77

"Ki!" Shawn yelled happily as my smile widened. I felt Colby hugging me tighter as my eyes watered from happiness.

"Ki, sweetheart. Can you hear me?" Nancy asked as she paged the doctor. Ki looked around the room for a second before her eyes stopped on me.

I watched as her eyes darted down to my stomach then back to my face. "Bitch." She mumbled almost inaudibly.

"Yeah." I said with a watery laugh as she grinned slightly and blinked slowly.

"Welcome back, Ki." Colby said as he rested his cheek on my head. "Baby, I've missed you so much." Shawn said then leaned over and kissed her. 

Ki went to open her mouth but was too weak to say anything. "You don't have to say anything, but we're so glad you're awake." Sam said as Kat nodded. "We missed you." She said as the doctor came in.

"Hey, Ki. How are you feeling today?" He asked and went over to the bed as we all stepped back. Ki mumbled something that was almost inaudible as the doctor grabbed a glass of water for her.

"You're probably gonna have a little bit of a hard time talking for a while, but don't be discouraged. Do you know what happened to you?" He asked as she shook her head slightly.

"You were in an accident, we had to let you sleep for a little bit so you could recover." The doctor explained slowly as I turned and hugged Colby.

The doctor then some tests, making sure that everything was okay. Luckily everything was looking good, she would just need to stay here for a week to be monitored closely.

Ki was going to have to go through physical therapy to be able to get back on her feet but she was on the road for a perfect recovery.

Once the doctor left we all went back to where we were sitting before. It was so surreal knowing that she was awake so none of us really knew what to say.

"Bitch." Ki said again as I breathed a laugh. "I know." I said as she squinted and drank the water Shawn was offering her. "Why the fuck didn't you tell me you were pregnant?" She asked slowly and glared at me as Shawn, Kat, and Sam all looked at me with confusion.

"Oh! Well I was gonna tell everyone when we got back from our trip but someone had to get thrown off of a motorcycle." I teased as she breathed a laugh. "Bitch." She mumbled then let her hand flop to the side so I could take it.

"WAIT. You're pregnant!?" Kat asked as I breathed a laugh and stood up. "Suprise." I said then smoothed my crew neck down to show the bump I had.

"Holy shit!" Sam exclaimed as he stood up to hug me. "That's amazing! Congratulations!" He said then hugged Colby.

"Do you know what it is yet?! Oh my god I'm so excited." Kat said and hugged me then put her hand on the bump. "No, we'll find out in a couple weeks." I said with a grin then turned to Ki.

"Did you hear everything while you were in the coma?" I asked as she shrugged slightly. "Probably not. I don't remember much." She said as Shawn smoothed her hair down gently.

"That's bogus. I told you so many secrets." I said as she laughed. "Damn. I did get to hear Colby simping over me though." Ki said as I giggled and looked at Colby.

"I was not simping. I was worried." He said with a laugh. "Mhmm okay." She teased then leaned back in the bed some more.

"You should rest." I said as she rolled her eyes. "I'm rested. You should rest, Mrs. Incubator." She said as I breathed a laugh.

"Wait a damn minute. You haven't been eating or sleeping and you're pregnant! I'm gonna kill you!" Kat said as I laughed.

"I've been eating and sleeping a little, don't worry about me. Worry about this one." I said and jutted my head towards Ki. "M'fine." She mumbled as Shawn massaged her hand.

"You guys look like idiots though." She said as I scrunched my brow. "Face masks." Sam reminded as I gasped. "Ah, fuck!" I said then grabbed a towel and got it wet.

"Ohhh..." I said as I turned to Colby and tried to scrub it off his face. "Yeeeeah...we're gonna have to go to the bathroom to get this off." I said as he chuckled.

"No more comas." I said and pointed to Ki as she nodded slightly. "K." She said as Kat, Colby, and I left to go to the bathroom.

"I'm so happy she's awake!" I squeeled as we walked down the hallway. "Me too. I'm also happy that you're pregnant!" Kat said as I giggled.

"Yeah? I've been a mess." I said as we got to the bathrooms. "Do you need help, babe?" I asked and turned to Colby. "No, I think I got it." He said with a grin then went into the men's room.

"I wanna see your belly." Kat said as we walked into the women's room. "It's not too big yet, but the doctor says I'll really start popping in a few weeks." I explained and lifted my crewneck up so she could see the bump.

"Oh my god..who knows? Like who can't I celebrate with?" She asked as we started washing our faces. "You guys are the only ones in LA that know. We told Colby's parents." I explained as she nodded.

"When will you tell everyone else?" She asked as I scrubbed my face with the paper towel. "We were gonna have a dinner of some sort. I just wanted to tell Ki in case....well..you know." I said with a sigh.

"Understandable. I'm so glad she's okay." Kat said as we finished cleaning our faces off. "Me too...I was so scared we were gonna lose her." I said quietly then turned to leave the room.

"She wasn't going out without a fight." She said as I nodded in agreement and walked into the hallway.

"You god, you're so red. I'm sorry we forgot to take them off." I said to Colby as he laughed. "It's okay, V. There were more important things going on." He said then took my hand and walked towards Ki's room again.

When we got there Shawn and Sam were standing in the hallway. "Is everything okay?" I asked nervously as they turned to us. "Yeah, they're just doing some tests on her." Shawn said as I pursed my lips.

"I hope she's okay.  I know it looks good now but we all know how fast that can turn." I said quietly as Colby rubbed my hand with his thumb.

"Let's just keep positive vibes." Colby said as I nodded and chewed on my lip.

We waited out in the hallway before the doctors came out. "You guys can go in." The doctor said then gestured to the door. We all started to walk into the room when the doctor stopped me.

"We have to talk about some things." He said as I nodded. "I'll be right back." I said to Colby then let go of his hand.

"What's up?" I asked as he sighed and pulled out her chart. "So her brain has been through a lot...she's gonna have a bit of a harder time with recovery than we thought. Her memory may be spotty for a while." He explained as I nodded.

"This is going to be completely normal, but if it starts to get worse you need to contact me. Her motor functions seem to be okay, she may deal with muscle dystrophy because of being in the bed for so long, but with physical therapy she should be back on her feet soon." He said and smiled slightly.

"When will she start that?" I asked as he looked at his clipboard. "Tuesday." He said as I nodded. "Can I be with her for it? I know that's weird but like...I want to be here for it." I said as he breathed a laugh. "Yeah, you can be there." He said with a nod.

"Perfect. Anything else?" I asked as he shook his head. "She's a miracle. Truly the best outcome." He said as I smiled. "She's a tough one, that's for sure." I said with a laugh as I reached for the doorknob.

"Thanks for everything." I said with a smile as he nodded. "It's my job." He said as I nodded and walked into the room.

When I did this I took in my surroundings, really enjoying this moment of peace. Sam and Colby were talking about something as Kat sat on her phone. Shawn was sitting next to Ki, holding her hand and talking softly to her.

It made me so happy to see all of us here to support Ki through all of this.

I was just so happy that she woke up and was okay.