138

"Ready to go home, love?" Colby asked as he helped me sit up. "Mhmm." I mumbled then took his hands, letting him pull me up so I could stand.

"I wanna snuggle the girls." I said as he nodded. "You can in the morning. They need to sleep." He said and sat me down in the wheelchair.

"You need to sleep." I grumbled as he laughed. "Actually, yeah." He said then started wheeling me out of the room.

"This is fucking bogus." I mumbled as we walked down the hallway and towards the exit of the hospital. "Yeah, I know." Colby said as I looked up at him.

"Am I on drugs?" I asked as he nodded. "Yes, a lot of them." He said as I nodded. "Feels good." I said then looked forwards again. "You're funny." Colby said as I grinned.

"The funniest." I said and cuddled the blanket in my lap. "Yep." Colby said as we got to the car which Colby had pulled up to the curb.

"Thank you, baby." I said as he helped me up. "Are you feeling okay?" Colby asked as soon as I was situated in the car. "Like a trillion billion bucks." I said as he grinned and caressed my cheek gently.

"Okay, I'll be right back." He said as I nodded. "I'll be here." I said as he closed the door so he could bring the wheelchair back inside.

I leaned my head back as he walked away from the car. I hummed to myself as I pet the blanket in front of me.

I was honestly feeling really good because of how many drugs I was on which was amazing because it meant I was in no pain.

I liked being in no pain.

Colby came back after a couple minutes and got in the car. "Are you tired?" I asked as he yawned. "

"Yeah, but I'll be alright. It's just been a long day." He said then took my hand. "I'm sorry." I said and frowned as he shook his head. "Don't apologize. I'll just sleep when we get home." He said then started driving.

When we got home I looked over at Colby. "Bed time." I said as he grinned. "Yeah, bed time." He said as I reached for the door.

"Let me help you, V." He said as I giggled. "Okay." I said then let my arm flop onto my lap. I watched as he walked around the car to get my door for me. "You're hot." I said to him as he held his hand out to help me get out of the car. 

"Mhmm." Colby said then pulled me up. "Oh noooooo I'm faaaaalling." I groaned dramatically as I leaned against him. "Be careful, V!" Colby gasped as he held me up. "I just want you to hold me." I said as he chuckled. 

"I'll hold you when we get upstairs, just please be careful." He said then held his arm around my waist so he could support my weight. "I'm careful." I said as we made our way inside.

When we walked through the door Colby started going towards the stairs as Sam and Kat came walking into the room. 

"Hey! Is everything okay?" Sam asked as Colby stopped so we could look at them. "Sam, I love drugs." I said as he breathed a laugh. "Oh?" He asked and raised his brow as Colby breathed a laugh. 

"She had internal bleeding and had to have surgery. She's on a fuck ton of drugs." Colby said as I leaned against him. "Oh, shit. Surgery?" Kat asked as I nodded. "I won." I said as they looked at me with confusion. 

"Ignore her." Colby said as I groaned. "I want to go to bed." I said as Sam laughed. "I don't think I've ever seen Violet like this." Sam said as I turned to wrap my arms around Colby. "It's really a sight to see. I'm gonna get her to bed though before the pain meds wear off." He said as Kat yawned. 

"Do you mind if we just crash here, it's really late." She asked as Colby nodded. "The guest room is always open." He said as I giggled. "New roommates." I mumbled as he nodded. "Mhmm, let's get you to bed." Colby said then waved to Sam and Kat. 

"Let me know if you need anything." Colby said as they nodded. "The girls were fed and changed within the past hour by the way." Sam said as I giggled. "I wanna cuddle the girls." I said as Colby led me upstairs. 

"In the morning." He said then led me to the bedroom. "Okieee." I said then closed my eyes as he helped me get in the bed. "What are you doing?" He asked with a laugh as I tried to find the covers with my eyes closed. 

"The sooner I fall asleep the sooner I get to cuddle the girls." I said as he pulled his shirt off and got in the bed. "I thought you wanted to cuddle me?" He asked as I gasped and opened my eyes, then threw my arms around him. 

"Careful, V." Colby warned as I shook my head. "I'm careful." I said then snuggled into him. "Just please try to be more careful." He said quietly then kissed my head. "I'll try." I said with a sigh then rested my head on his chest. 

"Goodnight, baby." Colby said as he kissed my head again. "Night, baby...are we gonna go ghost hunting again?" I asked and closed my eyes. "You want to?" He asked as I nodded. "Mhmmm maybe." I mumbled as I started to drift off. "Get some rest." Colby said as I fell asleep.

I woke up in a hospital room all alone. I couldn't feel any pain so I didn't know why I was here. "Colby?" I asked as I sat up. "He's not here." Someone said from the other side of the room. "Mom?" I asked as my eyes focused on her.

"Hi, honey."  She said as I smiled. "Is it really you?" I asked as she shook her head. "No." She said as I frowned. 

"What do you mean?" I asked as she sighed and walked over to me. "I think you know." She said as I shook my head. "You're not real, are you?" I asked as she shook her head. "Just characters in your dreams."  She said as my dad appeared next to her.

"So Colby was right..." I said as they nodded. "You have to get us out of your head. It's not good for you." Dad said as my eyes watered. "Why would you say that?" I asked and got out of bed, feeling the pain in my abdomen again.

"We're dead, Violet. You can't see us in your dreams." Dad said as I shook my head. "What about in the elevator? I saw you!" I said and went to hug them. When I made contact with them though they melted away, making me go straight through them.

"We aren't real. We're dead." Mom said as I started to cry. "S-stop saying that." I said as they both shook their heads. "We're dead." They repeated together as I covered my ears. "S-stop!" I cried out as they repeated it over and over again. 

"We're dead. We're dead. "We're dead." They repeated as I sobbed and backed into the wall, holding my ears until the scene faded away.

I woke up with an excruciating pain in my abdomen as tears trickled down my cheeks. I silently sobbed as Colby slept peacefully next to me. I felt bad that he didn't get to sleep that much because of my emergency surgery so I didn't want to wake him. 

I sniffled and wiped my cheeks as I got out of bed carefully. I was in a lot of pain but I didn't know where my Vicodin was and I wanted to Colby to sleep so I wasn't going to wake him up to ask.

I decided I was going to visit the girls in the nursery. I was feeling really weird since the dream I had. I couldn't stop hearing their voices in my ears. I couldn't stop feeling the pain in my chest of them admitting that they aren't real.

Maybe they were right.

I sighed then walked into the nursery. Nova and Luna were both still sleeping silently, since it was only 6am. I went over to their cribs and smiled down at them, admiring how adorable they were.

I admired them for a while before turning to sit in the rocking chair. I was in a lot of pain but I knew I wouldn't be able to fall asleep again and I knew that I would wake Colby up if I tried to get back in bed.

As I sat there I thought about the possibility of going with Sam and Colby to visit where my parents had their accident. I didn't want to go at all before but after the dream I had tonight I almost felt like I had to.

I just really needed to think about it.