3

"Hey, have you seen my phone?" Colby asked as I finished making myself some lunch. "Uhhh...I feel like I saw it in the bedroom." I said as he nodded then turned to go in that direction.

I sighed to myself then sat down at the island and took a bite of my sandwich as I scrolled through my phone.

Today Colby was going to get his suits fitted and I was going to go look at bridesmaids dresses for Kat, Ki, Devyn, and Tara. I was having a little bit of an urge to look for wedding dresses while we were there but I thought it would be better to wait until I was fully ready.

I was about halfway through my sandwich when there was a knock on the door. "Colby! I think Sam is here!" I yelled as I walked towards the front door.

"Can you get the door?" He called out from the bedroom. "On it!" I said then skipped over to open the door.

When I did this I was met by Colby's mom instead of Sam.

"What are you doing here?!" I asked with a smile as I opened my arms to hug her. "Colby called me and told me you might want some company while wedding planning." She said and gave me a hug.

"Mom!!" Colby yelled as he ran down the stairs. "Hi, sweetheart." Colby's mom said as he ran to hug her. "Thanks for coming." He said quietly then turned to grab her bag. "Let me bring you to the guest room." He said then led the way into the house.

Our house was big enough to house a couple of people but it was still really homie. Upstairs was Colby and I's room which had a huge bathroom attached to it. There was also a guest room and an office up there.

Downstairs was a giant kitchen which was attached to a living room. There was also a guest bedroom and bathroom downstairs. Outside was a pool and hot tub as well as a bar.

It was the perfect house for us.

Colby brought his mom to the guest bedroom downstairs as I closed the door and went back to the kitchen. I couldn't believe how sweet Colby was for calling his mom to come help me plan the wedding.

I knew she wasn't technically my mom but she had taken me in like I was family from the beginning. She was the closest thing I would ever get to having a mom be here for my dress shopping.

After a couple minutes Colby came into the kitchen. "You're the sweetest." I said quietly then walked over to kiss his cheek. "I thought she could help take some of the stress off of you." He said then wrapped his arms around me.

"Thank you, baby. This means so much to me, you have no idea." I said then leaned up to kiss him. "You're welcome, V." He said as Sam came into the kitchen.

"Hey, ready to go?" He asked as Colby nodded. "Yeah, I'll be back later tonight. I love you." Colby said then kissed me one more time. "I love you too, I'll see you later." I said then turned to Sam. "Send me pictures of the suits please." I said as he nodded. "You got it, V." He said with a smile then turned to leave the room.

"So, what can I help you with?" Colby's mom asked as I cleaned up the kitchen. "So many things..I have no idea what I'm doing." I said as she sat down. "Okay, well what do you have done so far?" She asked as I grabbed a glass of water for her.

"We have the venue, the date, the cake, Colby's suit and the groomsmen suits, the marriage licenses are set, and we picked out Colby's ring." I said and mentally went through my check list.

"That's not bad! You don't have a dress yet?" She asked as I shook my head. "It's been hard." I said and wiped the counter. "I know, sweetie. I can't even imagine how you're feeling about all of this." She said as my phone vibrated.