50

My heart shattered as I looked at the picture that was on Sam's phone.

I suddenly felt so dirty knowing that someone was touching me without me knowing. I stood up then started making my way out of the room, since I didn't know what else I was supposed to do.

"Violet..." Colby said as I ignored him, leaving the room.

I felt the tears starting to form as I walked outside and down the driveway.

I felt sick to my stomach as I walked to the end of it.

"Violet!" Ki called out as she ran after me. "Hey....hey." Ki said and ran up to me, turning me around to face her. "I can't do this." I whispered as she pulled me into a hug. "Shhhh, I know this is hard, but we're getting justice for you and Colby." She said as I shook my head.

"He's gonna hate me. I cheated on him....I promised I would never do that and I-I did." I sobbed out as she hugged me. "Shhh you didn't. What they did to you and to Colby is so fucked up." She said as I shook my head. "Why can't people just let us be happy?" I asked as she shook her head.

"Because they are assholes. You and Colby deserve nothing but happiness and it's such bullshit that people are trying to rip you apart." She said as we walked down the driveway. "What are they saying about me?" I asked as she shook her head.

"Don't worry about it. Wanna tell me about your trip?" She asked as I shook my head. "I'm not in the mood." I said then twisted my ring nervously. "I'm gonna make a cake." I said then turned around to walk towards the house.

"Oh- okay." Ki said then followed me as I walked into the house. I silently walked to the kitchen and started pulling out ingredients. I could hear Ki asking me questions but I was too in the zone to know what she was saying.

I guess I was making a crisis cake today.

I don't know how long I was zoned out for before Colby was taking my hands. "Hey, let's walk away for a minute." He said as I slowly looked up at him. "I'm so sorry." I whispered as he shook his head. "Come on." He said then walked me out of the room.

He led the way out to the backyard so we could sit by the pool. "I'm so sorry, Colby...I don't even remember that night. I would ne-" I started as he cupped my cheek and kissed me. I melted against his lips for a second before pulling away.

"I know. I know you would never do anything like that to me." He said and brushed my hair behind my ear. "I'm so sorry that this is happening...I just don't want you to lose that spark you have in you." He said quietly as I twisted my ring nervously.

"What spark?" I asked and looked up at him. He smiled softly then caressed my cheek gently. "When I first met you I noticed that you had a certain type of confidence. I would compliment you and you would agree." He said with a little laugh.

"When I was worried you would leave me because of the hate you were getting online, you were confident. You told me you didn't care what they said about you because you knew you had my heart." He said and smiled softly at me.

"I remember a couple years ago you told me that your mom taught you to be your own biggest fan." He said and took my hands. "I don't want you to lose that part of yourself because of what I do for my career." He said as I nodded.

"I'm not worried about them or what they are saying. I'm worried that I hurt you. I'm worried that you'll want to leave me for letting someone else kiss me." I said as he shook his head. "V, I was never mad at you." He said with a sigh.

"I was mad, because someone thought that they could do that to you while you were drunk. I was mad that I wasn't sober enough to stop them. I know you would never do that to me, like I would never do that to you." He said as I nodded.

"I love you so much. I'm just so fucking sick of people trying to get between us. I thought that would go away with time but obviously not." I said with frustration. "I know. We just have to remember that they don't matter." He said as I nodded.

"They don't." I confirmed as he smiled slightly. "Exactly. Now, I don't want you to worry about this anymore. I took care of it, so we can go back to our happy married life." He said as I breathed a laugh.

"I have to finish my crisis cake." I said as he laughed. "I told you I wouldn't let you be in a crisis." He said as I sighed and stood up. "Thank you for everything." I said as he smiled. "I just want you to know that no matter what happens, we're gonna be okay." He said then grabbed my cheek and kissed me.

I kissed him back for a second, letting all of the stress from the situation leave my body.

When we pulled away he looked at me, examining my features for a second. "You're beautiful." He said as I nodded. "I know." I said then winked and turned back to the house.

When we walked inside we went to the kitchen where everyone was. "Everything okay?" Sam asked as I walked over to the bowl of cake batter. "Yeah, we're gonna be okay." I said with a small smile as I grabbed a cake pan so I could bake the crisis cake.

"Thank god, can we talk about the honeymoon now?" Ki asked as Colby grabbed us both some water. "Yes! It was so beautiful." I said then put the cake in the oven. "What was your favorite part?" Kat asked as I turned to start making some frosting. "Hmm...I think my favorite part was watching the stars from the roof, oh and the food." I said as everyone looked over at Colby.

"The sex." He said as Ki held her hand up to give him a high five. "Seriously? You went to Bora Bora and your favorite part was the sex?" Kat asked as Sam took a finger full of batter and ate it. "Yep. My second favorite part was swimming in the lagoon." He said with a smile.

"Wait, you swam with fish?" Sam asked as I nodded. "Yep, and I actually enjoyed it." I said as he reached his hand up to high five me. "Hell yeah, dude." He said with a grin as I smiled proudly.

We spent the next couple hours talking about our whole trip while I finished my crisis cake. Sam, Kat, and Ki eventually went home so we could get settled back into being at home.

"Did you want to cook something?" Colby asked as I sat down on the couch next to him. "I'm too tired to cook tonight." I said as he chuckled. "You're tired?" He asked as I shrugged. "Yeah, I'm not used to traveling." I said and leaned my head on his chest.

"I guess that's true. Did you want to get a pizza?" He asked as I sighed. "Pizza sounds good." I said with a yawn as he put something on the TV. "Are you gonna be awake enough to go to work tomorrow?" He asked as I laughed.

"Yeah, I should be good by tomorrow. I'll stop and get groceries on the way home so I can cook something too." I said as he ordered the pizza. "Are you excited to go back to work?" He asked quietly.

"A little bit! I really like my job." I said with a smile as I looked up at him. "I know you do, baby. I'm glad you have a job that you love." He said then kissed my forehead. "I'm just glad I don't have to work two jobs anymore. THAT sucked." I said as I took his hand and twisted his wedding band.

"I can't even imagine. You know you don't even have to work one job anymore. I can take care of you." He said as I breathed a laugh. "I am a strong independent woman who can take care of myself, thank you very much." I said as he grinned. "That's my girl." He said then tightened his grip on me.

We ended up spending the rest of the night eating and unwinding from our trip. I fell asleep super early though which I guess was good because I had to work in the morning but we didn't even touch our bags from the trip.

I was still a little sad about the trip being over so I probably wouldn't unpack the bag for a couple days. I was however a little excited to get back to work since I did actually miss working.

I honestly just missed having a purpose.