looking down on us

*once brittany was off the phone she just held her phone in her lap and got lost in thought, trying to come up with how to tell an 8:year old that her mum is no longer with them*

Santana: *came back into the living room and saw Brittany sat on the couch, lost in thought* Quinn is on her way just now! *sits down next to Brittany and cuddles into her side*

Brittany: *takes a deep breath* ok!

Santana: do you want a drink of anything? *looks up at Brittany as she rest her head on her shoulder*

Brittany: ill get a glass of water in a minute! *looks at Santana then goes back to thinking about Jessica*

Santana: ill get it babe, im getting something anyway *smiles at Britt then goes into the kitchen to get what brittany asked for and also to get whatever she wants for herself*

*5 minutes later! the girls were sat on the couch cuddling and talking, when a happy little girl burst through the front door*

Jessica: TANA... BRITTY... IM BACK! *the girls smiled as they heard Jessica then heard Quinn try to get her to stay still so she can get jessica's shoes off before coming in the living room*

Brittany: *the lump in her throat dissapeared as soon as she heard the little girl and she noticed that Santana caught on to Jessica's contagious laugh also* HEY MUNCHKIN... WE'RE IN THE LIVING ROOM *just then, jessica came running through and bombarded the girls with big hugs*

Jessica: I missed you guys so much! *sits on Santana's lap and smiles up at the girls as she tells them all about what she did with Quinn and Rachel*

Santana: did you say thank you to the girls for getting you your new toy? *smiles at Jessica as she jumps down from the couch and goes over to the other couch to give Rachel and Quinn a big hug*

Jessica: *looks up at Quinn and Rachel* thank you for the toy and for looking after me! *smiles as the girls smile back*

Rachel: you are very welcome darling! *kisses jessica on the forehead*

Jessica: *goes back over to sit on the couch, between Santana and Brittany* are those for me? *looks at the food and drink on the coffee table then looks at Brittany and Santana*

Brittany: they sure are Munchkin! *smiles as Jessica goes and sits on the floor and starts to nibble at the the different things on the tray*

*all the girls sit with their other half, all cuddled up as they give each other knowing looks once they see Jessica in her little bubble of happiness from the day she has just had. not knowing that all of that was just to distract her from her mum being so ill and now loosing her fight with cancer*

Brittany: *takes a deep breath and looks at Santana, who just holds on Brittany's hand and gives it a light squeeze of encouragement* Munchkin, can you come up here for a minute! *looks down as jessica stuffs her face with chocolate buttons*

Jessica: ok Britty! *wipes her mouth with the napkin that was on the table next to her then she gets up and goes to sit on Brittany's lap* whats wrong Britty? you look sad! *frowns because she doesnt like when people are sad*

Brittany: *sighs* Munchkin, you know how your mummy has been in hospital today because she has been really unwell recently? *looks at Jessica*

Jessica: yeah! where is mama? is she coming back from the hospital soon? *looks up at Brittany and santana*

Brittany: im sorry munchkin but your mummy can't come home because she has gone to heaven to be with the angels *tries hard to swallow the lump in her throat as she sees Jessica's mood drop*

Jessica: *starts to cry and she looks at Brittany and Santana* but, why? ... i thought the doctors and nurses where looking after her!

Brittany: i know... they did everything they could to help your mummy feel better. but she was so tired and her body just couldnt do anthing anymore so she now lives with the angels and will be singing and dancing in heaven. im sure she will be looking down on you now and will be so proud of you for being such a strong and brave little girl. *smiles weakly at Jessica*

Jessica: yeah! ...she did tell me she would be here too *puts her hands over her heart*

Santana: thats right Munchkin! she will be with you in spirit everyday and watch you grow and achieve all your dreams. and of course she will be up there laughing at us when Britty does silly things or we fall over after doing something crazy *smiles as she hears Jessica giggle*

Jessica: you are very silly Britty! ...thats what my mama liked most about you *smiles up at Brittany. Britt is surprised by the compliment she never heard from sasha before* she said that she hopes i'm just like you when i get older, and i hope so too *smiles as Brittany tears up this time because she didnt know that Jessica looked up to her like that*

Brittany: thats so sweet of you and your mama, thank you! *smiles as Jessica hugs Brittany*

Santana: excuse me! what about me? *playfully pouts as she jokes with Jessica to make her laugh*

Jessica: *cups santana's face and looks into her eyes* dont worry Tana, i wanna be just like you too! ...i mean, we do kind of look like each other with our brown hair and brown eyes *smiles*

Santana: *smlies at Jessica for being so gentle and making sure she doesnt feel left out* i was only joking, but thank you! i feel honoured to have a mini me in this house now. *smiles as Jessica smiles back*

Quinn: *was sat with Rachel watching the girls talk to Jessica* lets just hope this one doesnt have snixx's within her veins! *everyone laughs as Santana playfully sticks her tounge out at Quinn*

Jessica: whats Snixx? *looks at Quinn then turns to Santana*

Santana: snixx is a name all my friends gave me in highschool because when i get angry i become very cheeky and sarcastic with anyone who tries to talk to me when snixx comes out of her shell.

Jessica: oh ok! *accepts the the answer she was given even though she doesnt fully understand all that Santana said*

Brittany: so, what do you wanna do now? we can do anything at all! *smiles at jessica as she hopes she can keep jessica from getting to sad*

Jessica: i dont know! *frowns and looks down at her lap* im too sad to do anthing right now! *Brittany frowns as she looks round the room at the girls and sees that they have a similar expression*

Rachel: jessica... *jessica turns to look at Rachel* how about you and the girls come round for dinner at our place tonight and we can all have a sleepover together. we can eat food, watch movies, make a den and whatever else you wanna do *smiles at Jessica*

Jessica: ok! *is too sad to be enthusiastic*

Santana: do you wanna go up and pack your back and put the toys in it that you want to take? *smiles as Jessica looks at her*

jessica: yeah! *still not showing excitement as Santana carries her up to her room to sort her bag*

Brittany: *turns to Rachel and Quinn* are you sure you're ok to have us all over?

Rachel: of course! *smiles as Brittany smiles back*