Chapter 37

The first part went without Dinah, and the fans didn't notice, expecting to see their idol in the second part. However that was not what happened. Once again, Dinah didn't show up, and by then everyone backstage was panicking. With one of the singers missing, both Normani and Ally improvised and even sang together. When the show was coming to an end, Y/n was very concerned. The woman had just disappeared, and even if she didn't know Dinah very well, she did know singing was one of her passions, which wouldn't make sense for her missing a concert. Therefore, the teenager was able to leave the concert when it was coming to its end, and no one really noticed it. When she got backstage, she noticed the general worrieness about Dinah. She was nowhere to be found. Y/n frowned and started looking for her. First, she went to the room where she would get ready, but it was empty, then she went to the bathrooms, being given the same scenario. She walked around, going through the same spots sometimes until she heard the door that led outside be open. Instinctively, Y/n's head snapped towards it, just to spot a very bad looking Dinah. Her make up was ruined, just like her hair. Her clothes were badly put on and there were visible marks on her body. Quickly, Y/n rushed to the singer, who managed to look up, her eyes filled with tears.

"No, no, no, you can't be here!" Dinah whispered and yelled once she saw Y/n, clearly scared.

"Dinah..." The girl raised her hand but hesitated on touching the woman. "Who..." She passed her eyes close to the woman.

"No one. No one." She quickly shook her head no. "P-please I don't w-want them to get you... G-go away."

"No, I'm not going to leave you alone after this."

"N-no, they c-can be back anytime." The woman took a step forwards but ended up falling on the ground on her knees.

Quickly, Y/n crouched down and passed her hand on the woman's arm worried. "It's okay, it's okay Dinah, it's over."

Dinah flinched a little with the touch. "I-It's not o-over. They w-will be b-back!"

"No they will not, they won't touch you again." She got closer and caressed the older's cheek. "See I'm not hurting you, my touch is not rough or harsh." She spoke calmly, trying to make her relax just a little.

Dinah sobbed. "T-they will b-be back. H-he said i-it."

"Hey, hey, Di." She cleaned the tears. "Look at me."

The woman sobbed again, shaking, before slowly looking up at Y/n.

"I want you to stay with your gaze on me, and take a deep breath. Look into my eyes. It's over now."

Dinah blinked a few times. Her own eyes were filled with tears and she had a scared look. She tried to breathe deeply, but only shakily quick breaths were coming out of her mouth. Knowing what the woman was feeling, and going through, Y/n smiled warmly to her, even if it was a sad smile, and continued to caressed her cheek while letting the woman just relax a little bit, and herself thinking about the situation. It still took a few minutes for Dinah to be able to calm down. The cheers from the fans were loudly heard, and it actually helped the woman feel less bad and more safe. She slowly sat down and leaned against the wall, closing her eyes and breathing very slowly. The teenager looked around and since they were still alone, she sat down next to the woman and hugged her by the waist cuddling with her.

"You are not alone." She whispered low. "You aren't going through this alone."

Dinah leaned against her. "I-I'm sorry..."

"Why?"

"I missed the show..."

Y/n giggled. "Oh Dinah, don't be sorry for that. But if you want to make it up to me for that, I might have an idea."