Chapter 13

In the teenager's bedroom, for about two hours, the girl focused on studying. It was boring but she needed it, so she did her best to just focus on that. It was about five in the afternoon when she finished. And relieved it was over, she just went to see the blog the woman showed her. There were a few comments from the people who read it. Some good, some bad. Some agreeing, others disagreeing. But most of it agreed with what the author wrote. The girl stayed reading it a few comments before just going to write or draw a bit to pass the time. When it was close to six she stood up and left the room so she and the woman would be going to what she had planned.

"Lauren, are you ready?" She called on the hallway.

But since the woman was still on the music room, she didn't exactly heard her. From the hallway it was possible to hear the chords on the piano, and Lauren's voice singing. Slowly, and curious, the girl walked closer to the door and opened it a little. Her gaze went to the woman and she just stayed watching her sing. Lauren was singing a part in Spanish, and she was so into her music that she didn't heard anyone enter. She was putting her heart and soul onto her words, a smile spread across her face. However, the smile suddenly died and she stopped singing and playing. The woman mumbled something to herself and quickly picked a pencil, changing a few words on her notebook. The teenager hesitated but just stayed watching in silence. Lauren was an amazing singer and she was working on a new song, so she wasn't going to interrupt the woman until she was done. But at the same time she didn't want to leave, so she opened the door a little more an cleaned against the door frame just watching. Still, Lauren didn't notice the younger's presence. So, soon enough, she repeated the last part of the song in Spanish before changing again to English. For a few long minutes, that was the drill. Lauren would sing with passion, and would stop to change a few chords or lyrics. However, at a certain part, she got stuck, and nothing she would sing was making sense in her head. Frustrated, the woman groaned and passed both her hands on her hair, grabbing it after trying to think.

Watching the woman blocking, the girl crossed her arms and leaned her head against the door frame. "You should switch between Spanish and English on that part. A verse in one language and the next in the other. You can even repeat what you are saying to get more emphasis on the idea."

Lauren jumped on her spot and her head snapped towards Y/n. She took a hand to her chest and took a deep breath. "That's..." She looked at the notebook. "That's actually a good idea." The woman quickly wrote it down. "I didn't hear you coming."

"I can be sneaky sometimes." She struggled.

"For how long have you been there?"

"A few minutes."

"Why?" Lauren widened her eyes. "Oh my God, is it time already!?" She immediately stopped what she was doing to check on the time.

"Yes, but no worries, we can do it another day if you would like to continue that." She assured the older, so Lauren wouldn't stress so much.

"No, no, no. I asked you out today, so we will do that today." The woman closed her notebook.

The girl blinked a few times and opened her mouth a little. "I think you want to rethink what you just said."

Lauren frowned a little, repassing what she said in her mind. Immediately after she widened her eyes. "I meant t-to hang out." She corrected herself.

"You didn't say that so."

"Yeah I know, I am so sorry I didn't mean it... I just... You know it just... Came out that way..."

"Right." She looked away. "So we go or not?"

"Yes. Of course." The woman mumbled and walked to her. "So, where do you want to go?"

"You will see." She stood up straight and started walking to the stairs. "You better bring money it's going to cost you."