Chapter 43

The teenager watched the older woman go before going to her bag. She took out the pijama and went to the bathroom to change. She took s fee minutes, doing her night routine, before going back to the bedroom and sitting down on her bed, hugging her plushie with her gaze on the woman there.

"I owe you an apology Y/n." Dinah broke the silence, her back towards the teenager as she was scared to face her.

"About?"

"Earlier and the accusations I made. It was wrong of me, I was mean to you, I apologize and I hope somehow there is a way of me making it up to you."

The teenager stayed silent. Not speaking she moved away from the bed and went to the other side. Without warning, she just got inside the older's bed and laid next to her facing her.

"Hi."

Dinah, who had some tears in her eyes, quickly cleaned her face and smiled a little. "Uhm... Hi there."

"Were you about to cry?" She frowned a little.

"Ah... Perhaps?"

"Why?"

"O-oh well because... Because I was really worried about you." She looked away.

"Why?"

"Because I know we have known each other for a little time but you are already very important to me. I care about you deeply."

"You said you didn't want my help anymore." She looked at the plushie before facing her with a neutral expression. "Is that true?"

"That's one of the biggest lies I've ever told anyone."

Y/n's expression changed a little, it wasn't neutral anymore but the girl wasn't smiling either. "It's not pity."

Dinah looked at her. "It is not...?"

"It's not pity, it never was."

"I'll believe you..." The woman smiled a little.

"You better or I won't talk to you until you do."

Dinah widened her eyes. "No, don't do that!" The girl just stayed silent and looked away. "Please... I really like your company, it has been doing me so much good..."

"Of course it does you good, I know what to do around you." She faced her.

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"It means if I wasn't here the others would have help you, and instead of helping you move forward they would treat you like the rape victim. Always concerned about if they can touch you, or say something or something like that."

Dinah blinked a few times and looked down. "Because... They haven't gone through it?"

"It wouldn't help you, it would make you feel fragile and weak, and you aren't that."

"You never treated me like that. You made me feel strong and capable of going through it, moving on."

"Exactly, I know how to act around you to make you move on and not be the rape victim. It happened, yes, you have to deal with that, yes, one of them doesn't have a penis anymore, yes. But all that doesn't define who you are."

The singer couldn't hold the laugh. "The guy doesn't have a penis anymore."

"I'm not sorry about that." She struggled.

"It's the best part of it all. Well, the second best part."

"What's the best part?"

"Having you by my side." She said honestly.