105

I woke up a couple hours later to someone shaking my arm. "Hmm?" I asked as I turned to the person that was standing by the bed. 

"I'm so sorry...Nova won't stop crying and nothing is soothing her." Sam whispered as I nodded and rolled out of bed, careful to not wake Colby. 

"I'm so sorry." Sam repeated as I shook my head. "Don't worry about it. She's a sassy girl." I said as we walked down the living room. 

I could hear Nova crying which broke my heart. I knew that babies were supposed to cry since it was the only way for them to communicate but seeing my girls sad made me sad.

"What's wrong, honey bun?" I asked and pulled Nova into my arms as Ki frowned at me. "We're so sorry." She said as Nova stopped crying and snuggled into me. "That's all she wanted?" Kat asked as she rocked Luna back and forth. "She's needy." I said with a sigh then bounced Nova. 

"Did you want to cook with mommy?" I asked as she grinned up at me. "You don't want to try and go back to sleep?" Sam asked as I shook my head. "I'm already up, plus I should probably start making dinner." I said with a smile then went to the kitchen. 

As I walked away I heard Luna start to fuss. "Come on, angel. Come cook with mommy." I said as Sam, Kat, and Ki followed me into the kitchen. "I think she wants you to hold her." Kat said as I laughed. 

"Not surprised. Come here, bug." I said then positioned Nova in my left arm. Kat laid Luna in my right arm then breathed a laugh. "I don't know how you're gonna cook." She said as I shrugged. "I'm gonna hold them until they forget that they want me." I said then rocked back and forth.

I held them for a minute before I handed them off to Sam and Ki. 

"Okay, let's get cooking." I said then clapped my hands together. I started with making the bread so we could make garlic bread. As I pulled the ingredients out I found my heart fluttering.

It had been so long since I've been able to really cook. I had tried a couple of times at the end of the pregnancy to cook but was to exhausted to really get into it.

I was exhausted right now and was in pain but I had missed cooking so much that I didn't even care.

I spent the next hour or so making the bread and pasta for spaghetti. I had to stop a couple times to soothe the babies but I was able to get everything done eventually.

I was about to start the sauce when Colby came into the kitchen. "Hey, sleepy." I said as he came over to kiss me. "Hey, I'm surprised you're awake." He said then grabbed Luna from Sam. "I've been awake." I said with a shrug then went to open the canned tomatoes.

"V, we were supposed to be resting." Colby said as he rocked Luna. "It's not my fault miss sassy pants needed me to hold her." I said with a laugh and gestured to Nova. "How long did you sleep?" He asked as I shrugged. 

"I don't know, how long did I sleep?" I asked Sam as Nova fussed in Ki's arms. "Like an hour and a half." Sam said as I nodded. "Nice." I said then turned to walk over to Nova. "Are you hungry?" I asked as she looked up at me. 

"It's about time to eat, so I wouldn't be surprised." I said with a sigh then looked over at Colby. "Wanna come with me to feed them?" I asked as he nodded. "Yeah." He said then kissed Luna's head and stood up so he could follow me upstairs.

When we got upstairs I sat in the rocking chair and got Nova situated. "You look exhausted, V." Colby said as he carefully laid Luna in my arms. "I'm fine. I've functioned off of less sleep before." I said with a smile as the girls ate.

"I know, but I'm worried about you...you went through something very traumatic not even two weeks ago. You need to be resting." Colby said quietly as I sighed. "I can't help it that the girls aren't adjusting well." I said quietly.