54 ➪ Dead Weight.

Start from the beginning

"Really? You have any on you?"

"Wh- .. Yeah?" I smiled awkwardly.

I pulled a pack of cigarettes out of my bad, handing one to him, along with a lighter. He started smoking, so I just followed him and did too. He suddenly stopped and looked in the direction he had been most the time. He threw down his cigarette then stomping on it. I turned to the person.

Oh god.

It's Tommy.

"Hey.. Tommy." He smiled, walking infront of him.

"What?" Tommy opposed.

"Don't fucking talk to me all tough." Purpled yelled at him, he looked intimidated.

"No. I- I'm not gonna follow your fucking command!" Tommy yapped, suddenly getting aggressive. He had already noticed I was there.

Purpled suddenly slapped him across the face, "YOU NEVER FUCKING LISTEN!?"

Phil.

Tommy started panicking a little, blocking his face as Purpled beat the shit out of him. I should've known.. I don't want to get hurt though. I can't do anything.
All I can do is watch helplessly.

"Wi- hh- lbu- AGHK" Tommy tried to scream for help from me, Purpled then socked him in the stomach.

Tommy had a bloody nose and a black eye, Probably other injuries too, but I couldn't see them.

This is my fault.. I can't move or do anything. I don't want to go through that again.. No but. He's going through it? I wanted help. Why can't I help him-

Purpled then stomped on Tommy's face once, "Prick. Don't fucking show up tomorrow, no one wants you." He walked away from Tommy and towards me.

"C'mon Wilbur, let's go to class." He smirked, walking past me and to his next class. I pretended to follow him for a second, only to stop and turn around.

Tommy was shaking and crying probably wondering why I didn't bother to help. I swear I wanted to I just... I couldn't bring myself to.

"Tommy it's alright- I.. Get up c'mon!! You're gonna be alright lets go wash you off." I grabbed his shoulder and hand, trying to help him up. He got up weakly, still sobbing.

"Wi-Wilburr" He sobbed into my shirt, "Mh- My face hu..hurts plea- se!" I felt so extremely bad, I put him in this place.

I rushed him to the bathroom, luckily no one was there. I quickly gathered paper towels and ran water over his cuts and bruises, also wiping his face and nose.

"Wi-l.. Bur why didn't y-you help me!??" He cried in a yell, his voice was so strained from screaming.

"Tommy i-"

"Why!? You- You just stood th- Hh - there!!????" The pain in his voice hurt to listen to. Why did I do that? Karl is gonna hate me..

"I'm so sorry- I was just scared-" I tried to explain myself, but that just angered him more.

"YOU DONT THINK I WA- WASNT SCARED!??" He screamed, tears still running.

"I regret it please Tommy I'm sorry.." I tried to reach a hand out for him but he slapped it away in rage.

"I'm going home." He sniffled, walking out of the bathroom.

I just stood there dumbfounded at what awful thing I just did.

I'm dead weight.

Dead weight.

I only drag you down.

Dead weight.

I'll always be that.

I fucked up.

There's no reversing that.
He was so excited about school and I ruined it for him. It's all my fault.
Idiot idiot idiot.

All you are is dead weight.