Chapter 16

Camila needed a little time for herself, and that's exactly what happened. When she went back inside, Lauren had gotten everything from the table and went to sit down on the couch in the living room. The night ended weirdly, for both sides, and the raven haired girl was hoping the next day it would be better, but that wasn't quite the case. Y/n stayed locked in her bedroom, which wasn't exactly new, but she was even more quiet, same expression as always. For Lauren, it felt like they had gotten to stage zero again. It sucked, very much. The conversation about the blog somehow made Lauren be more confident about Y/n being the owner of it, though on the other side, Y/n became scared. Even if both Lauren and Camila told her they wouldn't get mad about knowing who the author was, it still roamed around her mind the possibility of them lying about it, so they could get Y/n to talk and then they would expel her from the house, or something as awful. It was on Wednesday night from the week that came next that her thoughts were too loud. And the voices appeared again. Suddenly, Y/n sat on the bed and grabbed her head, shaking her head no, murmuring the word 'no' non stop for the voices to shut up. They were telling her every possibility of her idols being lying to her, wanting her bad, and not her good. Y/n knew the voices weren't real, but they sounded so much like it, it was terrifying. They didn't shut up for the rest of that night, so on Thursday she was exhausted. Obviously, everything had gone worse because of the tense ambience at the school, where students were freaking out about the exams and the teachers were reminding them of those constantly. When she got back home, Lauren tried to make her hang out, and write some more songs, but the voices talked louder and she just excused herself to her bedroom, needing to rest and study. She ended up studying a lot in the afternoon trying to think about something else to shut the voices, but it seemed to be no use. Tired, Y/n skipped dinner and went to sleep. Of course, the singers noticed it and became slightly worried. The next days were passing and Y/n seemed more distant than usual, even when she did try to hang out with the older women. And with that, Lauren didn't get her chance to tell her feelings to Y/n. Part of her was relieved, the other was not. The rest of the week passed, things weren't that good between the three, even with the effort Y/n was doing. But that effort didn't seem to be seen, which gave the voices another topic of conversation. During school, it would just get worse, as well at night. Since Lauren hadn't exactly gotten a psychiatrist, there were no meds. Y/n was tired from the pressure of school, and the tension at home. During one of her classes in the last week before the exams, she couldn't do it anymore. The clock was ticking slowly, the teacher was boring, the classmates annoying. Shaking her leg quickly, hitting gently the table with her pen, Y/n stared at the clock like it would magically make the lesson end. If that wasn't the case. On the back of her mind, the voices started whispering, getting louder and louder. She couldn't just get up and leave the classroom, so she stayed. She did, however, ask for permission to go to the bathroom, but the teacher mocked her, not letting her go. He was in a bad mood, and Y/n was the one who suffered with it. The voices mocked her and laughed in her head. It was becoming too overwhelming. Just a minute passed since the teacher refused to let her go, since she should have gone to the bathroom during the break, and Y/n stood up, running out of the classroom and taking deep breaths to calm herself down. Then, suddenly, they shut up. The teenager slowly looked around, before she heard one of the voices whisper to her that he was there. He? It was someone, Y/n wasn't sure until the name was mentioned. Scared, the girl looked around again before quickly walking away, trying to run away from the man that the voices assumed to be there. He couldn't be there, there was no way. Y/n was in another city, he couldn't be there. But they were saying otherwise, and they seemed scared. Again, they started to get louder and louder, telling her to run. Terrified, with flashbacks of rape scenes crossing her mind, Y/n ran. She ran, and ran, and ran. She heard distant voices outside her head calling her, scolding her, screaming for her. But that didn't matter, she needed to run away from him. Because of the running, the teenager ended up tripping on a bag and falling onto the ground. She groaned, with her eyes closed. Inside her mind the voices were saying he was there already. He got her, he caught her. She felt a hand grabbing her shoulder and she turned around, seeing the man that raped her when she was only fifteen. The girl's expression was of pure terror. Though, who touched her was another man that she couldn't see. Concerned, the janitor called for help, which came in no time. Y/n started moving scared, trying to get away, screaming scared, calling for Lauren and Camila, tears rolling down her cheeks. She had to be immobilized until exterior help came. After that situation at the school, the principal called Lauren. The woman was in her studio writing and composing when she received the call. At first she frowned, answering, but her expression quickly changed into worry once she received the news that Y/n had been transferred to a nearby hospital. Immediately, no hesitation, she went to Camila and got her. She quickly told her about the call, and in no time they were both in the hospital. The nurses gave them the indication in which room she was, on the psych yard, and both stormed to see the girl they adopted. Inside there was a doctor and a few nurses, who were drugging Y/n, which at the moment was asleep. She seemed peaceful.