174

The next couple days were pretty much the same. We would hang out in our room for most of the day, then would leave for a little while to get some food. Sam, Kat, and Ki have visited us from time to time which I was grateful for.

"Did you maybe want to mix it up and get some breakfast today?" Colby asked as I yawned and stood up. "Yeah, we can do that. I might try to take a nap later, before I pass out." I said then went over to the suitcases.

"We should probably try to get some laundry done, too." I said with a sigh. then slipped on one of Colby's sweatshirts. "Eh, or we can just get more clothes. I don't want to leave Nova for too long." Colby said as I nodded. 

"So we pick more clothes, then breakfast." I said as he nodded. "Perfect." He said then grabbed Luna. 

We got ready then made our way out to the car. I had ordered the breakfast from a local diner so it would be ready by the time we were done getting our clothes. 

"Wow, I miss being home." I said with a sigh as Colby pulled into the driveway. "Yeah, I do too. As much as I love sharing a twin size bed with you, I can't wait to sleep in our bed." Colby said as I nodded.

"I feel the same way." I said then grabbed the door handle. "Stay here, I'll be back." I said then got out of the car and jogged towards the house. When I got inside I went upstairs and to our bedroom.

I went into the closet them grabbed a bunch of Colby's clothes, knowing that I was just going to be wearing his stuff. Once I was done packing our stuff I grabbed a bunch of clothes for Luna.

I wasn't looking forward to the amount of laundry I was going to have to do when all this craziness was over but that seemed like a problem for later.

Once I had everything packed in another bag I ran out to the car. "That was fast." Colby said as I giggled. "Mama don't mess around." I said then looked back at Luna. "Right, honey?" I asked as she giggled and kicked her legs out.

"She's so smart." I said as Colby started driving to the diner. "The smartest baby alive. Both her and Nova." He said as I smiled. "Yeah, I miss my little Nova bear." I said quietly and fidgeted with the bag in my lap. 

"I know, I hope we can see her today." Colby said as he took my hand. "I hope so. I'm never gonna let her go." I said and looked out the window. 

We drove for a little while before we got to the diner. "Okay, I'll be back again." I said the got out of the car. I heard Colby laugh as I closed the door and skipped into the restaurant. 

I quickly grabbed our order then went back out to the car. "This smells so good, dude." I said as I got back in the car. "Yeah, it smells better than hospital food that's for sure." Colby said as he started driving. 

When we got back to the hospital we went back up to our room. "I'm gonna feed this little bug before I eat." I said then pulled Luna into my arms, sitting down in the chair that was in the corner of the room. 

"You're such a good mom, V." Colby said as I smiled slightly. "I'm trying." I said with a yawn, feeling the exhaustion hit me more. I hadn't slept in two days which meant my limit was almost up.

"I think I'm gonna try and nap." I said quietly as I fed Luna. "Before eating?" Colby asked as he unpacked the food. "I don't know. I just don't want to pass out again." I said and laced my fingers through Luna's hair. 

"I don't want you to pass out either. I almost didn't catch you last time." He said as I breathed a laugh. "Yeah, I know. I'm sorry that I'm such an asshole about the whole sleeping thing." I said as he shook his head.

"You're not an asshole, V. You've been having a hard time and that's okay. I wish you would sleep like normal but I know you can't control it." Colby said as I nodded. "Thanks for understanding." I said with a small smile as Luna finished up.

"Alright, cutie. Let's burp you so you can nap." I said as Luna blinked at me sleepily. I quickly burped her then rocked her to sleep before walking over to the bed so I could eat. 

"How's the food?" I asked as I sat next to Colby on the bed. "It's really good. The pancakes are amazing." Colby and held his fork out to me with a piece of pancake on it. I grinned then ate the pancake he was offering me.

"Mmmmm, that's really fucking good." I said then opened my box of food. I ended up only eating half of my food before I was too exhausted to even stay awake anymore.

"You tired?" Colby asked as I put my box on the table next to me. "Yeah, can we cuddle?" I asked as he nodded and laid back in the bed. "Come here." He said as I smiled and crawled into his embrace.

The bed was pretty small so I had to lay on my side and drape my leg over his waist, but it was still surprisingly comfortable. "Thank you." I whispered as he scratched my back gently, trying to get me to relax enough to sleep. 

"For what?" He asked as I closed my eyes. "For everything." I said then sighed with content as my body drifted off to sleep.

I don't know how long I actually slept before I was being woken up. "Hmmm?" I groaned as Colby gently shook my shoulder. "V..." He said then shook my shoulder some more.

"I thought you wanted me to sleep." I mumbled as Colby breathed a laugh. "And I thought you wanted to see Nova." He retorted as my eyes flew open.

"What!? Where is she?" I asked as sat up, looking around. "Jesus, I've never seen you wake up so fast." Sam said causing me to look over at him. "When did you get here?" I asked as he chuckled.

"Like four hours ago. You've been knocked out and Colby and I had to do some work." He said as I nodded. "Cool. Now what about seeing Nova?" I asked and looked at Colby.

"Yeah, one of the nurses came in and said we could go see her. Luna has to stay here though because her immune system is weaker." Colby said as I gasped and jumped out of bed. "Let's go!" I said then took his hand and started rushing out of the room.

"Hold on, V." Colby said, pulling me back so I would stop walking. "No! No holding on! We have to see Nova!" I said as he chuckled and walked over to the chair in the corner of the room. 

"We need to put these on." He said then picked up two gowns, two pairs of gloves, and two masks. "I thought she wasn't contagious anymore." I said as he shook his head. "She still might be, so they want to protect Luna." He explained as I nodded and put the gear on.

Once everything was on I looked at Sam. "Will you watch Luna?" I asked as he nodded. "Of course." He said with a grin as I nodded and turned towards the door. 

"I'm not waiting for you, slow poke." I said as Colby laughed. "I'm right behind you." He said and followed me out of the room.

"You look cute all hazmatted up." Colby said as we walked down the hallway. "Now isn't the time to be flirting with me, Colby." I said with a grin as we walked towards the stairs. 

"I'm just being honest." He said with a shrug as I giggled. "You look cute, too." I said then reached for his hand. 

We walked down the hallway until we got to Nova's room. I felt my chest burst from excitement as the nurse opened the door for us. "Hi, Nova bear!" I said with a smile as I reached my arms out to her. 

Nova squealed with joy as the nurse laid her in my arms. "Did you miss mommy and daddy?" I asked and held her close, basking in this moment as best as I could. "We missed you, too." I whispered as my eyes welled with tears.

I knew in this moment that I didn't want to leave her ever again. 

I held Nova for a little while, just taking in the feeling of her snuggling into my chest. I could tell she was still feeling kind of ill because she wasn't as sassy as she usually was, but she was doing much better than before.

"Come here, pumpkin." Colby said as I laid her down in his arms. I watched as Nova cuddled into his chest, cooing loudly. "She missed you." I whispered as Colby's eyes scrunched, as if he was smiling.

It warmed my heart seeing their interaction and it made me feel so much joy to be able to be in the same room as Nova. I knew we weren't at the end of the road with this just yet, but I was just happy that she was doing better.

I was so proud of her.