Chapter 3

After a couple more hours, around five in the afternoon, Camila got home and went to talk with her girlfriend. Lauren just explained the situation and all that happened to the younger woman and both talked about it. The next day was the weekend so they couldn't be sure if Y/n would go to school, so they would leave it for Monday. That night, the younger latina was the one who made dinner, but even if they went to call the teenager no answer came from the bedroom. Not really worrying about it, both went to watch a movie before going to bed already past midnight. The next two days were weekend so they just took their time relaxing and hanging out. It bothered them a bit the fact they didn't see the teenager during those two days, not around the house or for the meals, and even if they did try to talk to her no answer would come from the bedroom. Of course in the middle of the night Y/n would go to the kitchen, her will to eat wasn't much but her body did complain, so she would just grab snacks and go to her bedroom, where she spent the weekend entirely. On Monday, the girl did her morning routine, and this time really went to school. Her morning was tedious and the teenager hated it, but she still handled it. When she got home she put the receipts from the bus and the lunch on the kitchen table and just looked at herself in her bedroom. Both women had gone to the studio since their time looking for someone to adopt was over and they could focus on their music. The women did get satisfied seeing the proof Y/n went to school, but again when they tried to talk with her no answer came. Although since she had school the next day the younger couldn't sneak into the kitchen to eat in the middle of the night so that day she did eat with the women, but she just ate little and fast before going back to her bedroom. By then, Camila and Lauren weren't liking the situation and when it repeated itself on Tuesday, they shared a look before finishing dinner and cleaning the kitchen. In their bedroom, Lauren closed the door while Camila started to change thinking.

"We have to do something." The brunette mumbled.

"About the fact we have a teenager in our house but she is basically a complete stranger and we are failing?" The green eyed woman casually commented.

"And the fact she is clearly not okay?" She added turning around with only her bra and pans. "Come on Lolo we need her fine."

Lauren looked at her girlfriend. "We need it. And soon." She looked her up and down and walked to her, hugging her. "Like real soon."

"I don't know how though." She passed her arms around her neck.

"We were teenagers once." Lauren kissed her forehead. "Let's just think like we were."

"We started a music career when we were teenagers. We didn't even finish school."

"Yes but... We were teenagers. There must be similarities, no?"

"Our life's were different, we had the spotlight, became famous compared to that she is..." She stopped herself.

The older one raised an eyebrow. "She is...?"

"Lolo compared to us she is just no one..." She whispered. "I mean she lost her family and was in foster care for God knows how long."

Lauren hummed and nodded. "She is... And now that she is with us she will be someone else."

"But she doesn't know that." Camila pointed out.

"We have to show that to her."

"I agree. We should try to talk more to her, perhaps during dinner when we actually get to see her." She walked to the bed backwards and let herself fall to it pulling her girlfriend with her.

Lauren giggled a little. "We have to talk with her, yes. But I think maybe you should talk first due to our encounter before."

"What would I say Lolo?" She caressed her raven hair.

"Maybe... I don't know... Make her see we are trying to really help her? That we aren't like other foster homes."

"If you do remember, she doesn't even talk to us." The younger woman sighed.

"Well... We can always give her a gift." She kissed her neck a little. "Something she would like."

"Easy to say we don't even know what she likes." Her eyes closed and she smiled with the kisses on her skin.

"She did buy a plushie with the money we gave her for the bus. Maybe another plushie?"

"That's a start, what kind?"

"We can give her a plain teddy bear."

"Which shows we care but don't know her."

"Exactly. It gives the point that we are trying, really." Lauren squealed. "I am a genius."

The young giggled. "Okay I will buy it and give it to her tomorrow after work."

"Sounds perfect to me, mi amor." The raven haired woman hugged her girlfriend, resting her head on her shoulder. "And you should totally walk like this diary."

"Perv." Camila provoked.

"You love my perv side."

"Yeah, unfortunately we have a kid to deal with, so I couldn't even if I wanted." She pouted.

"Hopefully it will be easy once we get to know each other. I mean, it's a teenager, kids love space and material stuff. Does she have a phone? We probably should ask that."

"And get her one if she doesn't?"

"Yeah. Not only for us to communicate, but also because teenagers and cell phones are best friends."

The woman on the bed laughed softly. "That's so true."

"We are going to be the best not parents but parents like ever."

"Well at least until she is eighteen."

"Yeah. Though we can't just send her away. The public won't like that."

"She will be in college, and we will occasionally visit her."

"We need to pay for her to be in college though."

"Ugh, right. Well she can also get a scholarship next year."

"If she studies." She pointed out. "She skipped last week. And even if she went to school, we never know."

"I really don't want to act like a parent, but she can't screw this so I guess we can start asking about school."

"We have to. During dinner if she stays more than five minutes." Lauren sighed and hugged her more.

The younger one caressed her hair gently. "Maximum a year until she goes to college."

"It's going to be easy."

"Exactly."

The raven haired woman closed her eyes and relaxed. It was going to be just fine, and it wouldn't last that long. Just a year until it would be again just Camila and herself. The couple stayed like that for a few more minutes before they had to move and do their night routine. The women fell asleep cuddling with each other happily and relaxing. The next morning was on the weekend, and even so they had to work on their music. It wasn't a sacrifice, since they really liked to do so.