleast!" Shreya step mother spoke with venom laced voice.

Shreya quickly looked down as  tears prickled in her eyes. Her gaze fixed on the lap as she couldn't find courage to defend herself. If she spoke here, both her stepmother and Anaya will beat her to death in kabir absence. So She simply, just let the words hurt her heart.

" Don't differentiate" Kabir warned his second wife before standing up.

Lifting shreya chin, his gaze softened as tears rolled down her cheek. Wiping her tears, he shook his head and said, " Don't let her words in you, just concentrate on studies"

Shreya gulped the evoking pain as she stared into her father eyes and nodded her head.

" Look, how ugly she is, Go and bath" Her stepmother spat out while her eyes wandered up and down of Shreya body with disgust.

Shreya forced a smile before nodding her head and climbed up the stairs.

Taking t-shirt and track pant, she walked towards the bathroom. Stripping out of her dress, the lukewarm water  Cascade down her petite body, tears sprung out of her eyes as the abuse, Avyan disturbance everything making her life living hell.

Avyan being a tall and well built man, he easily scares Shreya. She was brought up like that. She couldn't be blamed though.

After she was done with her bathing, she dried her body and changed into the dress which hung on the towel ring.

Thanks to her father, if it wasn't him, she would have died long ago either by the fear of Avyan or fear of her step mother and step sister. He always made sure to vacant some time for her, as she never been out spoken girl.

Sighing, she was about to lay flat on the bed but the knock interrupted her action. Letting out a frustrated breath, She tiptoed to the door and twisted the knob.

" Do the cook, Your father have night shift!" Her step mother chided and pushed her out of the room .

Though shreya want to take rest, but she knew better than going against her stepmother words. Nodding, she descended down the stairs after pulling her hair into high pony tail.

Making Roti and dal, She carried the foods to dining hall and placed it on the table.

Anaya looked at the food disgustingly before harshly push it down making Shreya to flinch.

" How many times I told you not to do same food?" Anaya spat out venomously.

Tears rolled down shreya cheeks as the glass material Sliced through her sensitive skin.

" Answer me, Bitch!" Anaya shouted while Shreya hand Started Shivering as she felt violated both by physically and emotionally.

" I'm sorry, I knew Only this" Shreya mumbled while wiping her tears.

Anaya Scoffed before before throwing money at Shreya face and gritted out, " Go and Get Pizza for me!"

Shreya nodded her head fearfully and walked out of the house. Pizza shop is far away from her House but she doesn't have any choice. Hailing an auto, she instructed the driver. After forty five minutes, auto halted and she requested him to wait for minutes. Pushing the door open, she ordered the flavour which Anaya messaged. Good ten minutes later, she received what she had ordered and turned her back but collided with heavy chest. Without looking up she could say who it is.

" Avy- Avyan" Shreya stammered.