131

"Can we make cookies?" I asked as we walked back to the bedroom. "Are you up for that?" Colby asked as I shrugged.

"Won't know until I try." I said then led the way. "The girls are gonna wake up any minute though." I said with a sigh.

"We can wait and have them help if you want." Colby said as I nodded. "Yeah, can we cuddle for a little bit?" I asked as he chuckled.

"Yeah, I don't know if I'll be able to just keep it as a cuddle session, though." He said as I giggled.

"I unfortunately am in entirely too much pain to even think about having sex right now." I said with a sigh as we walked over to the bed.

"I'll get the Vicodin." Colby said as I breathed a laugh. "Nice try." I said then carefully crawled into the bed.

"Come here." Colby said as he pulled me into his embrace. "I missed this." I said quietly as I nuzzled into him.

"What do you mean?" He asked as he wrapped his arms around me. "I miss us just cuddling. I don't know, I just feel like life has been too serious lately." I said quietly as he rubbed my arm gently.

"Yeah, I guess since having the twins it's been hard. We really have had to grow up a little bit." He said as I frowned.

"Yeah, I wouldn't change anything though. I love our girls so fucking much." I said as he smiled and kissed my forehead.

"I do too. I would do anything for them." Colby said quietly as I looked up at him. "I know you would." I said then kissed his jawline. "They did really well on the trip I think." I said as I snuggled into him more.

"Yeah, they did better than I was expecting. I want to take them with me every time I have to leave." Colby said as I frowned. "When are you leaving again?" I asked, hoping it wouldn't be for a long time.

"I'm not sure. We are trying to figure out where we are going next." Colby said as I nodded. "I don't want you to leave me again." I said and looked up at him again.

"Then come with me." He said simply as I shook my head. "I can't leave the girls. Plus what happened with the cowboy still really creeps me out." I said and frowned.

"I get that. Do you think you would want to go to Ohio to try and contact your parents?" He asked as I shook my head.

"I don't know. The idea of it makes my heart ache, but I'm also really interested to see what would happen." I said and traced circles onto his chest.

"I get that. If you decide you want to do it though we can take the girls to my parent's house. They would love to have them." He said as I grinned.

"I'll think about it." I said as the girls started crying. "That's our cue." I said then went to get out of bed. "Ohhhh, fuck that hurt." I groaned as my body ached. "Maybe you should take some medicine.." Colby said quietly as I shook my head.

"I'll be okay. Just gotta get used to the new bandages." I said then started walking towards the nursery. When I walked into the room I looked down at the girls. "Hi my little sweeties!" I said with a smile as I walked to their cribs.

"Are we hungry?" I asked as Colby asked into the room. "I bet. Let's eat, then you guys can help daddy and I make cookies. Sound good?" I asked with a smile. as they fussed and looked up at me.

"Okay mommy, shut up and give us the tits, I get it." I mumbled then pulled them out of their cribs.

"You're literally so funny." Colby said as I chuckled. "I'm a dork." I said then sat down carefully in the rocking chair.

"Yeah, I am too though." He said as I chuckled. "Yeah, a little bit." I said then started feeding the girls. I leaned my head back as I tried to relax while the girls ate. It was honestly really rewarding knowing that I was to be able to still feed the girls even though I was severely injured.

I hated that I was in so much pain but it was worth it be able to feed the girls.

I quickly fed both girls then burped Luna as Colby burped Nova. Once they were burped we changed them then made our way downstairs.

"Are you gonna help mommy make cookies?" I asked Luna as I bounced her gently. I watched as she smiled at me with her deep brown eyes. "Yeah." I whispered then kissed her head.

"Do you think they're gonna keep their brown eyes or do you think they'll get your beautiful blue eyes?" I asked and started carefully pulling out the ingredients for cookies. "Hmmm, I think they'll get your brown eyes. I hope they get freckles like you." Colby said as he grabbed the mixer.

"Yeah, I just can't wait to see how they'll be." I said then kissed Luna's head again. "I think Luna's gonna be our sweet girl and Nova is gonna be our rebellious one." Colby said as I smiled and looked at Nova as she reached up and put her hand on Colby's chin.

"Yep, that's our sassy girl." I said as he grinned and took her hand and shaking it goofily. I could feel my heart bursting out of my chest as I looked at them.

I loved how great of a dad Colby was, he really took the role on so well and I would forever be grateful for that.

"Okay, girlies. Time for your first cooking lesson or I guess I should say baking lesson." I said and rocked Luna as she cooed up at me.

"When baking it's really important to measure your ingredients because unlike cooking its gotta be precise." I said then carefully started to measure out the margarine and brown sugar.

"Daddy has to help me by turning on the mixer though because I'm holding your cute butt." I said and tickled Luna's tummy causing her to smile and fuss with joy.

"You're so fucking adorable." Colby said as he turned the mixer on for me. "I love baking with my girls and you." I said as he breathed a laugh. "It's better than crisis baking." He said as I giggled. "That's what you think." I said then turned to measure out more ingredients.

We spent the next couple minutes making the dough before we put the girls in their swings so we could put the dough on pans.

"Vi, look at me." Colby said causing me to turn towards him. "Open up." He said and brought a ball of dough to my mouth. I smirked then opened my mouth so he feed me. "Mmmmm." I groaned then turned to the girls.

"Never eat raw dough, it can make you sick." I said as Colby chuckled. "Don't listen to her, girls." Colby said as I rolled my eyes playfully then took the spoon and scraped the sides of the bowl before putting it in my mouth.

"Mommy is allowed to eat it because she's in pain." I said then wiggled my hips and turned to start cleaning up. "I can clean up, V. You should go lay down." Colby said as I sighed. "Okay, but I'm bringing the girls with me. They need tummy time." I said then walked over to the girls.

"Okay, loves. Let's go get some tummy time in." I said then grabbed the girls and went into the living room.

When I got there I carefully laid the girls down on their bellies then sat in front of them. "Look at you guys." I said and frowned slightly as they cooed and looked up at me.

I thought it was crazy how fast they were growing up. They were already almost three months old which wasn't old at all but it was flying by so fast.

I tried not to think about the girls growing up. I was excited to get to know them but I was afraid of them getting older.

The world was just a really scary place.

I shook my head and focused on the sweet little babies in front of me. I just needed to soak in the moment now while I could.

I sat on the ground watching them for a little while before my phone buzzed next to me. I sighed then grabbed my phone seeing I had a one single message.

Jarrod: Violet, I'm so sorry. I know you probably hate me but I need to talk to you. Please answer.