Part 1: Chapter 18

Start from the beginning

I looked up at him and held my hands up to try and calm him down. "Dashawn, I can't talk to you when you raising your voice at me like that. I brought my stuff, okay. Just help me bring it in and I'll explain," I said looking up at him.

He narrowed his eyes at me and grabbed my chin. He turned my face to the side and used his thumb to rub at my cheek. When it wouldn't come off, he got even more mad.

"What happened to your face?" I tried hard not to wince. It was still sore.

"It doesn't matter," I said turning my head.

"Bro, you serious?" I rolled my eyes and walked back to the car. Dashawn was right behind me. Earl opened the trunk and I introduced him. "D, this my boss Earl. He has been helping me. Sir, this is Dashawn, my friend. He helped me get this place." They acknowledged each other, but Earl wasn't pleased with my choice of company. Dashawn shook Earl's hand and grabbed three of my bags in one trip. When he walked away, Earl spoke up.

"Ain't that the drug dealer," he said shaking his head.

"Yes, but he treats me right. He is good to me."

"Child, if you say so." I hugged Earl tight as Dashawn continued with my bags, a nasty scowl on his face the whole time.

"Tell Maggie I said hi and that I appreciate everything that she has done for me."

"Of course," he said caressing my back. I sighed and hugged him even tighter. When we pulled a part, I couldn't help my smile.

"I'll be back to work tomorrow."

"There's no need. I told you to take your time."

"I know, but-"

"No. Do not rush. Take a few more days. And, if I see you in my diner tomorrow, I will send your ass home." I burst out laughing.

We said our goodbyes and I got ready to deal with Dashawn.

.....

Dashawn had things to do, so once I got settled, he took off. He told me that when he comes back we would talk. I was a nervous wreck. I don't want to keep things from him, but I also don't want him to be even more angry with me. From Kennedy's nigga putting his hands on me to finding out that I'm pregnant, I don't want Dashawn to fly off the rails. But, I had to tell him everything. He was already suspicious of my face. I didn't want to lie to him and jeopardize our situationship. And about the baby, he needs to know. It would eat me up if I took care of it and didn't tell him.

After hours of contemplating, there was a knock at the door. I looked through the peephole and saw D.

"Don't be mad at me," I walked to the other side of the room as D closed the door. I paced the length of the empty living room.

"You gone tell me what happened to your face or where you been?"

"It's not as bad as it was six days ago. It's almost healed."

"You gone tell me what happened?"

I stole a glance at him. When we made eye contact, I adverted my gaze and continued my pacing.

"It was the night I got home from work. I had a good day. One of my friends dropped me off and I saw two cars in the driveway. My friend asked if I wanted him to walk me in, but I said no. When I got in the house, Kennedy and her nigga was all up in my face. She was doing too much trying to show off. But I ignored her and went to my room and locked the door. I went to bed, and later that night I heard a noise. I opened my door and-"

"He was all up in yo room?" I could tell he was getting mad.

"Yes, but it was my fault. I should've never opened my door and-"

"What else happened?" He cut me off.

"He needed to piss. I told him there was a bathroom down the hall, but he pushed his way into my room. I told him to get out, but he only dragged me into my bathroom and dropped me on the floor." I started fanning myself to try and cool off. I was hella nervous as I sped through the events of that night.

"I felt sick to my stomach. Like, more than usual. The room was spinning and the sickness wouldn't go away. He took a leak, and when he was done, he stood in front of me with his dick in my face. I was disgusted. I tried to get away but he yanked me back."

I stopped and looked at Dashawn. I barely managed to swallow past the lump in my throat. "Ion know what he had planned, but it got ruined when I accidentally threw up, and I think some got on him. He got so mad that he backhanded me."

"He wanted to beat my ass D," I said slumping against the wall. "He probably would have if it wasn't for Kennedy. She came prancing into my bathroom practically confessing to sending her nigga over to 'scare' me."

"What he look like?"

"I don't know. I was too fucked up. I-"

"Don't play with me. What he look like?"

"Why? Whatchu gone do?"

"I'm not gone ask you again."

I held my head in my hands and tried to think. I wanted to give an accurate description if Dashawn was about to go out on a man hunt. I told him what I remembered from that night. It wasn't a complete description, only what I could remember. But, it seemed good enough for D.

"How many of them was it?"

"Three, I think. But, I only encountered one of them."

"What the other two look like." I shrugged. He narrowed his eyes at me.

"I really don't know. I never saw their face."

"What they car look like?" He asked.

"Umm, one was a black Charger Hellcat and the other was a white Challenger, I think."

Dashawn nodded and headed for the door. "I know exactly who the fuck you talkin about," he sneered.

"Where you going," I ran after him and threw myself at him.

"To take care of some business."

"D, no it's fine. I'm done with them. I'm outta that house now, no one can hurt me."

"They already hurt you!" He tore away from me. "Yo own blood set you up. I should kill her along with that nigga. That shit ain't 'fine' and you know that. That nigga gone get what's comin to him."

"It ain't worth it," I pleaded.

"I'll have someone come post up." He dismissed me and was about to walk out the door when I blurted the first thing on my mind.

"Dashawn, I'm pregnant," I said wiping my tears. He stopped.

"I found out when I was in the hospital. That's where I been this past week after I passed out at work. It's my fault. I didn't think I could get pregnant. I should've been more-"

"Asha!" I jumped and took a step back from him.

"You need to stop with all that shit. Everything is not yo fucking fault, damn. I'm a grown ass man," he yelled in my face. It was quiet for a moment.

"I'll be back," he mumbled. I said nothing.

He slammed the door behind him.

About thirty minutes later, one of Dashawn's people came and told me that he was taking me to Dashawn's house. I packed a small bag and locked up the place. I didn't protest, especially since I didn't have any furniture yet. I was quiet the entire ride. When we arrived, I was let in Dashawn's house, and then left alone to my thoughts.