56 ➪ Hey, Mom.

"Techno?" I walk through the house, hearing a song echo through the ebony walls. It feels as if i'm playing a game of hot and cold, the soft piano only getting louder as I got hotter. My hands traced the polished rails of the staircase. My feet tapped along the tiled floor, a beautiful blue and purple light reflecting through the stained glass panes. As I walked I saw a dark designed door in my way, the song playing was muffled by the thick wood.

My pale and small hand grabbed the golden handle, opening it with a loud creek. The sound of the song blasted my ears in, each note had a different feeling. Techno's hands glided across the piano like muscle memory, it was a small, fancy, and wooden piano. I sat behind him on the cold floor, watching as he put his heart and soul into the music. His tensed facial expressions cooled down as he played the last few keys, I sat in awe.

Once the song ended he backed up, stretching his arms and turning around. When he saw me his expression changed to a flushed and nervous one. "You were watching that all.?" He stammered, I shook my head no in response.

"I was only here towards the last part, but it was amazing!" My childish voice screamed, a smile spread across his and I's face.

"Thank you, Wilbur." He closed the top of the piano gently.

"What song is that?! Can you teach me!!?" I whined, the excitement in me was unbelievable.

"Nocturnal Waltz. Such a beautiful melody, huh?.. And when you are older maybe I will." He grinned whilst standing up and dusting his pants off. He undid his braid, his silky pink hair shimmering in the light.

"Why?!" I pouted, disappointment spreading across my face.

"Do you seriously want me to teach you? Piano is boring." Techno laughed, I got up and sat on one side of the piano seat.

His eyes rolled, "So eager.." He chuckled, "Alright alright. You better not leave halfway though." He opened the piano carefully once more and seated next to me.

"Alright, start here." He pressed a key then pulled his arms back so I could try.

My finger pressed down on the key, then reality hit me.

"You still remember it?" Techno laughed, his giggles filling the dark and dull room, a dim light glowing through the windows. His hair was put up in a ponytail with uneven edges. There was no sunny sky like before, the dusty smell told centuries of stories.

My fingers played the song by memory, it was vague but this was one of the things that stuck to my core. I couldn't forget when he first taught me how to play it.

"Mhm.." I nodded and I slammed the organ piano we replaced the other with.

"Remember how you broke the last one." He smiled.

"Of course I remember it, I was devastated." I forgot how it happened but I remember the sheer fear I felt when Techno yelled at me, apologizing shortly after.

"You cried for hours, are you still like that?"

I huffed in response, "No, Techno. I'm not a 7 year old anymore." My voice was stern and angry.

"I know I know!! I was joking." He chuckled, listening to me play.

"Haha." I said sarcastically.

"Oh come on, you're such a debbie downer.." He complained as I finished the song.

"Beautiful." He clapped with a smile.

"Thanks." I seethed, standing up and closing the instrument softly like he taught me.

"I remember when we still lived here, it's completely abandoned now." I traced the walls, Techno and I have been here for almost a week after I called him. Thank god he wasn't too far.

"Yeah, Phil made us move to the boring UK." Techno followed me as I walked up the steps, the sound of my shoes tapping against the floor was euphoric.

"Yuppp.." I yawned.

"Have you talked to Tommy at all?" He asked.

"No. I'm not sure he wants to, so I haven't." Guilt threaded through my words, I wish I could talk to him normally again. I really miss him. I have just an inner gut pain whenever I think about it, he's most definitely upset still.

"You miss him, don't you."

I stopped and turned around towards him.

...

"How could I not?" I spoke, lip quivering and on the verge of tears.

"Come here." He motioned for me to hug him with his arms out. I slowly walked into his embrace and hugged him tightly, letting salty tears drip onto his silky, white, collared shirt.

I just cried and cried for minutes on end as he rubbed my back. I felt safe and comforted for once in his arms. He never let go until I did.

"I thank you, Techno. You saved me a lot."

"Don't stress it, i'm just glad you are alright." He let go of my arm and grinned.

I gave a small smile back, looking over the golden colored balcony. "It's truly gorgeous, isn't it."

Techno nodded, "It reminds me of mother. This was her domain, described her perfectly." He lamented.

"I wish she didn't have to pass.." I sighed.

Our mother passed due to pneumonia when I was 8. 7 years ago, I remember the exact day. Our dad was devastated and couldn't bare to look at the house anymore, so we moved to the UK. Then a year later we adopted Tommy, Phil said he needed the void of our dead mother filled. Tommy could never be good enough for him, that's why he got hurt.

I feel bad for him, I never experienced what he did. He never experienced the fun of this house, maybe when things are better we could show him it.

"She didn't *have* to pass, did she?" Techno looked at me.

I looked back at him and shook my head with a frown. "I miss those days."

Him and I both looked at the sun setting over the green scattered mountains. Suddenly, a beautiful dove landed on the balcony next to us.

Techno looked at the dove, surprised. I just smiled, i've always been one with animals, but this certain dove let me put my hand very close to it. No ordinary dove.

Hey, Mom.