Chapter 40

Affected by the voices, which were speaking more and more by the minutes passed. Y/n just made an effort to stand up and went to the back lounge. Neutral expression on, with no emotion.

"My favorite person is here!" Dinah smiled big, but it faded once she saw the teenager's expression. "Hey, what's the matter?"

"Nothing." She simply mumbled with a monotonous tone.

"It is something, you look different. I don't like that look on your face."

"Okay."

"Come here." She opened her arms for her.

"No."

"What? Why?"

"Just no."

Dinah put her arms down. "Well, okay. Sit here then." She patted the side of the couch.

The teenager just went to sit down and crossed her arms and legs with her gaze fixed on a random spot of the close door. Her nails craved on her arms a little and she just stayed still.

"Y/n, please tell me what's wrong."

"Nothing." She said with the same monotonous tone.

"I know you are lying."

"Good for you. Why did you call me?" She sighed tiredly.

Dinah moved uncomfortably on her spot. "I was feeling a little overwhelmed..."

Y/n gaze went to her and she took a deep breath changing her facial expression. The woman needed her so she wasn't going to think about her problem at the moment. "Right, I'm sorry Di." She forced a small smile and uncrossed her arms turning to her. "Did you like to see Normani?"

"No. I don't want to talk about me. I don't like how you came in so you can delete that fake change."

"No, no, no. It's not fake." She lied.

Dinah rolled her eyes. "Come on, spill out what you need."

"I don't need anything. I'm fine." She killed the smile since she knew it wouldn't help with the lying.

"You are not missy." She hugged her.

The girl stayed a few seconds still but just hugged the woman a little against her will, since touching and the voices wasn't exactly a good combination. "I am. I am fine, nothing to worry about. I ... Just got mad at Lauren so that was it."

"Oh dear, what did Jauregui do? Do I have to kick her ass?"

"No, no. You don't need to." Y/n assured.

"Really? Because I will gladly do it!"

"No..." She swallowed dry a little. "It's fine. Really. Hm, what do you want to do?"

"Stop saying it's fine Y/n, I'm worried about you."

"But it's fine really." She nodded a little.

"No it's not. Do you remember the words you told me the first night?"

"I said..." She tried to think but it was hard.

"I insisted I was fine, but you pointed out that lying wouldn't help."

"Oh yeah I said that."

"So I will use that card against you."

"But I'm telling you the truth, I'm fine." She pulled away to face and she forced a small smile. "See everything is fine."

Dinah shook her head no and took her fingers to her face. Slowly, she made the smile disappear. "Why do you lie to me?"

"I'm not lying to you."