43 ➪ I'm fine, I promise.

"You fucking suck at lying." Sapnap laughed in my face.

"I- I know. It's hard to makeup lies on the spot." I mumbled.

He suddenly tugged my ear harshly, shit that hurts. "Be better." He said in a demonic voice. He then stopped tugging my ears and smiled, "Just wanted to remind you! Love you and I'll see you later!" He changed his emotions like a light switch. How is that even possible.

I stared down at the ground in pain, my whole body ached of injuries.

Karl POV

I saw Sapnap walk somewhere from the forest, "Welcome back?" I laughed.

"Thanks." He rolled his eyes.

"What was that? Where's Quackity?" I asked concerned.

"He said he lost something on the way back from the bathroom, probably jewelry." Sapnap explained, I got a little skeptical.

"Oh. Ill go help him then!" I smiled, he grabbed my arm.

"He will. Don't waste your time. Let's go do something else." He pulled me away.

"What? What's going on.. What are you hiding?!" I ripped my arm away.

"Stop being difficult! He's gonna be fine!" He shouted a little.

"Why wouldn't he be?!" I yelled, why was he being so difficult? What is he hiding.

"Oh my god! He can find it by himse-"

"Hey guys! What's wrong?" Quackity ran from the woods too, he had a bracelet in his hands. He looked completely fine.

"Oh! See.. I told you he'd find it!" Sapnap cheered. I guess I was overthinking it then.

"Yeah Look! Wilbur made it for me!" Quackity beamed, showing me the small bracelet around his sweatshirt wrist so it showed.

"He told me the red represents Tommy, grey represents him, orange for Sapnap, pink for Karl, and blue for me!" He rambled, I smiled at that. I was happy he was happy and Wilbur being kind like that.

"Aw thats cute." I grinned, he nodded and then invited us to go to the beach. I of course agreed and then invited Wilbur and Tommy.

"I don't feel like swimming today, I more just want to admire it." Quackity informed calmly, I knew Tommy wouldn't want to swim either. So I didn't comment when he came in one of Wilbur's crewnecks.

Wilbur wore a towel on the way there that covered his chest and body, Sapnap just wore swim shorts, and Quackity came in leggings and his zipped up sweater. I had a palm tree button up and swim shorts.

"When we get there I'm drowning you Sapnap." Wilbur threatened.

"WHAT?!" Sapnap yelled, turning around to the backseat.

Wilbur started laughing, "I'm kidding you brick-head." He teased.

Sapnap smiled, "I won't be."

Quackity looked a little scared, "WHAT?!" Wilbur copied Sapnap's reaction.

Once we were there Sapnap went running into the cold water. I set up our spot on the sand and sat down, Tommy sat down next to me. The beach has always calmed me, so coming here with friends made it ten times better. I didn't know where Quackity went, Probably a small cliff. He loves watching the ocean.

"WILBUR! KARL! HOP IN!!" Sapnap shouted from the tide.

Wilbur looked a little uneasy, "Hey it's alright." I smiled, he smiled slightly. I felt as if something was wrong but I just don't know what.

We stepped into the salt water, sheesh it was freezing. "AHH SAPNAP STOP SPLASHING ME!" Wilbur instantly submerged his legs into the water, I did but very slowly.

"Karl you're so SLOW!" On the 'slow' Sapnap jumped on me.

I fought for air under the water,
his body ontop of mine. Shit I just sucked in water.

I splashed out of the water, gasping for air. I was thrown into a coughing fit, instantly choking on salt water. That shit hurts. Wilbur was patting my back, desperately trying to help me breathe. Sapnap was rapidly apologizing.

Wilbur and Sapnap quickly rushed me to the shore to sit down and make sure all the water was out of my lungs. "God are you ok?!" Tommy yelled.

"Y-yeah-" I was sent into another cough.

"I'm so sorry Karl-" Sapnap started.

"You IDIOT! What did you expect?!" Wilbur screamed at Sapnap, When they were fighting I noticed something.

Something that explains earlier..

Wilbur looked a little uneasy, "Hey it's alright." I smiled, he smiled slightly. I felt as if something was wrong but I just don't know what.

There were multiple nasty, oval shaped, reddish pink marks on his upper legs. No- are those burn marks?! God why is everything so fucked up here.

I sighed and laid my head back, I'll talk to him about it when I get back home.. I don't want to ruin this.

"Do you feel better now?! I'm so sorry!!" Sapnap cried when him and Wilbur finished fighting. I was completely fine by then.

"Yeah. I'm alright." I fake smiled. I didn't feel like talking.

"I'm gonna go talk to Quackity." I got up before they had the change to say shit to me. I'm not mad, I just don't want to talk.

I walked up the cliff Quackity was sitting. It was way above the water. "Hey, move back!" He jumped as I said this from afar. He was very close to falling, on the very edge he was. He better not get any ideas.

"Hey, Karl." He looked to the side.

"What's up? Are you alright." He seemed really off, like very very off.

"I dunno.. I just.. Mnm." He mumbled very quietly at the end.

"What?"

"I.. It's so hard to resist." Quackity spoke.

"What the hell are you on about!?" I screamed, confused.

"Just falling." He mumbled under his shaky breathes.

"Heyhehhey please dont please get back right now.." I pulled him arm backwards and into my embrace. He started crying.

"I-I want to so bad." He wailed.

"Don't say that. Remember Tommy? You don't want to end up like him.. And you have me and Sapnap!" I frowned.

His eyes were duller after I said that. He then just stared at me.

I was uncomfortable to say the least, he was just standing still and gazing. He started looking drowsy and dizzy, I held onto his arm.

"Are you alright?.." There was no way he was alright. I knew this. I fucking knew this why didn't I do anyth-

"I'm fine. I promise." He smiled.