134

I woke up to the sun shining into the room. I woke up feeling like a truck hit me, I had slept that hard.

Colby wasn't in the room and the girls weren't crying so I assumed he was with them.

When I got out of bed I stretched, causing the pain the radiate throughout my entire body again. "Oh!" I gasped out as my hands flew to my stomach.

"More Vicodin." I mumbled then trudged to the bathroom.

I grabbed the pill bottle then popped one of the pills into my mouth. I then brushed my teeth and made my way out of the room so I could find Colby and the girls.

I walked to the nursery but scrunched my brow, realizing they weren't in there. "Colby?" I asked then turned to go downstairs.

"Colby?!" I called out again but heard nothing. "Hmmph." I huffed out as I walked into the kitchen.

I noticed there was a note on the counter so I went over to it and picked it up.

Went out to get breakfast - Colby, Nova, and Luna.

"Cute." I said with a grin then slowly made my way to the living room so I could get comfortable on the couch while the pain killers tried to cure the pain that was killing me slowly.

As I sat there I started thinking about the dream I had last night.

Was it just a dream or was it a conversation that actually happened? There was only one way to answer that question.

I grabbed my phone and dialed Chad's number. I meant to call him sooner but I got sidetracked with everything.

"Hey! How's my favorite flower?" Chad answered after a couple rings. "I've been better. How are you doing?" I asked as he sighed.

"I've been worried about you. You guys just left town so fast." He said as I frowned.

"I know, I'm sorry. Things were just so bad and I couldn't be there anymore. I know I should have at least said goodbye." I said with a sigh. "Don't worry about it, Vi. How are you feeling?" He asked as I sighed.

"I'm in a lot of pain, but I'm on some intense medication now so that's good." I said and picked at the blanket on my lap.

"I can't believe he did that to you." Chad said as I nodded. "I can't either. Have you heard from him?" I asked as he sighed.

"Yeah. He feels really bad." He said as I scoffed slightly. "As he should." I said as he sighed again. "Is he going to prison or not?" I asked and started twisting my necklace.

"No. They gave him a charge of assault and battery and gave him community service." Chad explained as I sighed.

"Please make sure he doesn't try to come here." I said as the front door opened. "I'm trying, V. He just wants to make things right." He said as I sighed.

"I don't want anything to do with him. Please just don't let him come...please." I begged as Colby came into the room with the girls in his arms.

"I'll try, Vi. He seems really persistent even though Colby warned him to not. I'll talk to him though. You just focus on taking care of yourself and your injuries." Chad said as I smiled at Colby.

"I will. Love you, Chad." I said as Colby carefully laid the girls on the ground.

"Love you, too. I'll talk to you later." Chad said then hung up. "Hey, I thought you were getting breakfast." I said as he chuckled.

"I couldn't carry the girls and the breakfast. I'll be right back." Colby said then leaned over and kissed my cheek. "Okay." I said then stood up so I could sit on the floor with the girls.