170

Colby's POV

I looked up at Violet when she turned around to look at me. When she did this my eyes widened at how pale she was.

She was about to pass out.

"Hold on, Sam." I said then tossed the phone on the bed. "V.." I said as she stumbled forwards, the color draining from her face even more.

I lunged towards her as her body went limp, then caught her before she hit the ground. "I've got you. I've got you." I whispered as I lifted her up and walked her towards the bed.

I knew she was going to pass out some point and I was just glad that she did while I could catch her.

I sighed then laid her down on the bed, then draped a blanket over her legs. I kissed her head then grabbed my phone so I could talk to Sam again.

"Are you still there?" I asked as I brought the phone to my ear. "Yeah, everything okay?" He asked as I shook my head.

"Violet just passed out. She's fine, but Nova has meningitis. We're at the hospital and will be here for at least a couple days." I explained as he gasped slightly.

"Holy shit! That's crazy. Is she doing okay?" He asked as I shook my head. "I don't know, man. They have her set up to antibiotics but I'm so scared." I said and fiddled with my earring.

"I can't even imagine how you're feeling. Did you want me to come? Or do you want to just be there with Violet?" He asked as I shook my head.

"I was wondering if you could do us a favor..this came on so suddenly so we don't have any clothes or anything. We have our diaper bag but it won-" I started but was interrupted by Sam.

"I'll pack you guys some stuff." He said as I nodded. "Thank you. Just make sure you bring Nova's stuffed owl and Luna's blanket. Also some clothes for V and I. If you don't feel comfortable going through Violet's clothes you can just pack some of mine." I explained as he breathed a laugh.

"I got you, man. Did you want any food?" Sam asked as I sighed. "That would be good. Maybe just some snacks for now because V is going to be out for a while." I said as Luna fussed. "Shit, I have to go." I said then walked over to Luna so I could comfort her.

"Alright, just text me the address." Sam said as I nodded. "Okay, thanks man." I said then hung up and tossed my phone to the side.

"Hi, honey." I whispered then scooped Luna into my embrace. "Are you feeling bad for sissy?" I asked and looked over at Nova.

She was sleeping with a small frown on her face. It broke my heart, seeing that an IV drip was taped around her arm. They also had to strap her other arm down so she wouldn't rip out the IV.

It just broke my heart.

"Are you hungry?" I asked with a sigh as Luna cried in my arms. "Mommy just fell asleep..." I whispered and bounced her.

"Let's see if we have any formula." I said then walked over to the diaper bag, sifting through it. "Bingo." I said then grabbed the container of formula.

I hit the call button then rocked side to side, bouncing her against my shoulder. After a few minutes a nurse came into the room. "Hey, everything okay?" She asked as I held up the container of formula.

"Do you have some water I can make this formula with?" I asked as she nodded. "Yeah, I'll be right back." She said as I nodded.

Once she left the room I grabbed my phone and texted Sam the address. I then texted my parents to let them know what was going on.

After a few minutes the nurse came back with some warm water. "Here ya go." She said then handed it to me.

"So, meningitis is contagious so we're going to be checking Luna. We're also going to check you and mom because we don't want it to be transferred to either of you. Once all of you are cleared we are going to bring Nova to an isolated room so she can't spread it to you guys or Luna." The nurse said as I frowned.

"How contagious are we talking? Can we be in the same room with her if we wore masks?" I asked and looked over at Violet who was sleeping.

"It's very contagious and can be deadly, so we don't want to have anyone in the room, just to be safe." She said as my heart sunk.

"Okay. How long will she be in the isolated room?" I asked as she sighed. "It's up to the doctor. Probably at least a week of complete isolation." She explained as I nodded. "Okay." I said then started to feed Luna. I was extremely nervous that any of us would contract the infection, especially Luna.

If she also got it, Violet and I would crumble.

"I'll be back in a little bit so I can grab Luna to test her." She said as I nodded. "Sounds good." I said as she turned to leave the room.

I finished feeding Luna, then burped her. A couple minutes later Sam was walking into the room with a couple bags and a paper mask on.

"Hey, man." He said as I put a pacifier in Luna's mouth. "Hey, thanks for this." I said and gestured to the bags.

"You're welcome. I can't hang out because she's contagious but they said I could drop the bags off." He explained as I nodded. "I'll keep you updated." I said as he nodded

"You guys are going to get through this. As soon as you guys can have visitors, let me know." He said then turned to leave the room.

Once he was gone I sat down in the chair that was next to Nova's bed. I was trying so desperately to keep myself together because I wanted to be strong for everyone but I was so scared.

I didn't know if I could be strong this time.

I sat around for a while before the nurse came back to get Luna so they could test her. "We're going to test her, then bring her to a different room until we can test you guys." She explained as she took Luna from me.

I watched as she walked out of the room. I then went over to my phone so I could talk to my parents. I needed to keep my mind occupied.

"Hello?" Mom answered as I sighed. "Hey, mom." I said quietly as Violet shifted in her sleep. "How's Nova doing? How are you doing? What's going on?" She asked as I paced the room.

"Nova has meningitis which apparently is extremely contagious. We all have to be tested for it, and I suggest you guys get tested, too. I don't think you'll have it since you would be showing symptoms by now." I said quietly.

"Oh, sweetie. It shouldn't be an issue, we have our vaccine for it, and so do you." Mom said as I frowned.

"So I'm safe?" I asked as she hummed. "As safe as you can be. We'll keep an eye out for any symptoms but I'm sure we're okay. Is Luna doing okay?" She asked as I nodded.

"They're testing her right now." I said quietly as Violet stirred again. I looked up at her, seeing her face was scrunched as if she was having a nightmare. I frowned then sat on the edge of the bed, brushing her hair back from her face.

"I'll be sending you all of the prayers in the world." Mom said as I nodded. "Thanks, mom. I love you." I said as Violet breathed out a sigh, melting into her pillow.

"I love you too, sweetie. Just try to stay calm and lean on the people who love you. We're going to help you get through this." She said as I nodded.

"We're going to need all of the support we can get." I said as she hummed. "We're sending you all our love, just keep us updated." She said as I nodded.

"I will. I'll talk to you later." I said then hung up. I sighed then stood up and walked over to Nova. "I'm sorry, pumpkin...I wish I could help you more." I whispered then leaned down and grabbed her stuffed owl.

I laid it down next to her, then sat down so I could watch her. I sat there for a while, sitting in the silence.

It was breaking my heart that there was nothing I could do to stop what was happening. It was hard to comprehend what was going on but I knew that my girls were stronger than anything in the world.

No matter what was going to happen, we were going to be okay.

We were going to get through this.