142

I sat in the nursery holding the girls in my arms as I aimlessly rocked in the rocking chair. I was still a little tired from getting barely any sleep and the drugs were still coursing through my veins. 

I didn't know what Colby had planned for us for the day but I couldn't help but feel a little excited. 

Life has been so serious since I got hurt. I understood why but I just wanted to get back to life where I didn't have to worry about pain anymore. I wanted to be care free again.

I don't know how much time passed before Colby came into the room with a big bag. "Ready to go?" He asked as I scrunched my brow. "What's that?" I asked as he chuckled. "Don't worry about it. Ready?" He asked again as I stood up with the girls. 

"I guess so." I said then walked over to him. Colby grabbed the diaper bag then led the way out of the room. When we got out to the car we got the girls set up in their car seats. 

"Can I get a hint?" I asked as Colby opened the passengers door for me. "Nope. You're gonna love it though, I think." He said as I nodded and got in the car. I was already starting to feel the pain again but I knew I didn't want to take any more pills.

I wanted to just get back to normal. I was sick of being cooped up in our house, living in fear of the pain. 

It was getting old.

We ended up driving for probably around 30 minutes before Colby pulled into the parking lot of a park. "A park?" I asked and looked over at him.

"Yep." Colby said then parked the car. "Fun!" I said with a smile as Colby grinned at me. "I love that smile." He said as I sighed and looked down. "Which one? This one?" I asked and smiled the goofiest smile I could muster up.

"That's the one." He said then leaned over and kissed my cheek. "Come on, there's one more thing." Colby said then opened his door. I nodded then opened my door so I could get out of the car. 

Colby grabbed the big bag that he had as I pulled the girls out of their carseats and put them in the stroller. Once they were situated, Colby took my hand and started walking as I pushed the stroller.

"It's really nice out." I said with a smile as we walked down the walk way and towards a little pond. "Yeah, it's beautiful out here." He said then squeezed my hand. We walked along the pond for a little while before we reached a little patch of grass.

"I think we can set up here." Colby said as I cocked my head. "Set up what?" I asked as he grinned and shrugged. "I don't know." He said as I rolled my eyes playfully. 

I watched as Colby carefully opened the bag then fluffed out a big blanket. "Are we having a picnic?" I asked with a smile as he laid out two picnic sets. "Yep." Colby said with a smile then turned towards the stroller.

"Babe! I love this!" I said with a smile as we pulled the girls out. "Just wait until you see what food I got." Colby said as I sat down on the blanket, holding Nova in my lap. "Oooo, show me." I said with a smile as he sat down next to me, holding Luna in my lap.

"First up, we have sushi." Colby said as he pulled out two containers of sushi. "Oh my god, yum." I said with a smile and grabbed one of the containers. "Next, we have chicken teriyaki." He said and handed me a take out box. "When did you get all of this?" I asked with a laugh as he shrugged. 

"I postmated it." He said as I giggled. "A god send, truly." I said as he pulled out two more containers. "I also got chocolate cake." He said as I groaned. "That looks so good." I said and looked down at Nova.

"Doesn't it look good, Nova bear?" I asked and waved her arms around as she giggled. "Oh my god! Her first giggle!" I gasped as Colby smiled. "No fucking way! Do it again, monkey!" He said then booped her nose causing her to giggle. 

As soon as she did that Luna started giggling in Colby's lap. "Oh my god!" I gasped and brought one of my hands to my cheek. "Oh, they're so adorable." I said as my eyes watered. "Do you think your sissy is funny?" Colby asked as he bounced Luna causing her to giggle and look at him with shining eyes.

"I love them." I sniffled and hugged Nova, holding her close. "I do, too." Colby said then kissed Luna's head, snuggling her close. 

"Thank you for doing this." I said as we started eating. "You like it?" Colby asked as I nodded. "I love it. I don't know what I did to deserve this treatment." I said and took a bite of sushi. 

"You've been through a lot, V. I just missed that smile." He said as I sighed. "You've been through just as much. You have to deal with my annoying ass." I said as he shook his head. "You're not annoying, and I don't HAVE to deal with you. I WANT to deal with you." He said then nudged my shoulder with his.

"Wow, thank you." I said with a grin then scrunched my nose at him. "Plus, I'm not done with the surprises." He said as I cocked my head to the side. "What do you mean?" I asked as he breathed a laugh.

"If I told you then it wouldn't be a surprise." Colby teased as Nova reached up and grabbed my lip. "Nova, what are you doing?" I asked with a laugh and looked down at her. "I swear they're nature girls. We bring them outside and they become crazy." Colby said as Nova smiled and kicked her legs out.

"Especially this crazy girl. Luna is being pretty chill." I said and gestured to Luna, who was laying in Colby's lap, looking up at the sky. "Yeah, she just likes the clouds." Colby said and caressed her cheek causing her to smile and look up at him.

We sat there for a while, finishing up our dinner as we took in the nature around us. I didn't want to mention to Colby that I was in a lot of pain but my body was aching pretty bad.

I wanted to just enjoy as much time with my little family as I could without being drugs that clouded me. 

I wasn't going to let the pain stop me from doing that.

"Did you bring the stuff to make the formula?" I asked as Nova fussed in my arms. "Yeah, we should probably feed them, shouldn't we?" Colby asked with a laugh. "Absolutely." I said then grabbed the diaper bag.

It was so heavy though that I flinched from the pain it caused. "You okay?" Colby asked as I nodded. "I wish I could feed them myself...I feel so empty." I said as he grabbed the bag for me. "Wouldn't you feel full? Like full of milk?" He asked as I nodded.

"You got me there." I said then grabbed the formula out of the bag. I then grabbed two bottles and made the formula. "I know it's been hard for you." Colby said then took one of the bottles from me.

"I think I'm gonna shoot for being off the medicine by next week. Maybe even by this weekend." I said as he chuckled. "You don't really have a choice in that, V." He said as I sighed. "I know but I'm sick of it." I said and started feeding Nova. "I'm just gonna have to rest until I feel better. No more funny business." I said as he grinned at me. 

"I'm alright with that. I just have to edit the new video so we can have a chill week and a fun weekend when you're feeling better." Colby said as I nodded. "Sounds perfect." I said then looked down at Nova as I fed her. 

I meant it when I said I missed getting to feed the girls naturally. There was something so special about having those personal moments with them. I knew I would get to have that again soon but for now I was just sad.

We fed and burped the girls before we decided to pack up and just walk around the park. The girls were getting tired so we put them in the stroller and made our way to the pond. 

"How are you feeling?" Colby asked as we walked. "I'm in pain, but it's okay." I said as he frowned. "No, baby. It's not okay. We should go home so you can rest." He said quietly as I shook my head.

"Just ten more minutes...please." I said and pouted my lip out. "Okay. Ten more minutes." Colby said as I smiled and took his hand. I knew it probably wasn't the best idea to be testing my body like this but it's been a couple days since the surgery so I was stronger than I was.

I was stronger than I thought I was.

We walked around for another ten minutes before we decided to go back to the car. "Thanks again for setting this up." I said with a smile as Colby started driving us home. "You're welcome, baby. Are you still feeling okay?" He asked as I nodded. "Yeah, I feel okay." I said then took the hand he was offering me.

I knew that I was in a lot of pain but I wouldn't have traded my day for anything. I just loved hanging out with my little family.