49

Colby's POV

I woke up to my phone ringing, causing me to groan. I rubbed my eyes then reached over to grab my phone.

"What Sam?" I groaned into the phone as Violet stirred in her sleep. "He's alive." Sam said as I laughed. "No shit. Why are you calling me?" I asked quietly so I wouldn't wake Violet.

"I'm on my way over. Kat and Ki are coming." He said as I looked at the time.

3:14pm

"Shit, okay." I said then got out of bed and walked towards the bathroom. "Have you went on social media yet?" Sam asked as I shut the door to the bathroom so I could put him on speaker phone.

"No, we got home and crashed. You're really kinda freaking me out about what's going on, you know that?" I asked as I put him on speaker phone so I could get ready to take my shower.

"Sorry, dude. Everything is mostly handled with that situation but I just don't want you or Violet to see it before we can talk to you guys." Sam explained as I scrunched my brow.

"See what?" I asked and turned the shower on. "I'll show you when I get there. We'll be there in fifteen." Sam said as I nodded. "Okay, I'll see you then." I said then hung up.

I quickly got into the shower and rushed through the process so I could get ready before they got here.

When I walked out into the bedroom Violet was still fast asleep so I quietly made my way out of the room so she could keep sleeping. 

When I got downstairs I heard a knock on the door, so I went over to answer it. "Hey, wow! You're burnt as hell." Sam said as he hugged me. "Wait until you see Violet." I said with a laugh as Ki perked up. 

"Where is she?! I miss her." She said as I laughed. "V's still sleeping." I said as Ki groaned. "Wake her up!" She said as we walked towards the living room. "Let the girl rest, Ki." I said with a laugh as we all sat down.

"I want to hear about your trip." Kat said with a smile as I breathed a laugh. "And I want to hear about the drama that's been going on." I said as she pursed her lips. "Or...we could talk about your trip." She said as Sam shook his head. 

"He needs to know what's going on. It's been killing me keeping it from him." He said as my heart started to race. I was starting to get really nervous now seeing how nervous Sam was. "Show me." I said as Sam nodded and took a deep breath.

He grabbed his phone then showed me his screen. I felt my heart drop when I saw the picture that was filling the screen. There was a picture of Violet, half asleep or drunk with a random guy on top of her, kissing her neck.

I felt a wave of anger hit me as my jaw clenched. I wasn't mad at Violet because I could tell she wasn't there at all, but I was mad at that guy for thinking he could touch my wife.

"Who posted it?" I asked angrily as Sam sighed. "Jordan." He said as I got up and paced the room angrily. "Before you get upset, we already got her to admit to doing it. She's getting sued for slander." Ki said as I shook my head. 

"That doesn't help! Someone assaulted Violet! That's not okay with me!" I hissed as anger boiled through my blood. "Colby...please calm down." Kat said as I shook my head. "I can't...do you realize how much this is going to freak her out?" I asked as I heard soft footsteps walk into the room.

"Freak who out?" Violet asked as I turned to her. I took a deep breath then walked over and pulled her into my embrace. "What's going on?" Violet asked as Sam, Kat, and Ki stood up. "How was your trip?" Ki asked as I let her go so she could hug all of them. "It was good....you guys are really scaring me." She said quietly as my heart broke in my chest.

"V, we have something we have to show you." I said quietly as she looked at me with confusion. "Is it about the drama?" She asked as I nodded. "Shit...Okay. Hit me with it." She said as Sam held up his phone to her.

I watched as the color drained from her face and the shine leave her eyes. "We've been working on getting a lawsuit against the person who posted it." Sam said as she stood up and started walking out of the room. 

"Violet..." I said as she ignored me and kept walking. "I'm going for a walk." She said quietly then continued walking. I got up to follow her but was stopped by Ki, "I got this." She said then jogged out of the room. 

"Have people been saying things about her?" I asked and scrubbed my face with my hands. "Yeah, it's been pretty bad." Sam said as I pulled my phone out. "Ki and I tweeted, explaining that Violet would never do that to you but people aren't listening." Kat said as I scrolled through twitter.

My heart was breaking seeing the things they were saying about Violet. It hurt to see that they were so quick to hate her even though she was clearly being taken advantage of. "What do I do?" I asked and looked up at Sam and Kat.

"Stand up for her. That's the only thing you can do at this point. Stacey is filing a lawsuit against Jordan for taking the picture and posting it to slander V." Sam explained as I nodded. "She just didn't need this. She was SO happy this passed week, and we come back to this? She doesn't deserve that." I said as they nodded.

"So you're not mad at her at all?" Kat asked as I shook my head. "Not at all. I just want to kill that guy." I said as anger flooded my system again. "We do too. I just hate that you guys can't catch a break." Kat said as I sighed. 

"Me too." I said as the front door opened and closed. I could hear Violet sniffling, which broke my heart. "I think you should address this before you go talk to her." Sam said quietly as I nodded and grabbed my phone. 

I went to my camera and started to record myself. 

"Hey guys, I know you have a picture of Violet going around the internet recently. I just want you to know that she would never cheat on me like that picture is accusing." I explained.

"That picture was taken on Halloween and we were both drunk as hell. A couple people took advantage of this and took pictures to taint our relationship." I explained as Kat went to the kitchen where Ki and Violet were. 

"I've seen what you guys have been saying about Violet because of that picture so this is the only time I will tell you to stop. If I see you talking about her negatively I will be blocking you." I explained as Sam nodded his head.

"Violet is my wife and I love her so much. I know who she is and I know she wouldn't cheat on me. This is the last time I will be talking about this, so once again unless you want to get blocked, please stop talking about her. Thanks guys." I said then stopped recording. 

"Too mean?" I asked as he shook his head. "No, I think it was perfect." He said as I nodded. "I'm gonna post it." I said then trimmed the video and went to tweet it. It made me upset that this was happening so close to out honeymoon.

Violet was so happy all week while people were saying horrible things about her online. It made me regret marrying her for just a second. Not because I didn't love her and want her to be my wife, because I never wanted her to be in the line of fire when it came to stuff online.

I never wanted her to lose the confidence that her mom instilled in her. It wasn't fair to her to be treated like that when I was the one that was in this career field. 

I just wanted her to be left alone. 

Once the tweet was uploaded I sighed then stood up so I could go check on Violet. I walked into the kitchen to see her with her head down as she added ingredients into a bowl. Ki and Kat were helping her by grabbing ingredients and equipment while trying to make her laugh but she was just so focused. 

It hurt to see her hurting like this when just 24 hours ago she was as happy as I've her seen her but I knew she was going to be okay because I was going to help her get through this.

We all would.