91

"Everything is looking good." Amy said as she checked out the girls on the ultrasound.

Today, Colby and I were at the 30 week appointment for the girls. It was all getting so real that in less than 10 weeks we were going to have two babies to take care of.

"That's good." I said quietly as Colby squeezed my hand. "You seem scared." Amy said as I nodded. "I am." I said and chewed my lip, looking down at my massive stomach.

"I know it seems scary, but you're going to be a rockstar. We have everything set and ready to go for when those girls make their grand entrance." Amy said as I nodded.

"I guess I just don't feel ready." I said as Colby leaned over and kissed my head. "Have you got to your class yet? I really think going will be helpful." Amy said as I nodded.

"We're going after this appointment." I said as she nodded. "I think that will really help ease your mind." She said with a small smile.

"I think so, too. I know Colby is excited to go." I said and looked up at Colby. "I just want to be able to help. I feel like I've been so useless." He said and squeezed my hand as Amy cleaned my belly up.

"Being moral support is sometimes more helpful than physical help." Amy explained as I nodded.

"He's just being hard on himself. He's been nothing but amazing through all of this." I said with a smile. "I can tell. Keep doing what you're doing, the babies are healthy." Amy said as I nodded.

"How likely is it that I explode?" I asked as Colby helped me sit up. "Uhhhh, very unlikely. You may feel like you're going to though." Amy said as I stood up. "I do. I really do." I said then sighed and rubbed my belly.

"Just try to take it easy. We need those girls to stay in there for at least 6 more weeks." Amy said as I nodded. "I sleep most of the day at this point." I said and took Colby's hand. "Good. Stay that way." She said with a laugh as we walked to the waiting area.

"You got it." I said with a smile then looked at Colby. "Ready to learn some shit?" I asked as he nodded. "Ready." He said as we made our way to the car.

"Bro, I feel like I'm gonna fall apart." I said as one of the babies kicked me. "Oof- feel this." I said then brought Colby's hand to the part of my stomach that was being kicked.

"Holy shit. They are kicking the shit out of you." He said as I nodded. "It's like that all the damn time now. It's like they hate me." I said with a laugh

"They love you so much. They're just cramped in there." Colby said then opened my door for me. "Right, my organs are taking up too much room." I said as he laughed and helped me get in the car. "So unfair." He said then closed my door.

When Colby got back in the car we made our way to the class we were taking. Colby and I literally had no idea what we were doing so we needed some help.

We were going to learn things like how to make a schedule for the babies, how to change a diaper, and Colby was going to learn how to help coach me through the birth process.

After about 10 minutes of driving we were there, which was good because I had to pee. "I have to pee." I said as Colby helped me get out of the car. "I'm not surprised. I'll get us checked in, you can go pee." He said as I nodded.

"Good plan." I said as we made our way inside. When we walked through the doors I walked to the bathroom while Colby went to the front desk. I quickly did my business then made my way out to Colby.

"Ready?" He asked as I shook my head. "I want a nap, but let's do this." I said with a laugh and went into the room we were supposed to be in.

It was an open space with a bunch of yoga mats and exercise balls. There were pregnant people at each station along with a partner. There were a couple instructors in the front of the room who were getting things set up.

"This is a lot." I said as Colby took my hand and led me to one of the yoga mats. "Yeah, they said we are going to start in a couple minutes." He said as I nodded. "Good, I think I'll have to pee again. Nova and Luna are seriously kicking my ass today." I said as he laughed.

"Okay! We're gonna get started." One of the instructors said and clapped her hands. "Hi moms! My name is Stacey, and this is Rebecca. We are both midwives who have help hundreds of expecting mothers just like you." Stacey said as I rubbed my belly.

"We're exciting to show you ropes to motherhood! It's gonna be fun." Rebecca said and smiled at all of us.

"Let's get started! We're gonna start with the actual birth. I know you all must be a little nervous, and that's totally normal. We're going to give you some tips to help the birthing process go as smoothly as possible." Stacey said with a smile.

"Let's start by looking at our partner, and just breathing." Rebecca said as I turned to Colby. I locked eyes with him then started taking a deep breath. I could see his lip quivering as he tried to hold back a laugh.

"Breathe with your partner, feeeeel their energy." Stacey said as I held back a laugh myself.

Colby and I were just not serious people so having to pretend like we could feel each others energy was making us laugh like children.

We ended up pulling ourselves together enough to get through the class. It was actually really educational and helpful if you got passed the corniness of it all.

We learned how to change a diaper and got tips on how to get a baby on a schedule.

It was obviously going to be a little different for me because I was having twins but it was still good to be prepared a little bit.

When the class was done, we made our way home. We stopped and got food on the way back because I was absolutely starving. "Can you rub my feet later?" I asked as we walked inside. "Of course, baby. Are they hurting really bad?" He asked as I nodded.

"So bad, I don't even think they are feet anymore." I said then walked to the living room. "I can confirm that they are feet." He said with a laugh. "It's not like I can fucking see them." I said then groaned and sat down.

We sat and ate our food for a while before I started dosing off. "You can take a nap, baby." Colby said as I shook my head. "I'm gonna wait until tonight." I said then opened my eyes as he pulled my legs into his lap.

"I think I want ice cream." I said as he rubbed my feet and legs. "We have ice cream in the freezer but did you want a different kind?" He asked as I nodded. "I want shitty soft serve with Oreos in it. OH! And sprinkles." I said as he nodded.

"Say less." He said then pulled his phone out and started ordering the ice cream for me. "You're really the best, did you know that?" I asked as I held my hands out so he could help me sit up.

"And you're amazing." Colby said quietly then wrapped his arm around me and rested his other hand on my belly. "I'm trying." I said with a sigh as the girls shifted in my stomach. "You're doing great. I'm so proud of you." He said then kissed my head.

"I'm proud of you, too." I said and leaned my head onto his chest as he rubbed his hand along my belly. "I haven't done shit." He said as I rolled my eyes. "You are always here for me. Like I literally just said I wanted a specific kind of ice cream and you got it for me." I said quietly.

"I just want you to be happy and comfortable." He said as I nodded. "I'm grateful for you." I said with a yawn then closed my eyes. "I love you, V." Colby said then kissed my head. "I love you too, Colby." I said and melted into him.

We spent the rest of the night relaxing since that was basically all I could do. It honestly felt kinda good to be able to slow down for a while, but I had to admit that I really missed adventuring.

It made me sad knowing it would be a long time before I would get to adventure again. It made me scared that I would never be able to do it again.

I was so happy that Colby and I were having kids and starting the new chapter of our lives but I was also sad.

I was sad and scared that we wouldn't be able to be careless and free again.