100

I looked around the room I was in, feeling like I was floating. I wasn't in the hospital anymore though. Instead I was in my childhood home.

"Hello?" I called out as I floated through the house.

I drifted around for a while before I heard a baby crying in my old bedroom. I scrunched my brow then floated into the room to see my mom and dad holding two babies.

"Mom? Dad?" I asked as they looked up at me. "Hi, sweetie." Mom said as I felt my heart break. "Are those my girls?" I asked as they smiled and looked down at the babies in their arms.

"Yeah, they're beautiful." Mom said as dad looked up at me. "We're so proud of you, bunny." He said as my jaw quivered.

"Are they dead?" I whispered as they smiled sympathetically but didn't answer. "Am I dead?" I asked as I looked down at my stomach. I wasn't pregnant anymore but there was blood splattered all over my front.

"Don't worry about anything." Dad said as the babies disappeared from their arms. "Where did they go?" I asked with a frown. "Come here." Mom said and opened her arms. I walked up to her and opened my arms.

I wrapped my arms around her, holding her tightly. This hug felt warmer than any other hug I had gotten from her.

It felt like resurfacing after being trapped underwater for a long time. "I love you." I whispered as she scratched my back.

"I love you too, sweetheart. I'm so proud of you." Mom said quietly before she kissed my cheek and turned me to my dad.

"Hi, bunny." He said then hugged me tightly. "I love you, daddy." I whispered as he held me tightly. "I love you, too." He said then kissed my head and pulled away.

"Don't forget how proud of you we are." Dad said as I nodded and wiped my cheeks. "I won't." I said as mom grabbed my shoulders and turned me around.

I couldn't understand what was happening until I felt the pain.

I was being pulled through a bright light as my insides burned intensely. It felt like all of my limbs were being ripped off as the loud sound of beeping filled my ears.

I cracked my eyes open, feeling extremely weak. I looked around the empty room, feeling my heart break slightly. I was hoping I would see the girls in here, so I would know they were okay.

I lifted my hand slightly so I could touch the call button. I was so weak and I could barely move because of how much pain I was in.

"You're awake!" Amy said as I nodded slightly. "How are you feeling?" She asked and checked my vitals. "Ow." I whispered as she frowned. "I know. You went through some trauma, but you're strong." She said as I shook my head.

"Where are the girls?" I whispered as she smiled sympathetically. "They're in the NICU. Don't worry though, Colby hasn't left them for even a second." She said as I frowned. "Are they okay?" I asked as she nodded.

"Yeah. They both are very small. Nova is 4 pounds even and is 15 inches long. Luna is 3 pounds 10 ounces and is 14 and a half inches long. They both have been struggling with their temperature but they've been doing nicely in the incubators." She explained as I nodded slightly.

"I wanna see them." I whispered as she smiled sympathetically. "Soon. I paged the NICU nurses so they can send Colby in here with you. I wanted you to be able to rest without risk of waking up from the noise of visitors." She said as I frowned.

"What happened to me exactly?" I asked with a frown as I looked down at my hands.

"You started bleeding out because your uterus wasn't contracting enough during labor. It's called hemorrhaging. Your heart stopped from the shock, but we brought you back to us." She explained as I closed my eyes against the pain.