172

"Are you hungry, V?" Colby asked as I fed Luna, holding her closely. "No." I said quietly as he sighed. "Okay, just let me know when you are." He said as I nodded. "I think I want to take a walk to Nova's room." I said as Luna finished eating.

"We can't visit her, V." He said as I nodded and started burping Luna. "I never said anything about visiting her." I said quietly and looked up at him. "I just want to see her through the window." I said as he nodded.

"We can go see her." He said as Luna burped. "Good job, little bug. Wanna go on a walk?" I asked as she looked up at me. "Let's go on a walk." I said with a smile as I stood up. 

"Ready?" I asked and looked at Colby. "Yep, let's go." He said and held his hand out to me. I took his hand then led the way out of the room. 

We walked down the hallway quietly, just taking in the silence. I knew that Colby was trying to stay strong for the girls and I but I could tell he was just as effected as I was.

I didn't want him to be strong for me. I wanted him to tell me how he was feeling.

When we got to Nova's room we walked towards the window that would look into the room. "Oh, I wish I could just hold her." I whispered as Colby wrapped his arms around me. "I know, baby. I do too." He said as I nodded and looked up at him. 

"You can tell me how you feel, ya know." I said as he nodded. "I know." He said as I sighed. "Do you? I don't want you to put up a wall to protect Luna and I." I said as he nodded. "We can talk about it more later. I'm not going to put up a wall. I just want to make sure you're okay first." He said as I nodded.

"I'm okay." I said and leaned my head on his shoulder. We sat and watched Nova sleep for a little while before we decided to go back to the room. "How about we get some food. I know you're hungry." Colby said as I sighed. 

"I could eat." I said quietly as Luna fell asleep in my arms. "Thank god." Colby said as I breathed a laugh. "Why are we thanking god?" I asked as we walked into our room.

"I thought you were going to be stubborn and tell me you weren't hungry." He said as I walked over to Luna's crib so I could lay her down. "I'm hungry." I said with a shrug and laid Luna's blanket next to her.

"What would you like?" Colby asked as he sat on the bed. "Hmmm, I don't know. What do you want?" I asked and sat next to him. "Maybe sushi?" He suggested as I nodded. "Sounds good." I said as my phone started ringing.

"Hello?" I answered as I brought my phone to my ear. "Violet, what's going on?" Ki asked as I sighed and leaned my head against Colby's shoulder.

"Nova's in the hospital so the Brock family is living in a hospital room for a while." I explained as Colby handed me his phone. "Why is sweet little Nova in the hospital?" She asked as I put my food in.

"She has meningitis. Luna, Colby, and I got cleared and we don't have it so if you want to come keep us company that would be nice." I said then handed Colby his phone back. "Send me an address. I miss you." She said as I nodded. 

"I miss you, too. I have so much to catch you up on." I said as Colby wrapped his arm around me. "Okay, bet. I'll leave in a minute, just send me the address." She said as I nodded. "Okay, bye." I said then hung up.

"Ki's coming." I said as I sent her the address. "That'll be a good distraction." Colby said with a laugh as I nodded. "Yeah, I still haven't told her about Daisy killing my parents." I said as he gasped. 

"Oh, she's going to lose her mind." He said as I nodded. "Yeah, that's why I want her to come. We need a little bit of laughter right now." I said and looked at him. 

"Please tell me what's going on in your head." I said then took his head. "I'm worried sick." He said as I brought my hand to his cheek. "I know. I want you to be able to talk to me about it. I don't want you to bottle it in." I said and caressed his cheek gently.

"I won't if you won't." He said then leaned in and kissed me. I melted against his lips then pulled away. 

We hung out for a little while before Colby went to go get the sushi. I decided this would be the perfect time to get Luna changed into her pajamas and get her fed and situated.

I was so proud of her for being able to adjust to this horrible situation. I didn't know if twin telepathy was a thing but I could tell that Luna wasn't has happy or lively since her sister wasn't here.

"Okay, little bug." I whispered and pulled her into my arms. "I know you're sad, but I love you and daddy loves you and Nova loves you. She's gonna be okay." I said as I brought her over to the bed so I could feed her. 

I went through the process of feeding her and getting her ready for bed. It was killing me that I was only getting to take care of one baby. I was trying to stay strong and keep myself together but all of this was so difficult.

I was rocking Luna back to sleep when Colby and Ki came in the room with a bag of sushi. "Look what I found." He said and gestured to Ki. "Fuck you, Colby." Ki said as I breathed a laugh and looked down at Luna.

"Can you guys wait to fight until this sweet girl falls asleep?" I asked as Ki chuckled. "I suppose." She said as Colby came over and gave Luna a kiss on the head. 

Once she was she asleep I laid her in her bed. "Okay, I'm ready to be distracted." I said then held my hands out towards the sushi containers. "Is that all I am to you? A distraction?" Ki asked as I nodded.

"At this moment in time, yes. But that's a great job right now." I said then grabbed my container and plopped onto the bed. "Yeah, yeah. Tell me about your trip. I've missed you so much." Ki said as Colby handed me some chopsticks.

"You mean the trip from hell?" I asked with a mouth full of sushi. "Oh, god. What happened? I see you're wrapped in bandages, does that have something to do with it?" Ki asked as I gasped. 

"Shit! My burns!" I said then set my sushi down and stood up so I could press the little call button in the room.

"What do you mean? You got burned?" Ki asked as I nodded. "I was in a car accident. It exploded so I got hella burned." I said as her eyes widened. "What the hell?!" She asked as I tried to peel away the bandage only to hiss from the pain. 

"Hold on, V. You're going to peal your skin off." Colby said then took my hand, causing me to stop.

"Hold on. What do you mean you were in a car accident?" Ki asked as I sighed. "I was on the way to visit my parents grave when my uber was hit. We flipped a couple times and caught on fire. I pulled the uber driver out and saved his life and walked away from the scene." I explained as she looked at me with wide eyes.

"You're crazy." She said as a nurse came in. "What's up?" She asked as I sighed. "I have second degree burns and don't have any fresh bandages or cream or anything with me...is there any way I can get some? Maybe some hot water too, to get the bandages off." I said as the nurse nodded.

"Yeah, I'll be right back." She said then left the room. "That is a crazy trip." Ki said as I breathed a laugh. "That's not even the crazy part." I said as she blinked at me slowly. 

"We went to the crash scene and I found out that Daisy and my ex boyfriend were the ones that killed my parents." I said as her eyes widened. "Are you fucking kidding me?!" Ki asked as Luna fussed in her sleep.

"Shhh. It's okay." Colby cooed as Ki looked at me in disbelief. "I'm gonna fucking kill Petunia." Ki said as I nodded. "I give you permission. I'm glad I learned about this though because it closed a lot of open doors for me." I explained as the door opened.

"Thank you." I said then grabbed the stuff for my burns from the nurse. "You're welcome." She said then left the room. Colby came over and helped me get my burns cleaned up really quick. 

Once that was done we sat back down and kept eating. I explained everything that happened in Ohio to Ki. It felt good to be distracted from the horrific situation we were in even if we were talking about another traumatic thing.

Ki did a good job at keeping Colby and I sane during this crazy time and I was forever grateful or that.