Chapter 20

Afterwards, she went back inside and got another bottle of wine, drinking a little before going to the living room, where she found Camila. The woman drank half of the bottle and sat on a chair on Camila's diagonal, staring at her, drinking a little bit more.

"It's eleven in the morning." The younger woman mumbled while reading her book, not taking her eyes off it.

"It's not like a fucking care." The older one rolled her eyes.

"You should, I'm not going to be here during the afternoon and I don't want you drunk."

"Too late for that. Why aren't you staying in the afternoon?" She frowned.

"Y/n therapist appointment." She turned the page. "I'm not going to let you drive her like that. One of us has to be responsible for the girl."

"Right, that." She mumbled. "Whatever it's not like she wants to be nearby anyways." Lauren stayed quiet for a few moments. "Are you mad...?"

"Does it look like it?" She continued to read.

"It does."

Camila closed the book and faced her with a serious expression. "Stop drinking."

"I... I don't like that look." Lauren shook her head no.

"Stop drinking." She repeated.

"I am not drinking!"

"You have the bottle in your hand." The woman raised an eyebrown.

"Yes. But technically I am not drinking."

"Then technically I'm not mad at you." She gave her girlfriend a sync smile before going back to reading her book.

Immediately, Lauren felt herself almost sober up. She put the bottle down and stood up, walking to her girlfriend. She sat by her side, keeping her distance but at the same time being close.

"Camila, you know that I love you." The woman just hummed and continued to read, or try to, since her gaze was on the book even if her attention wasn't. "I truly love you. And I want you to never forget that." She whispered. "And I am sorry, I am so sorry..."

"You had sex with her. You know how messed up that is?" The brunette faced her girlfriend and hit her book on her arms. "She is legally our daughter Lauren! I know you like her but I didn't imagine you having sex with her, for God's sake."

Lauren flinched a little and looked at her lap. "T-that's on the p-paper..."

"A legal paper, it's the law!'

"It's not blood related!"

"It's not right anyways!"

"It was consensual..."

"Really? Then why did I wake up with screams? Or found you drinking, or why were you drinking just a few minutes ago?"

Lauren looked up at her. "You think I forced her..."

The younger sighed and turned more to the raven woman. "I don't think you forced her. I know yh Lolo, you are the love of my life. And I'm not mad at you because you did it with her, okay maybe a little." She caressed her cheek. "I'm mad at you because I know how things are going to be so awkward from now on. We want to have a relationship with her and you screw her."

"It was consensual." Lauren backed off from her. "I asked a ton of times if it was okay, she always said yes. It wasn't my fault!" She felt herself tear up.

"Hey, hey, hey." She got closer and hugged her girlfriend. "Lolo don't cry please... I can't take you crying." She pulled her to cuddle.

The older immediately hugged her back, not able to sustain the tears. "I-I didn't m-mean to! It w-was consensual... I-I'm sorry Camz!" She sobbed.