114

"Babe! Did you set up the car seats already?!" I called out as I packed the girl's stuff up for our trip. Today we were leaving for Colorado.

The girls were now almost two months so we made sure they would be okay to travel. We got them vaccinated and approved by the doctor verifying that they were actually ready to go.

I was still really nervous about bringing them.

"Yeah, they're in the RV. Are you almost ready?" Colby asked as he came into the nursery. "Yeah, just gotta pack a million diapers." I said as he walked over and started tickling the girls tummies.

"Take a deep breath, V." Colby said as he looked over at me. "I'm fine." I said then turned to finish packing the bags.

"I know you're fine, but I also know how stressed out you get." He said as I shrugged. "I just have to be mom right now and make sure we don't forget anything." I said and huffed out a breath.

"We won't forget anything but if we do we can always stop at the store." Colby said and came over to me, grabbing my hands so I couldn't pack anymore.

"Okay." I breathed out then looked at him. He smiled at me for a second before pushing my hair from my face. "You're beautiful." He said as I smiled. "I know." I said then turned towards the girls.

"We should probably get going soon, right?" I asked as he nodded. "Yeah, Sam, Kat, and Ki are gonna be here any minute." Colby said as I nodded.

"I'm gonna finish packing, can you take the girls downstairs?" I asked as he smirked at me. "You got it." He said then turned to grab the girls so he could put them in their car seats.

I finished packing their bags and he brought the girls downstairs. I double checked to make sure I had everything before going downstairs.

"There she is." Ki said as I smiled and waved. "I'm here." I said with a grin. "You're looking great!" Kat said with a wide smile as I laughed.

"Thank you. I've been slowly shrinking." I said with a laugh. "Are we ready to hit the road?" Sam asked as he opened the front door.

"Yep, is Colby setting the girls up?" I asked as we made our way towards the front door. "Yeah, They're already strapped in. Colby is sitting with them." He said as I nodded. "Perfect." I said then hiked the girls' bag onto my shoulder.

When we walked out to the RV I felt a rush of excitement course through my veins. I was so happy to finally be able to get to go on another adventure.

I was nervous to bring the girls with us but Colby was doing a good job at reassuring me that everything would be okay.

"Nobody better shit in that toilet." Ki said and pointed to the bathroom that was connected to the main part of the RV.  "I agree. Nobody is stinking it up." Kat said as I walked over to the little bench that the girls were strapped into.

"Hi, my honeys! Are we excited?" I asked and tickled their tummies causing them to giggle. "They're so cute." Colby said as he wrapped his arms around me. "Yeah, we did good." I said as he kissed my cheek.

"No PDA either." Ki teased as I shook my head. "No promises." I said then sat across from the girls, then put my seatbelt on. "Here we gooooo!" Sam said as he sat in the driver's seat.

I was happy that Sam was going to drive for a while because I wanted Colby back here with me in case the girls got fussy.

"So are you going to see any of your old friends while we are there?" Ki asked as I shrugged. "I have no idea if I'll even have time." I said with a sigh as Luna started fussing. "Okay..come here." I said quietly as I stood up so I could pull her into my arms.

"We were thinking about bringing the girls to V's favorite restaurant." Colby explained as Luna nuzzled into me.

"Oooooo that sounds fun." Kat said as I nodded. "You guys can come. My friend owns it and I want him to meet the girls." I said and smoothed Luna's hair down as Colby grabbed Nova.

"That Jarrod dude?" Ki asked as I shook my head. "No, Chad. I think you met him." I said as she nodded. "Oh! The gay one. I remember him!" She said as Colby snuggled Nova.

"Yeah, Jarrod might be there but I'm not looking forward to seeing him." I said with a sigh. "He gave off weird vibes." Ki said as Colby scoffed. "I hate him." He said as I chuckled and looked over at him.

"You have to behave. No public scene." I said as he nodded. "I'll behave but if he says anything slightly bad to you I won't be able to hold back." He said as I reached over and put my hand on his lap.

"It'll be okay." I said then brought my hand to Nova's head and ran my fingers through her hair.

The first few hours of the trip were highly uneventful. The girls slept in Colby and I's arms until about hour 4 when they woke up fussing.

"Wow, they're fucking loud." Ki said as I stood up and bounced Luna in my arms. "Yeah, they've got lungs of steal." I said with a laugh as Colby grabbed the blanket from the diaper bag so I could feed the girls.

"Come here, love." I said to Nova as Colby laid her in my arms. "Cow Violet activated." Ki said with a laugh.

"Shut up." I said with a laugh as the girl started to eat. "I think it's cute that they depend on her like that, I'm sure it's a special feeling." Kat gushed as Colby grabbed a towel so he could get ready to burp the girls.

"It really is. It's not like anything I've ever done before." I said with a smile and looked down at the two girls in my arms.

I was beyond proud of Colby and I for easing into parenthood so easily. I thought it was definitely going to be more difficult but we were making it happen.

As soon as the girls were done eating, I handed Luna off to Colby so I could burp Nova.

"Are you guys hungry?" Sam asked as I nodded. "I'm starving." I said and looked over at Colby, what about you?" I asked as he nodded.

"Yeah, I think Sam and I will switch off so he can have a break from driving." Colby said as I nodded. "The girls can have some auntie cuddle time while I try to sleep." I said and looked over at Kat and Ki.

"Oh my god, please." Kat begged as Noca fussed in my arms. "Shhh, I know you're uncomfortable." I said and patted her back, rocking back and forth.

I continued trying to burp Nova as Sam pulled into a McDonald's parking lot. "Come on, sweetheart." I whispered and patted Nova's back until she finally burped.

"Good girl." I said and looked at Colby. "Success?" I asked as he grinned and nodded. "Success." He said then came over and kissed my cheek.

We went inside and got our food then filed back into the RV.

"How far away are we?" I asked as I strapped the girls in their car seats. "Uhhh...like 12 hours." Sam said as I groaned. "That's bogus." I said then sat down and pulled my food out.

"You should get the girls some onesies that say bogus on them." Kat said as I giggled, that's not a horrible idea." I said then took a bite of my burger.

After I finished eating I decided to go into the back of the RV where there was a small bed so I could catch up on some sleep.

I was proud of the girls for sticking to a pretty consistent sleep schedule but I still had to wake up multiple times a night to feed them so I was constantly exhausted.

I was really starting to get excited to go back to Colorado. I knew it was going to be really different, but it had been so long since I've been here.

I was also getting really excited to ghost hunt again. I was scared to be away from the girls for the first time since they were born. I trusted Ki and Kat, but I was scared something would happen to them.

It had been such a long time since I had been ghost hunting that I was scared for myself.

I was scared something was going to happen to me.