Chapter 54

The couple had to be strong. They stayed together, cuddling with the younger, trying to hold on to the present moment. Normani and Ally stayed cuddling, appreciating the moment as well, but also thinking about the best way to bring the conversation about the blog. They both knew it was something that had some emotional connection with the teenager they met, so it could affect Y/n very much. It could go very wrong, or very right. Dinah was hoping for the right path. She saw it first hand Y/n as she knew it, and she wanted to see it again. They needed to help Y/n going back to how she was before.

A few minutes later, the couple decided to go to sleep together with the younger, and as for the other three, they stayed in the living room hanging out. The rest of the day went calmly, with no major event. Y/n ended up waking up in the middle of Lauren and Camila, which made her confused but at the same time have some mixed feelings. It felt safe after all. But even so, after staying on the bed for a little longer, she got up without waking the other two up, and went to prepare dinner. By then, Dinah had gone to Ally's room alone, while Normani and Ally went to the black skin woman's. So, the teenager was all by herself. Therefore, she made herself busy to avoid the thoughts that could cross her mind. Daddy would make sure to remind her that thinking wasn't good. To be a good angel she had to keep herself busy and not think. Still consumed by that mentality, the girl just did what she knew to do.

That day, the six ate together, as Dinah made Y/n eat with them. Everyone tried to involve the teenager in their conversations, which would sometimes make her uncomfortable, and that was when Ally would interfere and let Y/n out of the conversation and be more relaxed. Something similar happened the next day, after a whole working day where Normani was the one staying home. At dinner, the conversation was bringing Y/n into it too forcefully, and she was visibly uncomfortable. But that time, Ally and the younger left the table, so the singer could help Y/n to relax. It worked, partially. When they got back, Y/n was left alone and was relaxed.On her mind, things were tending to shift, but it was still a slow process. She could see the care the couple had towards her, especially from Lauren who she deeply trusted as she was a replacement for daddy, and she also could see Dinah being there almost all the time. Normani and Ally were still the most distant ones, but even so, they were still making a difference. It felt weird, out of place, but for some reason it felt right. And she started to learn to live with it without feeling weirded out. Her daddy would come, eventually, so until then she should probably make the best out of it.

On the other hand, despite the closure they were getting, Ally wasn't so sure about the path it was following. Sure, it had only been so little time, and Y/n needed years of therapy to fully recover, but she hoped to be a faster process. But maybe that needed to be triggered. It was exactly that, after lots of hours of thinking, that, on an afternoon about four days after Dinah's situation, that she decided to go talk with Y/n. Not alone, of course. Both Normani and her were the ones that haven't gotten that big moment with Y/n, so it was time for them to use it. The older singer went to get Normani out of her room and went to look for Y/n. The teenager was just casually cleaning the kitchen's floor, nothing unusual. She did look up when she heard Normani and Ally, but she quickly returned to her cleaning. It was almost done after all.

"Wow you really cleaned the kitchen until it shined." Ally commented, trying to start a conversation. They couldn't just shove the blog on her face, they had to be subtle about it.

The younger one looked up again. "Well of course I'm supposed to."

"Dear, you told you before, you don't have to but thank you. I never saw the kitchen this clean." Normani chuckled. "It will be like this until Dj and Mila mess it up after all."

"I say it lasts two hours after they get back." Ally chuckled and walked closer. "I think you should take a break now sweetie."

"It's not for discussion. Come on, you need a break." The black skin woman added knowing the younger would refuse if it wasn't a demand from them.