Chapter 25

But the older one didn't notice, as she just picked up a cigarette and lit it up, smoking while walking around their terrace. Her mind was immersed in her thoughts.

"Lolo..." The woman called carefully, staying still.

Lauren raised her gaze to her. "Hm?"

"I want to check on you."

"I'm fine, totally fine."

"We both know that's not true."

"Lolo." She walked closed.

The woman closed her eyes and inhaled the smoke, feeling it burn before letting it go. Carefully, Camila got closer and caressed her cheek while holding her other hand.

"It hurts." She whispered, looking at her with her eyes broken.

"I know Lolo. I know it does. You don't have to hide it with me."

Lauren looked down and sniffed. "I want her to be happy. But I hate this..."

"Baby, we are doing a good improvement, she cuddled with us, she smiled, she somehow showed up in our bed. That's good, very good."

"I know... And I adore it but... This Alexa showed up..." She whispered weakly.

"And she will be gone in no time."

"How can you be so sure, Camz?"

"She has a blog about us, she is warming up with us, it will be just a matter of time baby."

"Easy to say because you don't share the same feeling as I do..."

Camila stayed silent a few seconds and took a deep breath. She made the woman face her with a broken look, no happy smile or comforting one. Showing how she was really feeling.

"She has a girlfriend Lolo." She whispered with a broken tone and looked at the view.

Lauren opened her mouth a little. Immediately she threw the cigarette away and stepped on it before pulling Camila closer, hugging her tightly. It was her turn to comfort her girlfriend, who she didn't know felt that way.

"I didn't know you felt like this..." She whispered, gently caressing her hair.

"She has a girlfriend Lolo!" She groaned frustrated with herself and hugged the taller one. "A fucking bitch she meet online."

"I know. I hate it as well." She kissed the top of her head. "But just like you said, she will be gone in no time. And you know when? When we go all together on vacation."

The younger one nodded her head a little. "Meanwhile, we just... We just keep being here for her."

"We do. You have been doing such a great job love. And I have been trying to keep up."

"You were hurt and I wanted us to be good with us... So I tried."

"You've been wonderful. But I think now you need a break." She smiled a little to her.

"No, I'm sorry, but I'm scared you will do something and we will get back where we started. Not that I don't trust you." She quickly added and faced her. "I just really don't want that."

"Camila, you just showed me for the first time how you truly felt." Lauren caressed her cheek. "You need a break."

"But what if something goes wrong..."

"I will try my best to make sure nothing goes wrong. I can do it."

"I know you can... But.... I don't know Lolo. I'm just going to keep doing what I have been doing. And it's fine."