Dr.Hartmen pt 1

Jane

I was so nervous. What if this doesn't work out? What if nothing changes and he goes back to his old ways? My thoughts were starting to get the best of me and Colson could tell. He squeezed my hand a little and I squeezed back.

"Dr.Hartmen will see you now." The receptionist said.

We both got up and walked into the office where we were greeted by the doctor.

"Its nice to finally meet you two." She said shaking both of our hands. "So tell me, what do you hope to gain from seeing me?" She asked.

Colson looked over at me first before replying. "We want to put our marriage back together. I made some mistakes and I want to know what it is I need to do to fix them." He stated

She now looked over at me for my response."I want us to work things out so that we can finally move past the things that happened before and after we separated."

"Ok, we'll I'm going to try to help you do that but you both have to be willing to want this or it will never work out. Do you understand?" She asked

We both nodded and she continued. "First things first. Colson tell me about your infidelity. When did it start and why?"

"Well it started a while after Jane and I got married. At first I went on tour and she and Casie, our daughter, were with me for a while but then Jane had to go on a separate tour from mine and we had to part ways. The first time it happened I'll admit I let my hormones and my drug use get the best of me."

"And what were you on?"

"At the time I was smoking weed and poppin pills. I didn't do it often cause I know how I can get sometimes, but it was like the first time in a long time that my wife was away and I just wanted to let loose a little. I never meant to cheat on her." He said apologetically dropping his head.

"I feel some tention. Jane would you like to say something? How did what he said make you feel?"

"Um hurt. That night I came to see him. It was gonna be a surprise so I didn't tell him. I stood outside his room for almost an hour. Like some, some idiot!"

"Jane.." He started

"No she's angry Colson. Let her express that." Dr. Hartman replied. "Go on Jane."

"I just really can't believe that you would do this to me. I really thought our vows meant something to you!"

"They do! At the time I just. I don't fucking know my judgement was clouded and I wasn't thinking." He responded.

I didn't reply. I wasn't satisfied with his answer. "Well maybe we should take a break and resume this next week." Dr.Hartmen responded. I nodded and then walked out. This was gonna be a long week.