Are you missing something

Jane

I laid in bed in pain. There was no way I wanted to get up. Yesterday's ER visit was still replaying in my head.

Flashback

"Where am I?" I asked as I came to.

"Your in the hospital. You past out when we were at lunch." Aubrey stated.

"So what happened?" I asked.

"Hold up I'm gonna get the doctor." He replied.

The doctor walked in and shook my hand." Jane how are you? She asked

"Um ok I guess but what happened to me? Why am I here?"

"Well you were brought in a few hours ago and we did a few test. Jane did you know you were pregnant?" She asked.

"No, wait, pregnant?" I asked

"Well I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but you were pregnant. About 6 months." She explained

"I thought because of my anemia I couldn't conceive?"

"Well you did but due to your disease and your lack of knowledge about the pregnancy your body couldn't handle the pregnancy. But there could still be a chance that you and your husband could conceive in the future." She said looking at Aubrey and I.

"Oh he's.."

"I'm just a close friend." Aubrey replied

Flashback over

Once I got home Aubrey insisted on staying with me instead of heading straight back to Canada like he planned. We ended up getting close after I designed the lingerie for his video shoot and he really wanted me to help design some lingerie for his new line. So I agreed and we have been working on it for about a month and half before this happened. He just left a few hours ago and now I was kinda regretting sending him away.

I can't believe I was pregnant. It never even crossed my mind. My doctor always told me the chance of getting pregnant and actually carrying a child to full term was slim to none. I know I had gotten sick in the past few months but I just thought it was due to the symptoms of my disease. I need to take my meds. I went into my bathroom and grabbed the red liquid and a syringe from my medicine cabinet. I took an alcohol pad and wiped the skin on my right thigh. I hated doing this. When Colson did it I barely felt it but when I did it hurt. After the injection I put on a band aid and then crawled back into my bed where I drifted off.

I lay in bed sleeping until I heard the doorbell ringing. It was 3:45 in the afternoon. Whoever it was really wanted me to come to the door because they just kept ringing it. When I finally reached the door. I saw Casie on the other side with her back turned toward the door sitting on the steps. I opened the door and could hear her sobbing.

"Casie? Baby, what's wrong? How did you get here?" I looked around for her grandmother's car.

"I took the bus mostly and then walked here."

"Casie! Why would you do something like that?! That was extremely dangerous! Something could've happened to you."

"I know and I'm sorry. I don't wanna live with daddy anymore."