47

Colby and I woke up super early the next morning to go to the cruise that we had signed up for.

I was really excited to be able to explore more of the island today but the sadness started creeping in, knowing that our trip was almost over.

My heart filled with dread as we drove to where the cruise was going to start. I wanted to just be happy and soak in the moment but I seriously didn't want this trip to be over.

"What's on your mind, V." Colby asked, breaking me from my thoughts. "I don't want this to be over." I said with a sigh.

"Me neither. I wish we could just pause time and stay here forever." He said and took my hand. "I just don't want to go back to LA right now, especially when I know there's drama around every corner." I said with a frown.

"Hey, let's not worry about that right now. Let's just enjoy today while we still can." Colby said I nodded. "Sounds good." I said with a small smile as the taxi driver stopped at the building we needed to be at.

We got out then made our way inside so we could get checked in. We were here so early that the sun was just barely peaking out of the horizon.

"Is this an all day thing?" I asked as we went to sit down in the little waiting area that everyone else was in. "No, it's only a couple of hours long." Colby explained as I leaned my head on his shoulder and yawned.

"Sounds fun." I said then closed my eyes for a minute. I thought I was going to fall asleep but didn't have a chance since the captain of the ship came out and told us we could board.

When we got outside we got onto the little cruise ship. It wasn't big at all since there were only 6 people plus the captain and tour guide on board.

"Are you excited?" I asked as Colby and I sat down on one of the benches. "Yeah, we are kinda dumb though." He said as I scrunched my brow. "What? Why?" I asked  as he breathed a laugh.

"We forgot sunscreen." He said as I giggled. "We're gonna be crispy." I said as the captain came on board.

"Are we ready to set sail?" He asked with a smile as we all nodded and cheered in agreement. "Great! We'll set sail in a few minutes." He said then went into the room in the front of the ship.

We sat there for a little while before we started sailing into the ocean. As we made our way away from the shore a man with long blonde hair stood up.

"Hey, guys! I'm Jeff, I'm going to be your guide on this tour today. How are we doing?"Jeff asked as everyone mumbled their responses. "Yeah, I know it's pretty early, but we are gonna have some fun!" He said as Colby wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"To your left is one of Bora Bora's most iconic restaurants, Bloody Mary's. It's a bit on the pricey side but it is well worth it" Jeff said as I looked up at Colby. "Would going there trigger you?" I asked as he breathed a laugh. "Shut up." He said as I focused on Jeff again.

I was mostly paying attention to what he was saying but I was starting to feel really nauseous. It was more than likely because of the choppiness of the waves but I felt like I was going to throw up.

I let out a deep breath as I tried to focus on not embarrassing myself in front of everyone. "V, are you okay?" Colby mumbled as I looked up at him. "Oh, god." He said then turned me towards the water as I started to throw up.

Colby held my hair back as I gagged. Jeff walked over to us with a little towel and a stick of gum as I tried to catch my breath. "I'm so sorry." I mumbled as I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand.

"Hey, don't worry about it. It happens all the time, plus you gave the fish a little snack." Jeff said then handed me the towel and gum then walked away.

"I hate fish." I grumbled and popped the gum in my mouth as Colby laughed. "I know, babe." He said as I wiped my mouth with the towel. "Are you feeling a little better?" Colby asked as I leaned my head on his shoulder. "Mhmm." I said then focused on what Jeff was saying again.

We spent the next couple hours going around the island as Jeff explained the history behind the different places along the shore. It was really nice to get to learn about the place we were at.

Apparently the entire island was formed from volcanos erupting over 7 million years ago which was really fucking cool.

When we got back to the dock we started at, we got off of the boat. "Did you enjoy the tour?" Colby asked as he took my hand.

"Yeah, that was really interesting. I could have done without the puke, but I really enjoyed it!" I said with a smile. "Me too, are you still feeling okay?" He asked as I nodded.

"I think so." I said as we walked towards the little town. "Maybe I'll just get a smoothie so my stomach can settle." I said with a smile. "Sounds good. What else did you want to do today?" He asked as we walked to the smoothie stand.

"Hmmm, I think we should go in the ocean." I said as he chuckled. "You'd be okay with swimming with fish?" He asked as I giggled. "I snorkeled with them the other day! I've been working on that irrational fear, thank you very much." I said and scrunched my nose at him. "Then into the ocean we go." He said with a grin.

We ordered our smoothies then went back to the bungalow so we could get changed and put some sunscreen on.

"Have I ever mentioned how much I love your freckles." Colby asked as I smeared sunscreen on his cheeks.

"Probably at some point, are they extra freckly or something?" I asked with a laugh. "Yeah, I think the sun brings them out." He said as I smiled. "My mom used to call them angel kisses." I said as Colby sun screened my cheeks.

"That's adorable." He said as I nodded. "Yeah, I came home from school all upset because some boy made fun of them and she told me that I should be proud of them because they were kisses from angels. I've loved them ever since." I said with a smile.

"Well that kid was a douchebag, they're gorgeous." He said as I laughed. "He was like 10, Colby." I said then closed the sunscreen and put it in my bag. "Ready?" I asked as he grinned. "Let's go." He said then took my hand and led the way out of the bungalow.

There was a beautiful beach just down the road so we walked down there in less than ten minutes. We set our stuff out on the sand then made our way into the water. "Oh! It's so warm!" I exclaimed as we walked into the water. "Yeah, it's all the fish pee." Colby teased as I rolled my eyes.

"You're such an ass." I said with a laugh as he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me into him. "Sorry, the fish fear is just too easy to make fun of." He said as I rolled my eyes. "I should never told you about that." I said and wrapped my arms around his neck as we floated in the water.

"Biggest mistake you've ever made." He said with a laugh. "Whatever, I told you I'm getting over it though." I said as he gasped.

"A fish!" He yelled causing me to scream and hide my face in his neck. "Totally over it." Colby teased as I rolled my eyes. "You're an ass." I repeated then smacked his chest.

"Okay, I'll stop." He said with a laugh as we bobbed with the waves. "I really don't want to leave." I said and laced my fingers through his hair.

"I know, me neither." He said with a sigh. "Did you ever figure out what was going on online?" I asked as he shook his head. "I thought we were unplugging?" He asked as I nodded.

"We are, but I'm kinda curious. What if it's like...really bad." I said as he shook his head.

"I don't think it is. Maybe the picture of me and that girl leaked. That's the only thing I could think of." He said as I nodded. "I guess we will just have to find out when we get home." I said then sighed.

We ended up staying at the beach for a while before we decided to get dinner and head back to the bungalow.

We decided to eat dinner in the pool again since we were leaving tomorrow and we wanted to soak in our vacation for as long as we could.

It was so bittersweet that our honeymoon was coming to an end but we were going to savor our time together in Bora Bora while we had it.